Cupcake's Dropship Dealership...

Heh all,

I've been working on a new version of my little Squall jet trainer. :)

cyIux8j.jpg

Through a bit of KSP voodoo I've managed to drastically increase the performance of the design while still keeping the weight down to a hair over 2t.

qmi58mk.jpg

This new version can super-cruise at over 600m/s (Mach 2) and is capable of circumnavigating Kerbin with ease.

ougQVDZ.jpg

Like the original it's powered by a pair of Juno engines nestled just aft of the cockpit.

t8hBaQj.jpg

It goes without saying that the craft is extremely agile and will have you pulling Gs like a champ! :D Anyone that wants to take her for a spin can grab a pre-release version here:

https://goo.gl/N7rpE6

Enjoy! :)

Cupcake...

15 hours ago, Aerospike said:

Would love to be able to give it a try, I just don't find the time to play KSP (or anything else) these days...

Every spare minute is spent on learning 3D modelling for a hopefully future KSP mod project :wink:

That sounds exciting! :)

Cupcake...

7 hours ago, Cupcake... said:

That sounds exciting! :)

Cupcake...

Well, re-reading my reply, I probably made it sound much more exciting than it really is.

What consumes most of my time is work and family (17 months old son :)).

The minutes that I spend on learning blender don't amount to much when summed up :P

On 10/7/2017 at 5:00 AM, Cupcake... said:

Enjoy! :D

Sure as hell did! Your videos are always make me scream at how damn good you are at KSP.

That miniature aircraft carrier is amazing too. You should put out that craft file as well, it's those sort of things that we're in short supply of too!

13 hours ago, DMSP said:

Sure as hell did! Your videos are always make me scream at how damn good you are at KSP.

That miniature aircraft carrier is amazing too. You should put out that craft file as well, it's those sort of things that we're in short supply of too!

I can add it to the Odd's N Sods section if you like?

48 minutes ago, DeltaDizzy said:

Well well well

screenshot551.png

Note: throttle, speed, altitude

Come on, you can go faster then that! :)

Cupcake...

Edited by Cupcake...

I'm Baaaaaaack!

And finally got a computer! 

And soon to get KSP!

And an idea! I designed what is basically a small reaction wheel, an Oscar-b and a juno, of course with intake, an antenna, etc.

good for cheap laythe exploration, or training.

Edited by Hast5250

16 hours ago, DMSP said:

That would be excellent!

I'll upload it over the weekend. :wink:

8 hours ago, Hast5250 said:

I'm Baaaaaaack!

And finally got a computer! 

And soon to get KSP!

And an idea! I designed what is basically a small reaction wheel, an Oscar-b and a juno, of course with intake, an antenna, etc.

good for cheap laythe exploration, or training.

That does sound good, feel free to show us some pics. :)

Cupcake...

18 hours ago, Speed_Kerman said:

Another little something for us ion engine addicts, Cupcake?

Most certainly! :)

15 hours ago, Hast5250 said:

Owl mk2?  quite tiny. not much fuel by the looks of it. any drop tanks? also, I don't see any RTGs on it, surprisingly! and no reaction wheels! are they clipped inside?

Not sure of a name yet, hopefully inspiration will strike soon! Not much fuel no, but even with the four radial tanks she still makes over 7k Delta V. The reaction wheel and RTG are nestled in the power pack to help counterbalance the pilot. :wink:

Cupcake...

• 2 weeks later...
2 hours ago, KerBlitz Kerman said:

4.9 stars. You lost .1 stars because of no missiles only 1 crew member. Can you build an ion engined 12 kerbal with 7km/s

12 Kerbals?! I can't afford that, who's gonna pay their wages?

2 hours ago, DeltaDizzy said:

I did, but then it poofed, if you get my meaning. I got no pictures.

Pilot assist seems to function better with the control surfaces disabled. :wink:

Cupcake...

• 3 weeks later...
This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.