Cupcake's Dropship Dealership...

Welcome to the Dark Side! We have cookies. :)

"V" to align stuff to the middle point of another part is a godsend (even if now you can do a similar thing with the translation gizmo), and I haven't used cubic struts in ages thanks to the surface attach tool. Which incidentally, lets you do wondrous thing with fuel flow, now that you can leave the end nodes free to flow through by attaching the engines to the surface, or clip stuff to the node to stop it.

Rune. It's part of how I achieve my incredible part counts, no cubic struts and no fuel lines anywhere if I can help it.

The cookies are yummy! I'm loving the alignment tool too. :cool: This design would just be impossible (or very difficult) to pull off without it. I've only used EE for a couple of days but I do like what I'm seeing. I'm still a bit reliant on cubic struts but I guess I'll be using them less and less as I get to know the plugin. Even so the part count is around 100 for this vessel which isn't too bad for an SSTO really. :)

PoextMm.jpg

BTW I just about managed to hit my target of 3800m/s but I think in the end the price was too high! I had to get rid of a reaction wheel and one of the 48-7s engines which didn't do the handling or T/W any favours. :( Still I guess 3500m/s isn't bad, and that's with a decent liquid fuel reserve too. :wink:

Cupcake...

Edited by Cupcake...

CRAFT FILE: http://goo.gl/fCDcKn

lodry9F.jpg

Hey Guys,

I doubt I'll have time to make a video of this before 1.0 hits so I've decided to put it out there now for anyone that wants to take it for a spin. :)

CONTROLS:

0 - Activate Air Sync (Use At Startup)

1 - Toggle Turbo Jet

2 - Toggle Rocket Engines

3 - Toggle Nav Light

9 - Toggle Ladder

ABORT - Undock/Detach Drop Tank

IMPORTANT:

LQ Fuel must be transfered manually from drop tank. After leaving the athmosphere select the four outboard tanks then transfer the fuel out from the drop tank.

OXIDISER LEVELS FOR CENTRAL TANK:

Maximum Takeoff Weight - 82

Up To 3600m/s in orbit but not much LF for landing.

Standard - 66

Approx 3550 m/s Delta V in orbit.

High LF (Laythe Missions) - 49.5

Approx 3450m/s Delta V in orbit.

You can follow the same ascent profile as the Sprite, the only difference is I reccomend pitching flat at 25,000m rather then 30,000m. This ship also has one less reaction wheel then the Sprite so the handlings gonna be a wee bit stiffer.

Good luck, and if you've got any questions don't be shy! :)

Cupcake...

Edited by Cupcake...

Actually, I have a song request.

It may be a bit different that what you usually do, but... http://zombo.com/

- - - Updated - - -

Also, I was considering making a highlight reel of your videos so far in honor of your recent... um... hold on... *faint clicking...

In honor of that you just hit 83 videos!

Because this is your footage, I want your permission before doing anything.

Edited by Thunderous Echo

Actually, I have a song request.

It may be a bit different that what you usually do, but... http://zombo.com/

- - - Updated - - -

Also, I was considering making a highlight reel of your videos so far in honor of your recent... um... hold on... *faint clicking...

In honor of that you just hit 83 videos!

Because this is your footage, I want your permission before doing anything.

Thanks for the tumblr link. :) I know that video showed up on facebook but I didn't actually realise SQUAD had a Tumblr account too. As for the video you're more then welcome to play around with any of my footage. :D Not so sure about the Zombo thing, I listened to it for a while and it actually scared me more then Ramstein which is saying something!. :P

Cupcake...

Wow, that was quick! You don't waste time do you? :D

Cupcake...

Upon trying to edit such a work, I found that it could not be done.

The best parts of your videos are the long, drawn-out beauty shots (which I cannot master) and the unexpected incredible stunts (my joysticks don't arrive until June). Montaging your work would destroy this effect.

Maybe I'll animate another one of your videos at some point.

Upon trying to edit such a work, I found that it could not be done.

The best parts of your videos are the long, drawn-out beauty shots (which I cannot master) and the unexpected incredible stunts (my joysticks don't arrive until June). Montaging your work would destroy this effect.

