Cupcake's Dropship Dealership...

19 minutes ago, Exothermos said:

OK, I demand a sequel to featuring their jailbreak!

"The Kershank Redemption" would seem like a fairly epic project in terms of locations, cinematography, etc... and I'm not sure if Cupcake has the necessary budget to retain Mr Freeman as a narrator?

"The Usual Kerbals" would require quite a lot of thought put into screenplay, some clever editing, and some outstanding performances from the ragdolls.

"The Great Kerscape" would work well however.

:)

EDIT: Cupcake's title for this vid makes me ponder the question: does anyone have a "Scrapheap Challenge" style KSP challenge going over on reddit?

Or, sorry, "Junkyard Wars" style challenge, if you're from 'Murica. :)
Because that could be fun.

Edited by BlueRaven

20 hours ago, Raptor9 said:

That is definitely the most original KSP video I've seen.  I don't know how you come up with these sequences @Cupcake....

This one's a bit of a departure for me as it's mostly story driven rather then flying a mission. :)

15 hours ago, Exothermos said:

OK, I demand a sequel to featuring their jailbreak!

Not sure about a jail break but I do see a deal being struck for Jeb's freedom in return for flying a hideously dangerous mission. :wink:

15 hours ago, BlueRaven said:

"The Kershank Redemption" would seem like a fairly epic project in terms of locations, cinematography, etc... and I'm not sure if Cupcake has the necessary budget to retain Mr Freeman as a narrator?

"The Usual Kerbals" would require quite a lot of thought put into screenplay, some clever editing, and some outstanding performances from the ragdolls.

"The Great Kerscape" would work well however.

:)

EDIT: Cupcake's title for this vid makes me ponder the question: does anyone have a "Scrapheap Challenge" style KSP challenge going over on reddit?

Or, sorry, "Junkyard Wars" style challenge, if you're from 'Murica. :)
Because that could be fun.

Man, I loved that show when I was a kid! :D:D:D

Cupcake...

• 2 weeks later...
On 1/20/2018 at 4:16 PM, Cupcake... said:

Here's a little sneak peak of the upcoming Maelstrom SSTO returning from a Munar mission. :) 

QjqVQJk.jpg

You'll have to wait for the video to see it but the handling on this thing is something to behold. :wink:

Cupcake...

Does this use clipped fuel tanks?

8 hours ago, Exothermos said:

In Thrust We Trust!

Indeed! :D

2 hours ago, The Dunatian said:

Does this use clipped fuel tanks?

It does yes, there are Round 8 tanks mounted either end of the cockpit and in the engine nacelles.

1 hour ago, Raptor9 said:

By Cupcake standards, that is huge. :sticktongue:

I figured I'd better get good with one Rapier before I work my way up to two. :wink: Just started work on the video as well, I think even by my standards I may have cut this one a wee bit fine! :blush:

wX4wC0D.jpg

ytghXud.jpg

uyHkonF.jpg

Eeeep!

Cupcake...

• 2 weeks later...
7 hours ago, FleshJeb said:

Alternative title: Two Rapiers, One Cupcake

:o 

1 hour ago, Raptor9 said:

I've had that song stuck in my head ALL DAY at work! Curse you @Cupcake...!

"I wanna girl with a short skirt and a looooooonnnngggggg jacket..."

For the love of God don't listen to this next song then!

Nah, actually do it's awesome. :D

Cupcake...

Heya Cupcake,

Do you take musical suggestions? If nothing else, there may be some inspiration in these.

Thank you for all the great stuff you do.

Spoiler

Totally fits your style. Dynamic, uptempo, lots of changes for story hooks/scene changes.

Not dynamic enough for your usual style, and I'm not sure if it's suitable for storytelling in KSP, but I thought something chill might be fun. Barring that, there's always Lateralus.:

Valentina and the gals go on a roadtrip:

Working on a new version of the Wisp. :wink:

FwJi8i2.jpg

It still cruises quite happily along the stratosphere with the added bonus of afterburners. Jg519uX.jpg

With the engines grouped tight together the handling is vastly improved. The engine gimbals also put out plenty of turn even when the craft is barely moving, no extra reaction wheels needed here.

QvOUDiJ.jpg

Coming soon!  :D

Cupcake...

Hello,

I just recently discovered your content, and I love it! So much that I actually got a joystick just to fly better.

I wanted to download some of your craft files and try flying, and I ended up downloading many. The only problem is: I don't know/understand which of the crafts are supposed to work and which ones don't work anymore.
Is it possible that a craft loads correctly but that it doesn't work? Specifically, I wanted to fly one of your VTOL crafts: which one would you suggest me to try first?

Is the main post the only one containing the officially working crafts?

-Spyridox

Edited by Spyridox

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.