Cupcake's Dropship Dealership...

[quote name='AJTheMighty']Yeah, two Nervs and actually, I changed my mind - it should at least house 1 Kerbal, like with every one of your dropships ;)[/QUOTE]

Sweet, ok leave it with me, I'll try and have something posted soon. :wink:

Cupcake...

[quote name='AJTheMighty']Yeah, two Nervs and actually, I changed my mind - it should at least house 1 Kerbal, like with every one of your dropships ;)[/QUOTE]

Thought I'd post you a couple of concepts before the forum goes over to the great beyond, hope you like them! :)

[IMG]http://i.imgur.com/8saRa3X.jpg[/IMG]

[IMG]http://i.imgur.com/JcePNVn.jpg[/IMG]

I'm afraid I'm cat sitting for a friend from this weekend, so my dev time is gonna be a bit limited ATM. Sorry.

Cupcake...

On 11/26/2015, 9:42:44, Cupcake... said:

[quote name='AJTheMighty']Yeah, two Nervs and actually, I changed my mind - it should at least house 1 Kerbal, like with every one of your dropships ;)

Thought I'd post you a couple of concepts before the forum goes over to the great beyond, hope you like them! :)

8saRa3X.jpg

JcePNVn.jpg

I'm afraid I'm cat sitting for a friend from this weekend, so my dev time is gonna be a bit limited ATM. Sorry.

Cupcake...

Looks awesome man. I say go with the second model since it looks a lot more cooler and I thinks with all that fuel it could go all the way to Eeloo. But I think you could make those external fuel tanks attached to flat radiators instead of NCS adapters, and maybe add some landing gear hidden inside the external fuel tanks, two internal RTGs and some OX-STAT solar panels distributed throughout the spacecraft for additional power, since it MUST be able go to destinations beyond Dres/Jool and and heres a cool name I thought you could use for it (you can change the name to something cooler if you want):

"Indominus - Deep-Space Dropship"

Edited by AJTheMighty

On 2/12/2015, 1:29:19, AJTheMighty said:

Looks awesome man. I say go with the second model since it looks a lot more cooler and I thinks with all that fuel it could go all the way to Eeloo. But I think you could make those external fuel tanks attached to flat radiators instead of NCS adapters, and maybe add some landing gear hidden inside the external fuel tanks, two internal RTGs and some OX-STAT solar panels distributed throughout the spacecraft for additional power, since it MUST be able go to destinations beyond Dres/Jool and and heres a cool name I thought you could use for it (you can change the name to something cooler if you want):

"Indominus - Deep-Space Dropship"

I'm afraid I'm in a bit of a quandray with these designs. :( The first model has the performance/efficiency I'm going for as it only uses LF tanks, however I'm not sold on the looks. With the second design has the looks but I'm not happy with the performance. :P If it's ok I'd like to hold fire with this project until 1.1 rolls around, my hope is that I'll have more LF tanks to play with and can come up with a design where the performance matches the looks.

On a side note what's happening with the forums? The OP seems to have converted fine but the individual threads (the Cypher for instance) are a mess. Is there a code fairy flying round fixing up the pages or do we have to do it ourselves? :confused:

Cupcake...

I'm afraid I'm in a bit of a quandray with these designs. :( The first model has the performance/efficiency I'm going for as it only uses LF tanks, however I'm not sold on the looks. With the second design has the looks but I'm not happy with the performance. :P If it's ok I'd like to hold fire with this project until 1.1 rolls around, my hope is that I'll have more LF tanks to play with and can come up with a design where the performance matches the looks.

On a side note what's happening with the forums? The OP seems to have converted fine but the individual threads (the Cypher for instance) are a mess. Is there a code fairy flying round fixing up the pages or do we have to do it ourselves? :confused:

Cupcake...

