Cupcake's Dropship Dealership...

14 minutes ago, Majorjim! said:

If memory serves, you have done a speaking video before. You had an excellent speaking voice dude, and it was a pleasure to watch so if you feel unsure, don't be!

+1 on this!  "Cupcake's VTOL Masterclass Part 1 -3" ...they were awesome and very helpful, I must have watched them a dozen times, easily.

https://www.youtube.com/results?search_query=Cupcake's+VTOL+Masterclass

obviously a few things mentioned in them are now outdated, but it's still a well of inspiration.

On 11/18/2016 at 10:28 PM, Heckspress said:

Happy first post!

Thanks! I actually have been a visitor on the forums since 0.20 came out, but I did not join then because I did not have KSP.:P

Edited by Hast5250

On 11/18/2016 at 10:09 PM, Cupcake... said:

Welcome aboard! :) I guess the main piece of advice I can give you is to make sure every part has a purpose and absolutely needs to be there. Ideally you'll get the same part doing multiple jobs if that makes sense? Also I can try and give you some tips to raise your FPS if it'll help?

Cupcake...

That would be greatly appreciated. I am also so happy that an expert like you would be kind enough as to help a noob like me.:)

Sorry for the double post. :P

Edited by Hast5250

15 hours ago, Hast5250 said:

That would be greatly appreciated. I am also so happy that an expert like you would be kind enough as to help a noob like me.:)

Sorry for the double post. :P

Oh and get a joystick, forgot to mention that one! :D Anyway, performance wise try and keep the part count down as low as possible and avoid operating lots of ships close to each other where possible! I use Game Booster 3 when I make KSP vids which does seem to help lift the FPS somewhat. If you do want to launch your 1000t monstrosity into orbit I recommend downloading Time Control which will let you slow the physics engine down enough to get usable FPS. Hope this helps!

18 hours ago, Dafni said:

+1 on this!  "Cupcake's VTOL Masterclass Part 1 -3" ...they were awesome and very helpful, I must have watched them a dozen times, easily.

https://www.youtube.com/results?search_query=Cupcake's+VTOL+Masterclass

obviously a few things mentioned in them are now outdated, but it's still a well of inspiration.

It does seem like KSP development has become a lot more stable which means in the end I won't need to keep updating or perhaps even coming up with so many new designs. If things remain that way for the next release or so I'll get working on a tutorial series which focuses on each design, how's it's built and how to best use it. :wink:

Cupcake...

13 hours ago, Cupcake... said:

Oh and get a joystick, forgot to mention that one! :D Anyway, performance wise try and keep the part count down as low as possible and avoid operating lots of ships close to each other where possible! I use Game Booster 3 when I make KSP vids which does seem to help lift the FPS somewhat. If you do want to launch your 1000t monstrosity into orbit I recommend downloading Time Control which will let you slow the physics engine down enough to get usable FPS. Hope this helps!

It does seem like KSP development has become a lot more stable which means in the end I won't need to keep updating or perhaps even coming up with so many new designs. If things remain that way for the next release or so I'll get working on a tutorial series which focuses on each design, how's it's built and how to best use it. :wink:

Cupcake...

Okay! thanks! I actually managed to land a Tui on the VAB, without a joystick. It was pretty hard, but I somehow managed!

E: I now know how useful the rocket assist is!

Sorry, it is a kind of noobish thing, but how do you use rep, or reputation, or whatever it's called?

Edited by Hast5250

18 hours ago, Hast5250 said:

Okay! thanks! I actually managed to land a Tui on the VAB, without a joystick. It was pretty hard, but I somehow managed!

E: I now know how useful the rocket assist is!

Sorry, it is a kind of noobish thing, but how do you use rep, or reputation, or whatever it's called?

I don't think there's much you can do with rep, as far as I know you can't trade it in for candy or anything like that. :(

Cupcake...

Edited by Cupcake...

Hey Cupcake!

I happened to browse some of your older videos on youtube while commuting today. I wanted to watch your Grand Tour playlist, but for some reason only videos 1 and 3 are available in the Youtube App (Android), the other three videos say "content is blocked on this device" :confused:. I just checked on the web and here I can watch all 5 just fine...

I have never uploaded a video to youtube myself, so I don't really know about this stuff, but maybe there is some setting to configure the availability of videos? Or maybe it is just youtube being weird and you can't do much about it. Anyway, just wanted to let you know.

Hey, cupcake, I challenge you to make a tiny probe in your characteristic vtol style, maybe some kind of trainer drone. I think I speak for a bunch of people when I say that it would be cool if you would make a bunch of tiny, yet beautiful drones. You could also make a dropship that can deliver them somewhere. 

