Cupcake's Dropship Dealership...

Oh, i forgot I haven't said anything about the Cleopatra in a while! Boy, I've made progress.

Nicely done! Very well filmed too. :) I'm impressed you managed to get the video so smooth with what looks like quite a heavy part count.

Also I'm afraid I'm going to have to hang up my VTOL boots for a while as I'm starting back at University tommorow. I was hoping to have another video done this weekend but unfortunately I've run into all sorts of problems with .24. :( Its got to the point where I think I'll have to wait for 24.1 before I start making videos again. Anyway, it's been a pleasure as always and I'll post the odd video/craft when I can. :)

Cupcake...

Edited by Cupcake...

Nicely done! Very well filmed too. :) I'm impressed you managed to get the video so smooth with what looks like quite a heavy part count.

Also I'm afraid I'm going to have to hang up my VTOL boots for a while as I'm starting back at University tommorow. I was hoping to have another video done this weekend but unfortunately I've run into all sorts of problems with .24. :( Its got to the point where I think I'll have to wait for 24.1 before I start making videos again. Anyway, it's been a pleasure as always and I'll post the odd video/craft when I can. :)

Cupcake...

I thought this was your thread... not a thread others can advertise their videos and creations...

Is he working for/helping you?

I thought this was your thread... not a thread others can advertise their videos and creations...

Is he working for/helping you?

As long as it's VTOL/Dropship themed I'm more then happy for people to share/advertise here. :) The Cleopatra is a VTOL SSTO launch system that CakeNinjaProductions been working on for a while, he's been keeping me updated as he improves the design. Hope this clears things up, and yeah if you got any cool VTOL designs do share! :wink:

Cupcake...

Alright! Thankyousomuch! :D

Here's my prototype VTOL

qxP0tjs.png

Heavy dev. in progress.

It's balanced well, but the landing gear don't like the weight.

Anyone got some missile designs for me? The ones equipped are too small, and never hit.

It needs more SAS torque.

I would love suggestions, with anything.

That sucks about the rebalancing dude. Updates are great but always mean a lot of work. I really wish some stock robotics would have been added. I wanna see what you could do with those

Alright! Thankyousomuch! :D

Here's my prototype VTOL

http://i.imgur.com/qxP0tjs.png

Heavy dev. in progress.

It's balanced well' date=' but the landing gear don't like the weight.

Anyone got some missile designs for me? The ones equipped are too small, and never hit.

It needs more SAS torque.

I would love suggestions, with anything.[/quote']

Looking good! With combat VTOL's the most important thing is targeting, put a docking port on the front of the craft and mount it 10* downwards, you can then use Romfarer's docking cam mod as a sight. Trust me, it'll improve your accuracy no end! :) Also feel free to grab the missiles from any of my craft, they've got a lot more punch to them then the standard decoupler/seperaton missile. I find the missiles are best for soft targets like hitchhiker pods and the like, but I have manged to destroy the big red tanks on occasion. Oh, and make sure the tick rate for the physics isn't set too low otherwise the rounds will just pass straight through the target. Hope this helps. :wink:

That sucks about the rebalancing dude. Updates are great but always mean a lot of work. I really wish some stock robotics would have been added. I wanna see what you could do with those

I always dread looking at the change list! I'm a big grumpy about having to redo some of the craft but I think ultimately it'll be for the best as the wieght saving will make the designs a wee bit more efficient. Oh, and stock robotics would be very cool, I'd like that! :cool:

Cupcake...

Oh, and stock robotics would be very cool, I'd like that! :cool:

Cupcake...

Expect things in the future, upon examination of the tech tree, there is a whole node called "actuators" that has nothing but the advanced grabbing unit, who's model doesn't actually use actuators, rather some kind of suspension system. I would assume this to be a place holder for more to be added. (Could also just been a nod to infernal robotics)

Expect things in the future, upon examination of the tech tree, there is a whole node called "actuators" that has nothing but the advanced grabbing unit, who's model doesn't actually use actuators, rather some kind of suspension system. I would assume this to be a place holder for more to be added. (Could also just been a nod to infernal robotics)

Is that right? Well thinking about it I'd be surprised if they didn't include it at some stage, I mean I'm sure NASA will let them use the extending arm from the space shuttle. :D

Cupcake...

Looking good! With combat VTOL's the most important thing is targeting, put a docking port on the front of the craft and mount it 10* downwards, you can then use Romfarer's docking cam mod as a sight. Trust me, it'll improve your accuracy no end! :) Also feel free to grab the missiles from any of my craft, they've got a lot more punch to them then the standard decoupler/seperaton missile. I find the missiles are best for soft targets like hitchhiker pods and the like, but I have manged to destroy the big red tanks on occasion. Oh, and make sure the tick rate for the physics isn't set too low otherwise the rounds will just pass straight through the target. Hope this helps. :wink:

I always dread looking at the change list! I'm a big grumpy about having to redo some of the craft but I think ultimately it'll be for the best as the wieght saving will make the designs a wee bit more efficient. Oh, and stock robotics would be very cool, I'd like that! :cool:

Cupcake...

As I said, heavy development in progress.

Thanks for the help!

I might post missile designs here.

Hey Cupcake! I gotta hand you some kudos, again! The Moth: Super fun to zip around in! I was having some fun with it pre-.24, now I'm just as busy as everyone else squashing bugs though. It's a shame so many of your designs will need refits from this, if you need some help testing, I'd be willing to help if I can. I'm curious about your thoughts on the new engines, though. I figured the LFO thrusters could be useful on your designs to eliminate RCS fuel weight and stay nimble, but what about the new mono engines? Could they be balanced enough in weight/efficiency to make for a good SSTO?

Also, bummer on the Bulldog being retired. It was probably my favorite design so far. Big, burly and ugly, but smooth to fly so long as my computer wasn't lagging too terribly bad. :)

Hey Cupcake! I gotta hand you some kudos, again! The Moth: Super fun to zip around in! I was having some fun with it pre-.24, now I'm just as busy as everyone else squashing bugs though. It's a shame so many of your designs will need refits from this, if you need some help testing, I'd be willing to help if I can. I'm curious about your thoughts on the new engines, though. I figured the LFO thrusters could be useful on your designs to eliminate RCS fuel weight and stay nimble, but what about the new mono engines? Could they be balanced enough in weight/efficiency to make for a good SSTO?

Also, bummer on the Bulldog being retired. It was probably my favorite design so far. Big, burly and ugly, but smooth to fly so long as my computer wasn't lagging too terribly bad. :)

I'm afraid I haven't really had a chance to try the new engines as I'm pretty flat out at University again and .24 has proved to a be a real bugfest on my machine. ;.; The throttle bug in particular has wiped out about 30 Wraiths. For something that flies close to the ground losing the throttle all of a sudden is not good! Thanks for the offer of being a tester, but I don't think it would help sadly, I'll just have to try and find the time to retune the fleet. :rolleyes:

Must say I kind of miss the Bulldog too, it handled like a dream but I just couldn't justify it anymore, sure it can go to Duna and back (just).

But the new Equinox can do the same, and go to Ike with 3 engines instead of 8!

Still I'll have a play around with the Bulldog sometime, I don't think we've seen the last of it. :wink:

That video with the ion landers on minmus... did you use burntogether mod, or just really really good flying?

I've tried using Burn Together but it doesn't seem to work with my craft, the video you saw was done with Mechjeb flying the lead vessel. Hope this helps. :)

Yeah... May have gotten sucked into the Gentleman's Naval Battle Club with a few friends of mine

Those monsters are a bit big for my sort of flying! :D

Cupcake...

Edited by Cupcake...

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.