That's okay, just go with the first one, it looks cooler and cuter, and a LOT more nimble. ;) But like I said, add an internal RTG and solar panels as it should STILL be able to go to Eeloo, and here is a cuter name for it - and the same badass title!  ;) 

"Pug - Deep-Space Dropship"

Edited by AJTheMighty

3 minutes ago, AJTheMighty said:

That's okay, just go with the first one, it looks cooler and cuter, and a LOT more nimble. ;) But like I said, add an internal RTG and solar panels as it should STILL be able to go to Eeloo, and here is a cuter name for it - and the same badass title!  ;) 

"Pug - Deep-Space Dropship"

Jolly good, alright I'll be in touch when I've got something for you to test. :wink:

Cupcake...

Jolly good, alright I'll be in touch when I've got something for you to test. :wink:

Cupcake...

Thank you so much for taking my idea Cupcake! :D

So Cupcake, any screenshots of the final design? Any new names yet? Video idea/name???

Remember, its supposed to have solar panels distributed throughout the spacecraft and at least two internal RTGs and an internal radiator panel, and landing gear in those fuel tank things on the side. Also a parachute for return to Kerbin and recovery. But still, it cannot land on atmospheric worlds. ;)

Take your time, okay mate?

Edited by AJTheMighty

On 4/12/2015, 12:53:34, AJTheMighty said:

Thank you so much for taking my idea Cupcake! :D

So Cupcake, any screenshots of the final design? Any new names yet? Video idea/name???

Remember, its supposed to have solar panels distributed throughout the spacecraft and at least two internal RTGs and an internal radiator panel, and landing gear in those fuel tank things on the side. Also a parachute for return to Kerbin and recovery. But still, it cannot land on atmospheric worlds. ;)

Take your time, okay mate?

CRAFT FILE:

https://goo.gl/BY7EmN

Here we are, hope this fits the bill. :wink:

FekdPv8.jpg

With a three stage, droptank stack you've got around 13K of DV to play with which should be more then enough for an Eeloo mission.

2ESO9LE.jpg

Hope you like the design, it'll need a LV built for it but I'm sure you're up to the task.

On5GJJE.jpg

Good luck! :D

Cupcake...

Edited by Cupcake...

[quote name='AJTheMighty']

CRAFT FILE:

https://goo.gl/BY7EmN

Here we are, hope this fits the bill. :wink:

FekdPv8.jpg

With a three stage, droptanks stack you've got around 13K of DV to play with which should be more then enough for an Eeloo mission.

2ESO9LE.jpg

Hope you like the design, it'll need a LV built for it but I'm sure you're up to the task.

On5GJJE.jpg

Good luck! :D

Cupcake...

Looks awesome dude! WAIT...

THE DROPBOX LINK IS BROKEN!!! :(

Fix it quick okay? :)

Edited by AJTheMighty
Dropbox link to download is broken

27 minutes ago, Cupcake... said:

Apologies, should be ok now.

Cupcake...

Oh, it works pretty good, I managed to get one to Jool, and I would have posted a screenshot but I can't because of the new forum software...sorry!

Edited by AJTheMighty

4 hours ago, Heckspress said:

Could you make a kerbin-friendly lander/dropship/VTOL? For training and stuff when you aren't exactly ready or are too lazy for space travel in a craft you don't really know how to fly.

That should be doable. I'll aim to have something up by next weekend. :)

BTW does anyone know how to add Youtube vids using the new forum? :confused:

Cupcake...

Edited by Cupcake...

CRAFT FILE:

https://goo.gl/aKy8IQ

Wow, that actually came together a lot faster then I thought! :P Anyway, allow me to present the Flea!

41fy8ZN.jpg

Powered by two Juno engines the Flea also comes with rocket assist which is great for getting you out of trouble, minimising engine lag from the jets or impressing your mates with your devil may care flying skills! :cool:

NhXeJDB.jpg

Featuring a light, compact, yet robust frame the FLEA is very agile and easy to fly, in short everything you want from a VTOL trainer. Being unmanned ensures you won't wipe out half your crew in er... training incidents. :P

Sy9pcDa.jpg

Flight time is around 40 mins using the jets which give good performance at low altitudes (where the fun stuff usually happens anyway). Enjoy! :)

Cupcake...