On 11/24/2016 at 11:06 PM, Aerospike said:

Hey Cupcake!

I happened to browse some of your older videos on youtube while commuting today. I wanted to watch your Grand Tour playlist, but for some reason only videos 1 and 3 are available in the Youtube App (Android), the other three videos say "content is blocked on this device" :confused:. I just checked on the web and here I can watch all 5 just fine...

I have never uploaded a video to youtube myself, so I don't really know about this stuff, but maybe there is some setting to configure the availability of videos? Or maybe it is just youtube being weird and you can't do much about it. Anyway, just wanted to let you know.

It just depends on the rights holders, they can specify if the song gets played on PC or mobile devices. :P Thanks for letting me know though. :)

7 hours ago, Hast5250 said:

Hey, cupcake, I challenge you to make a tiny probe in your characteristic vtol style, maybe some kind of trainer drone. I think I speak for a bunch of people when I say that it would be cool if you would make a bunch of tiny, yet beautiful drones. You could also make a dropship that can deliver them somewhere. 

Could be kind of fun, tell me is this for atmospheric use or off world?

2 minutes ago, Heckspress said:

hooray! my t.flight hotas 4 just arrived, now  i can experience true cupcakery!

Congratulations! Now come on, lets see some pics of this magnificence! :D

Cupcake...

14 minutes ago, Cupcake... said:

Could be kind of fun, tell me is this for atmospheric use or off world?

Cupcake...

Make a lf/o version for duna, dres, ect,  a monoprop version for moons, and one with a juno for laythe.

E: make an ion version too maybe?

Edited by Hast5250

8 minutes ago, Heckspress said:

gs473jc.jpg

messing about on the mountain range near KSC, quite fun.

Q023MpK.jpg

and my setup that frankly belongs in an asylum

You've managed to make my room look tidy, good job! :D Sticks looking great, It'll take a bit of practice but once you get a feel for it you'll never want to fly with a keyboard again. 

6 hours ago, Hast5250 said:

Make a lf/o version for duna, dres, ect,  a monoprop version for moons, and one with a juno for laythe.

E: make an ion version too maybe?

I'll look into it. :wink:

Cupcake...

3 hours ago, Heckspress said:

Shrimp Redux?

also if it's ok if i request something, i'd like a large, high speed atmo cargo dropship.

I don't usually build that big but I'll have a play around, I can't promise anything at this stage though. :wink:

Cupcake...

On 25.11.2016 at 10:20 PM, Cupcake... said:

It just depends on the rights holders, they can specify if the song gets played on PC or mobile devices. :P Thanks for letting me know though. :)

I knew about a lot of the "fun" DRM stuff like blocking content in certain areas depending on who owns the distribution rights, but that the media industry is so strange that they even block it based on the device that is used to consume the content is just :confused: ... mindbogglingly silly.

Thanks for letting me know!

Edit: The owl looks like another fantastic craft! :)

Edited by Aerospike

On 11/26/2016 at 2:54 AM, Hast5250 said:

OemyrtF.jpg

Is this the sort of thing you're after?

2GOmPmt.jpg

Or did you want something smaller? :wink:

Cupcake...

7 hours ago, Cupcake... said:

OemyrtF.jpg

Is this the sort of thing you're after?

2GOmPmt.jpg

Or did you want something smaller? :wink:

Cupcake...

maybe something smaller, or at least sleeker, it's cute though!

What is it powered by? I guess the juno would provide some power, but not enough to power all the lights and the probe core, right?

it looks kind of like Todo 360 from star wars clone wars.

On 11/26/2016 at 7:26 PM, Cupcake... said:

Coming real soon... :wink:

NjmcasM.jpg

guXm0ux.jpg

Full album: :wink:

http://imgur.com/a/kPYfK

Cupcake...

AWESOME!!! If you made a smaller unmanned version, that would be like the probe I was thinking about.

Edited by Hast5250

18 hours ago, Dafni said:

Cute! And dang that weird control perspective of that probe core, right? (I spy the docking port for control, but would still be nice to have one less part)

It is kind of weird, it really should be horizontal, and even in the vertical configuration it seems to be the wrong way up. :rolleyes:

11 hours ago, Hast5250 said:

maybe something smaller, or at least sleeker, it's cute though!

What is it powered by? I guess the juno would provide some power, but not enough to power all the lights and the probe core, right?

it looks kind of like Todo 360 from star wars clone wars.

AWESOME!!! If you made a smaller unmanned version, that would be like the probe I was thinking about.

Is this more what you had in mind?

zDrQ4tq.jpg

m3lpUfL.jpg

4hfAlKi.jpg

If so, let me know and I'll add the craft to the Owl's D/L folder. :wink:

Cupcake...

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.