Cupcake's Dropship Dealership...

I like the little rcs thingies that the kerbals can ride.. they are heaps cool..
Totally! /signed :)

Here you are guys, you'll need to have Mechjeb installed, hope you enjoy using them. :wink:

http://goo.gl/byx0IS

T9UGMjj.jpg

Hey, Cupcake, are you still doing the Reddit challenge? Or are you too busy?

Yeah, I was going to give it a try this weekend. :)

Cupcake...

Edited by Cupcake...

My Kerbals couldn't wait for an "actual mission", so we decided on a little Scrumpy joyride to Minmus...

It seems to have gone down well! :D

They do seem to be having a whale of a time, I hope they made it back to Kerbin okay though! :D

Cupcake...

You know I took one of those RCS tugs on my Kerpollo lander with a new save I recently started. Was gonna have a lot of fun with it...

Then I left RCS on during phys-warp and had to leave it in Munar orbit before descent. *shrug, Oh well.

You know I took one of those RCS tugs on my Kerpollo lander with a new save I recently started. Was gonna have a lot of fun with it...

Then I left RCS on during phys-warp and had to leave it in Munar orbit before descent. *shrug, Oh well.

Jeb will be dissapointed. ;.;

Ever wonder what a reentry at excess of the escape velocity of the Sun looked like?

I did.

Poor Kerbal, oh well I suppose it would have quick and (relatively) painless! :P

Cupcake...

Heh guys,

Thought you might enjoy seeing a bit more of the Carpathia in action. :) It pulled off the latest Reddit challenge without too much difficulty, the only problem I had was that the top solar panel broke... again... :( When I get a bit of time I'll get rid of it mount a pair of solar panels on the side tanks instead. Anyway, without further ado...

Cupcake...

Well done! Much truer to the spirit of the challenge than some of the videos I've seen using a mother-ship and multiple landers.

Spotted the Damselfly cameo!

Also - nice hand-break turn! :D

Glad you enjoyed it, :) kind of wish I hadn't been so rough with the piloting though, not one of my finest hours! :blush:

Cupcake...

Oh, I just noticed the Damselfly in your video. :)

I wondered when you'd spot that! :D

Do we get any sneak peeks of the VTOL mothership?

Sadly there's not too much to see, I'm holding off doing any serious work on it until .24 and its shiny new parts comes around. :(

Cupcake...

Nice double round trip!! You almost landed on Jebediah at the very end there.

I was really doing my best not to land of top of him but it was rather close! It'll be cool if someone could write an AI program for Kerbals to give them some street smarts when you're not controling them. :)

Cupcake...

I was really doing my best not to land of top of him but it was rather close! It'll be cool if someone could write an AI program for Kerbals to give them some street smarts when you're not controling them. :)

Cupcake...

I could see a PSA:

"Jedediah always knows to look both ways before crossing the SOI!"

This thread is slowly morphing into a thread where people self advertise everything they do that's vaguely VTOL-related.

I love it.

This is my new, incredibly ugly, and my most useful craft to date, the Ramesses Fuel-Carrier-Thing. It is extremely efficient, burning just a little over 3 Rockmax Oranges and getting one into orbit. I plan on making an edited version that carries a payload insted of extra fuel.

I plan on sending it to mareczex333 ( http://www.youtube.com/user/mareczex333 ) to see if he can improve it any.

XFEnBNw.jpg

You can waste 3 minutes of your life staring at it in action here:

Or download it here: https://www.dropbox.com/s/4m2nzbtskutp3nd/Ramesses.craft

Edited by CakeNinjaProductions

This thread is slowly morphing into a thread where people self advertise everything they do that's vaguely VTOL-related.

I love it.

This is my new, incredibly ugly, and my most useful craft to date, the Ramesses Fuel-Carrier-Thing. It is extremely efficient, burning just a little over 3 Rockmax Oranges and getting one into orbit. I plan on making an edited version that carries a payload insted of extra fuel.

I plan on sending it to mareczex333 ( http://www.youtube.com/user/mareczex333 ) to see if he can improve it any.

http://i.imgur.com/XFEnBNw.jpg

You can waste 3 minutes of your life staring at it in action here:

Or download it here: https://www.dropbox.com/s/4m2nzbtskutp3nd/Ramesses.craft

Wow, what a beast! :cool: I've got a feeling you might be able to do it with 8 jets engines if you have a liquid fuel supply exclusively for the jets. Oh and lots of intakes too!

Cupcake...

Edited by Cupcake...

The jets do have their own supply - those FL's strapped to the sides.

I found that more engines is actually more efficient via testing, and the maths agree:

The faster you are going upward when you start using your mainsail (assuming you always start at a constant height), the less delta-v the mainsail needs to exert.

The fuel the jets use is less relevant because they use less fuel.

In short, the more thrust exerted by jets, the less fuel you use overall.

As for the added weight/drag of the extra engines, they have less of an effect than the fuel you can save.

So there you have it. To an extent, more thrust = less fuel used. In fact, I should probably go add more engines.

I rest my case. Goodnight, case.

-Cake (expert algebra-er)

(P.S. : It needs at least 12 engines just to hover, so eight really won't work.)

Cupcake...

Oh, why did I miss this post? Being a programmer, I now have a solemn duty to try and see if I can do something if I feel like it and don't procrastinate too much.

Maybe any kerbals within a 200 meter radius of a throttled-up craft will run in the opposite direction?

I think it might also be cool to have kerbals from farther than 200 m to run towards the craft to see what's going on. Including EVA-ing and piling out of their base.

If Danny ever gets a hold of this, he's gonna have some fun. Assuming I end up making it.

I'll call it a favor in return for doing all the stuff I asked you to do (Tylo and the reddit challenge)

EDIT:

Shoot. KSP is in C#.

I don't know C#.

Well this sucks.

I'm probably going to learn it then (or at least enough to make this simple mod) , but this mod probably won't be here for a while. Don't get your hopes up.

Timescale estimate? At least a month. At most, four. After that I might just give up.

I see this as a good opportunity to expand my horizons past just Java. *cough cough* java's the best thing since sliced bread *cough cough*

Oh, why did I miss this post? Being a programmer, I now have a solemn duty to try and see if I can do something if I feel like it and don't procrastinate too much.

Maybe any kerbals within a 200 meter radius of a throttled-up craft will run in the opposite direction?

I think it might also be cool to have kerbals from farther than 200 m to run towards the craft to see what's going on. Including EVA-ing and piling out of their base.

If Danny ever gets a hold of this, he's gonna have some fun. Assuming I end up making it.

I'll call it a favor in return for doing all the stuff I asked you to do (Tylo and the reddit challenge)

EDIT:

Shoot. KSP is in C#.

I don't know C#.

Well this sucks.

I'm probably going to learn it then (or at least enough to make this simple mod) , but this mod probably won't be here for a while. Don't get your hopes up.

Timescale estimate? At least a month. At most, four. After that I might just give up.

I see this as a good opportunity to expand my horizons past just Java. *cough cough* java's the best thing since sliced bread *cough cough*

Kerbal AI! Wow, that sounds like a really ambitious project, be really cool if it works out though. I mean even something simple like other Kerbals following you in formation would be amazing. Anyway, good luck! :cool:

Cupcake...

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.