Edited by Cupcake...

@Cupcake... Decided on a name for the LV-N deep-space dropship? Any ideas for the video?

SUGGESTION FOR VIDEO OF LV-N DROPSHIP:

In orbit around the Mun, the deep-space dropship docks at at a fueling station, and sets off on a long voyage to a small Kerbal-made outpost on Eeloo, and it drifts past Jool as it heads towards Eeloo. Landing at the outpost on Eeloo, the pilot, goes out and maintains the base for a few minutes and then departs the distant planet, flying back to Kerbin and docking to an orbital station.

Edited by AJTheMighty

1 hour ago, AJTheMighty said:

@Cupcake... Decided on a name for the LV-N deep-space dropship? Any ideas for the video?

SUGGESTION FOR VIDEO OF LV-N DROPSHIP:

In orbit around the Mun, the deep-space dropship docks at at a fueling station, and sets off on a long voyage to a small Kerbal-made outpost on Eeloo, and it drifts past Jool as it heads towards Eeloo. Landing at the outpost on Eeloo, the pilot, goes out and maintains the base for a few minutes and then departs the distant planet, flying back to Kerbin and docking to an orbital station.

Still not sure about the name, I'll give it some thought. Sadly I can't make a video for every craft, I'm not saying I won't for this one but I can't really offer any guarantees ATM. Sorry. :(

Cupcake...

Edited by Cupcake...

@Cupcake... and anyone else having trouble posting content: posting photos and videos isn't nearly as straightforward as the old forums for sure, however...

To post a singular photo, like from photobucket, there is a small gray button in the bottom right corner called "Insert other media".  This is only for photos, not videos.

To post a video, copy the url, paste it into the post editor, push ENTER, and then *wait*. It's wonky, and sometimes it takes a few secs, sometimes it takes a few minutes, but the editor should automatically change it over to an embedded vid window after you push ENTER.

Hope this helps, I struggled with these things initially repairing my own showcase thread this past week.

Edited by Raptor9

I'm probably going to send the Flea to Laythe for my new base.

I'm going to put a Jr Port at the bottom at the center of mass and use it as a mini cargo lifter.

Downloading when I get on my home computer.

9 hours ago, Dafni said:

Thank you for the Flea

No worries. :)

8 hours ago, Raptor9 said:

@Cupcake... and anyone else having trouble posting content: posting photos and videos isn't nearly as straightforward as the old forums for sure, however...

To post a singular photo, like from photobucket, there is a small gray button in the bottom right corner called "Insert other media".  This is only for photos, not videos.

To post a video, copy the url, paste it into the post editor, push ENTER, and then *wait*. It's wonky, and sometimes it takes a few secs, sometimes it takes a few minutes, but the editor should automatically change it over to an embedded vid window after you push ENTER.

Hope this helps, I struggled with these things initially repairing my own showcase thread this past week.

Thanks for the advice. I tried waiting but I just can't seem to get the video of the Cypher working on the craft's page. :(

4 hours ago, DMSP said:

I'm probably going to send the Flea to Laythe for my new base.

I'm going to put a Jr Port at the bottom at the center of mass and use it as a mini cargo lifter.

Downloading when I get on my home computer.

I don't know if you'll be able to carry a great deal with it (I've used haridryers that put out more thrust then a Juno) but I'm curious to know how you get on. :wink:

Cupcake...

Hi you all I'm Planetfall (my original account isn't working:(),

I had replied awhile ago saying I'd made a drop-ship, but I never posted pics... and then I decided to one up myself and made my first youtube video! I hope you all like it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1xvWHafrjD0&edit=vd

Edited by Planetfall #2
fixed the vid

1 hour ago, Planetfall #2 said:

Hi you all I'm Planetfall (my original account isn't working:(),

I had replied awhile ago saying I'd made a drop-ship, but I never posted pics... and then I decided to one up myself and made my first youtube video! I hope you all like it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1xvWHafrjD0&edit=vd

Very nice! :cool: I love the soundtrack too, very regal. :wink:

Cupcake...

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.