Maybe I'll animate another one of your videos at some point.

No worries man! I appreciate the fact that you tried, I feel very honoured. :D

Cupcake...

I have a really bad feeling that this is gonna wreck havoc for Cupcake... with the new aerodynamics, heating system, and the inability to spam intakes and use jets to get to 2.5km/s+, Cupcake might have to completely think his SSTO's, or ditch them completely and focus on the pure dropships.

Hopefully not ._.

I have a really bad feeling that this is gonna wreck havoc for Cupcake... with the new aerodynamics, heating system, and the inability to spam intakes and use jets to get to 2.5km/s+, Cupcake might have to completely think his SSTO's, or ditch them completely and focus on the pure dropships.

Hopefully not ._.

I have a feeling he'll have a 1.0 approved SSTO real soon. I don't know if it'll have intakes at all, but SSTOing now is just a matter of delta-v, and Cupcake is a master at packing a lot in very little. It's just different now.

Rune. Now, SSTO to other planets? Doubtful, payload ratio on airbreathers is barely above non-airbreathers now, and you need high vacuum TWR figures.

While these things were cool back in .90 and before, i feel they are as good as dead (well might still work in space as landers, but forget SSTO in these things).

I sure hope you dont give up cupkake, given that your dropships at least had uniqueness (even if we both had teh same idea for clipping the MK-1 inline into those fuel tanks like so). Hopefully youll find a way to make them work again, cause i managed to get my old Tri-Fighters up and running, so you should be able to get these to work again (hopefully).

I have a feeling he'll have a 1.0 approved SSTO real soon. I don't know if it'll have intakes at all, but SSTOing now is just a matter of delta-v, and Cupcake is a master at packing a lot in very little. It's just different now.

Rune. Now, SSTO to other planets? Doubtful, payload ratio on airbreathers is barely above non-airbreathers now, and you need high vacuum TWR figures.

here you go, its doable but it sure aint pretty and its about as exploity as you can get (that 1.25m bay has 3 RTGs, 1 probe core, 21 ion fuel tanks, 15 ion engines, and i think some RCS shoved in that small space).

Javascript is disabled. View full album

but it is the 1st SSTO to laythe im even aware of.....

Edited by panzer1b

While these things were cool back in .90 and before, i feel they are as good as dead (well might still work in space as landers, but forget SSTO in these things).

I sure hope you dont give up cupkake, given that your dropships at least had uniqueness (even if we both had teh same idea for clipping the MK-1 inline into those fuel tanks like so). Hopefully youll find a way to make them work again, cause i managed to get my old Tri-Fighters up and running, so you should be able to get these to work again (hopefully).

here you go, its doable but it sure aint pretty and its about as exploity as you can get (that 1.25m bay has 3 RTGs, 1 probe core, 21 ion fuel tanks, 15 ion engines, and i think some RCS shoved in that small space).

http://imgur.com/a/M5MjT

but it is the 1st SSTO to laythe im even aware of.....

Woah, nice!

With the new aero what will become of Cupcake's dropships?

The world is waiting.

-Argon

It's harder not impossible, it "just" requires an aero torque balancing now for high speed.

And at low speed it's just gonna be working exactly like it used to.

Heh guys,

I've only managed to clock up about 20 mins in 1.0. It's gonna take me a bit more time to do a full damage assesment! :P I'll get back to you all once I've had a chance to play around a bit more. Cheers.

Cupcake...

Edited by Cupcake...

Heh guys,

I've only managed to clock up about 20 mins in 1.0. It's gonna take me a bit more time to do a full damage assesment! :P I'll get back to you all once I've had a chance to play around a bit more. Cheers.

Cupcake...

We are waiting, i for one actually used some of your designs, such as the tylo lander version (i dont knwo why but i really have something against having to dump parts of my ships, i pretty much SSTO for everything).

Also, they massively nerfed the 48-7s (and even the 909 has LESS isp now then old 48-7s). the 48-7s is still a good engine, but its nolonger the outright go-to engine for every single lander.

Heh guys,

Cupcake...

It's not a race yolol take your time. :D

• 2 weeks later...
This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.