Cupcake's Dropship Dealership...

Obviously strongly inspired by Sir Cupcake. Posting this elsewhere would feel like a rip-off, like plagiarism. I call this one the Crusader, did it for a little challenge here, the Munar Crusade.

KV1Skjh.jpg

Edited by Dafni

2 hours ago, Dafni said:

Obviously strongly inspired by Sir Cupcake. Posting this elsewhere would feel like a rip-off, like plagiarism. I call this one the Crusader, did it for a little challenge here, the Munar Crusade.

Nice work! I like what you've done with the small nose light too. :D

Cupcake...

Edited by Cupcake...

Another mockery in the face of the original. Its basically a boiled down PuffPuff, no structural parts at all.

I´m pretty happy with it, almost perfectly balanced right now, just the RCS is giving me a hard time to get perfect.

ZiXuPd4.jpg

sbecqX5.jpg

12 hours ago, Dafni said:

Another mockery in the face of the original. Its basically a boiled down PuffPuff, no structural parts at all.

I´m pretty happy with it, almost perfectly balanced right now, just the RCS is giving me a hard time to get perfect.

Wow, you must be getting a lot of DV out of it! :D Just looking at it now I think you may run into balance issues as the fuel drains as the main tank isn't aligned with the smaller outrigger tanks. :P

Cupcake...

You are right, of course. It becomes a problem towards the end of the fuel. This was just the best design I could come up with that doesn't look completely silly and maintains a "balance" for as long as possible. The smaller tank at the back was initially meant for transferring fuel around, but it's hard to see the COM in mid flight. Too much hassle to bother really.

All the symmetrical designs I did looked somehow wrong with the command seat etc

Now that I look at it again I am thinking maybe re-center the outrigger tanks, replace the reaction wheel with a small tank and put the seat on that. Balance it with the reaction wheel clipped away somewhere.

Like I said, a mockery at best, but I'm working on those design skills and those little PuffPuff imitations taught me a lot about dropship characteristics already.

1 hour ago, Ogcorp CEO said:

I made the Cypher into a fighter, the Cypher 2 high performance fighter, it took about 20 seconds

Pic on link:

http://imgur.com/UL5CppT

DL :https://www./folder/6o27ck3ahvi8c/KSP_ships

Two missiles? I think the old girl can do better then that! :wink: If you'd like I can set you up with a 10 round missile stack as seen here:

I've got a new version of the missiles which works using the BD Armoury Tageting Pod too. :)

Cupcake...

Edited by Cupcake...

13 hours ago, Cupcake... said:

ditTwo missiles? I think the old girl can do better then that! :wink: If you'd like I can set you up with a 10 round missile stack as seen here:

I've got a new version of the missiles which works using the BD Armoury Tageting Pod too. :)

Cupcake...

Had a slight stability problem with the fighter, easy fix, Turn on SAS and add more batteries and 2 extra SAS Gyros. the missiles can be replaces with torpedoes or loadable missiles(or just take off the nosecone and stack). but a stack would be nice, so hook me up ;)

Edited by Ogcorp CEO

4 hours ago, Ogcorp CEO said:

Had a slight stability problem with the fighter, easy fix, Turn on SAS and add more batteries and 2 extra SAS Gyros. the missiles can be replaces with torpedoes or loadable missiles(or just take off the nosecone and stack). but a stack would be nice, so hook me up ;)

Yeah, the balance is pretty finely tuned on that design so it doesn't take much to throw it out. Anything mounted to the center cargo port will be fine (provided it's symetrical/balanced) but other additions can throw the balance out quite dramatically! Anyway, I'll aim to have the stacks ready this weekend. Happy hunting! :wink:

Cupcake...

Some more "replicas" :P ... or a homage even. that design layout is a classic and should never die, right?

pXVyq81.jpg

I call them PanCake 1 and 2 , somehow I like the one with one center tank a bit better.

BEehhA3.jpg

all that is missing now are the dop docking ports for the control option and maybe an additional RCS tank each.

those aerospikes are nice for some KSC flying, but I´m sure for vacuum flying there are better options.

cheers

-Daf

Edited by Dafni

11 hours ago, Dafni said:

Some more "replicas" :P ... or a homage even. that design layout is a classic and should never die, right?

I call them PanCake 1 and 2 , somehow I like the one with one center tank a bit better.

all that is missing now are the dop docking ports for the control option and maybe an additional RCS tank each.

those aerospikes are nice for some KSC flying, but I´m sure for vacuum flying there are better options.

cheers

-Daf

Yeah, maybe I should back the old layout. :P I agree that the center tank edition certainly is the looker of the two. :)  Personally I quite like the aerospike, its a great "all rounder" that can pretty much hold its own in a vacuum.

Cupcake...

Edited by Cupcake...

On 29/12/2015 at 6:16 AM, Ogcorp CEO said:

I just remembered I've actually built a (kind of unrealeased) combat VTOL which is custom made for blowing things up!
Fury Combat VTOL

You can also save the missile stacks from it and add it to the Cypher if needbe. :)

All the best.

Cupcake...

4 hours ago, Cupcake... said:

I just remembered I've actually built a (kind of unrealeased) combat VTOL which is custom made for blowing things up!
Fury Combat VTOL

You can also save the missile stacks from it and add it to the Cypher if needbe. :)

All the best.

Cupcake...

HAPPY NEW YEAR. thanks for the vtol, my Birthday is new years day, so thanks for the present ;)

On 12/30/2015 at 11:28 PM, Cupcake... said:

Yeah, maybe I should back the old layout. :P I agree that the center tank edition certainly is the looker of the two. :)  Personally I quite like the aerospike, its a great "all rounder" that can pretty much hold its own in a vacuum.

Cupcake...

also, I use areospikes, i did on my latest video  of KSP, Isprit returns or something. The Isprit 10 was in it, and is on my mediafire.

1 hour ago, 123nick said:

ever though of building something big, gigantic , unprecise, unmanueverable, sluggish, over-engineered, and general just the opposite of what you usually build :P ? i 

I do. But then I wake up and realise it was all a bad dream. :wink:

Cupcake...

On 4/01/2016 at 6:50 AM, Dafni said:

My first time in this neighborhood :cool:

BTW, the link to the retired ships seems to be broken

Vewy pwetty! I love the mood lighting. :) Oh, and the link should be working now.

Cupcake...

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.