Cupcake's Dropship Dealership...

Okay, it took a lot of clip-fu but this is about as small as I can possibly get it!

qOZnDu5.jpg

As you can see it's very compact indeed, yet still exceeds the Owl in terms of performance.

WAzKqZZ.jpg

You don't really need to deploy the panels to land on Minmus but this is what it looks like all the same.

tep0jtW.jpg

You can transport them with ease using Mk2 cargo bays.

UGVV3hZ.jpg

Or you can use Mk3 bays to enslave entire worlds.

AFDAkZT.jpg

I for one welcome our new robot overlords.  :science:

Cupcake...

31 minutes ago, Cupcake... said:

Okay, it took a lot of clip-fu but this is about as small as I can possibly get it!

qOZnDu5.jpg

Cupcake...

Awesome! Please put up a download for these robot overlords! And while you're at it please include those drone owls too, I liked that one a lot too.

Thanks

Daf

Wow, those are awesome! :cool:

Oh and I don't know how you do it, but somehow you always manage to make clipped parts look like realistic clever/complex engineering! Of course you achieve densities and therefore compactness in your vehicles that were not intended in a stock game, but still your crafts never look like cheating! :)

15 hours ago, Cupcake... said:

It is kind of weird, it really should be horizontal, and even in the vertical configuration it seems to be the wrong way up. :rolleyes:

Is this more what you had in mind?

zDrQ4tq.jpg

m3lpUfL.jpg

4hfAlKi.jpg

If so, let me know and I'll add the craft to the Owl's D/L folder. :wink:

Cupcake...

That's adorable! If you could make something like that with monoprop or lf/o I would be very thankful.

Maybe you could give them their own spot on the OP.

Edited by Hast5250

12 hours ago, Dafni said:

Awesome! Please put up a download for these robot overlords! And while you're at it please include those drone owls too, I liked that one a lot too.

Thanks

Daf

I've just got to tweak the balance, I'll try and get them posted tonight. :wink:

8 hours ago, Hast5250 said:

That's adorable! If you could make something like that with monoprop or lf/o I would be very thankful.

Maybe you could give them their own spot on the OP.

I don't think I can make something the same scale using lf/mono as the parts are much larger then ion ones. :(

Cupcake...

Edited by Cupcake...

12 hours ago, Cupcake... said:

It is indeed cute, but if your gunna clip the hell out of it it could definitely be smaller. :D

I was instantly reminded of my micro Apollo craft I made a year ago! Now that was clipped small. :confused:

Nice work dude!

16 hours ago, Cupcake... said:

I've just got to tweak the balance, I'll try and get them posted tonight. :wink:

I don't think I can make something the same scale using lf/mono as the parts are much larger then ion ones. :(

Cupcake...

I know, but something similar would be awesome.

(you would not need to make it as small, just something similar.) 

you could use ant engines and those "donut" tanks.

15 hours ago, Cupcake... said:

Trainings over cadet, it's time to take the cosmos in the Vortex SSTO:cool:

It is indeed. :) 

Cupcake...

AWESOME!!

When can we expect this little gem to be released?

And, is there going to be a little dropship under the Kristmas tree this year? :wink:

(I meant to write Kristmas, it's kerbalized spelling.)

7 hours ago, Hast5250 said:

AWESOME!!

When can we expect this little gem to be released?

And, is there going to be a little dropship under the Kristmas tree this year? :wink:

(I meant to write Kristmas, it's kerbalized spelling.)

The craft file is ready, I'm just working on the support vehicles. I'll try and get a pre-release version up tonight. :) No new dropship designs in the pipeline atm but that could always change. :wink: 

7 hours ago, SHiftER2O said:

Any chance you can make a portable 4-seated high speed dropship? 

Afraid I've got too much on my plate at the moment and will have to put requests on hold for now. Sorry. :( 

6 hours ago, Dafni said:

Still...

5PR85lA.jpg

Rebuilt my old favorites in 1.2.1

a tribute to Cupcake and KSP 0.9

Those were the days. :D 

Cupcake...

Sorry I couldn't post the craft file tonight it still needs a bit more testing and I haven't had time to write up a manual yet. :( I'll aim to release the craft file this Sunday and a video of the plane in action around xmas day. :wink: All told however it's shaping up very nicely indeed, putting out fantastic performance while still retaining the sweet handling qualities of its predecessors.

KQZlaVV.jpg

The standard drop tanks will give you over 2.5k of Delta V which is enough to handle Mun missions or even go interplanetary! Even without using the drop tanks you can still get 2.1k in LKO which is plenty for Minmus missions.

yoaLjOC.jpg

The Vortex uses the light weight heat-shielding used on my previous SSTO for fantastic thermal performance. :wink:

g0WGBMY.jpg

Here are the bones of the design, I've pushed back the NCS adapters to get the looks I'm after but I would argue they should really hold a lot more fuel for their size, especially compared to the MK0 tanks. :P

KyC3aRa.jpg

Night all! :wink:

Cupcake...

XISmy0k.jpg

1 minute ago, Cupcake... said:

Sorry I couldn't post the craft file tonight it still needs a bit more testing and I haven't had time to write up a manual yet. :(

Ahh, dont apopogize man, take your time. Craft looks great, and thanks for sharing that pic of its skeleton.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.