Cupcake's Dropship Dealership...

1 hour ago, Majorjim! said:

Hmm.. Cupcake you naughty boy. 

:D

that's an awful lot of fuel clipped in fuel. 

I like to think of it as higher octane. :blush: Still out of sight, out of mind, or however the saying goes...

Cupcake...

Edited by Cupcake...

1 hour ago, Cupcake... said:

I like to think of it as higher octane. :blush: Still out of sight, out of mind, or however the saying goes...

Cupcake...

Cheeky so and so. 

I think it's time I made another SSTO. Seeing yours in orbit gives me that itch again. ;-)

7 hours ago, Cupcake... said:

Now that I would like to see. :)

Cupcake...

Well I've posted one before, nearly two years ago now with a tiny mun ion lander in the cargo bay, the eagle:

So it's about time for another! 

I'm not a big fan of SSTOs these days though.. A few examples aside they are mostly the same these days and I rarely see any that are truly creative in their design. It's a shame. 

Edited by Majorjim!

9 minutes ago, Majorjim! said:

Well I've posted one before, nearly two years ago now with a tiny mun ion lander in the cargo bay, the eagle:

So it's about time for another! 

I'm not a big fan of SSTOs these days though.. A few examples aside they are mostly the same these days and I rarely see any that are truly creative in their design. It's a shame. 

I remember that one! :D I know what you mean about SSTOs, I think the lack of parts doesn't help and rocket parts in particular are in desperate need of a re-fresh. :P

Cupcake...

Edited by Cupcake...

1 hour ago, Cupcake... said:

I remember that one! :D I know what you mean about SSTOs, I think the lack of parts doesn't help and rocket parts in particular are in desperate need of a re-fresh. :P

Cupcake...

Agreed. I don't want to step on any toes here but the pursuit of efficiency I think stunts creativity. Sure there is wiggle room for creativity with efficiency I just don't count things like, oh I placed the wings backwards as being creative.. That and the aero changes to drag made more complex SSTOs a bit trickier to make it has killed the more creative designs. My eagle above as example or more so, over floaters awesome interplanetary SSTOs. 

Edited by Majorjim!

14 hours ago, Majorjim! said:

Agreed. I don't want to step on any toes here but the pursuit of efficiency I think stunts creativity. Sure there is wiggle room for creativity with efficiency I just don't count things like, oh I placed the wings backwards as being creative.. That and the aero changes to drag made more complex SSTOs a bit trickier to make it has killed the more creative designs. My eagle above as example or more so, over floaters awesome interplanetary SSTOs. 

True, saying that I do like the new aero model, it's such a big improvement over the old one, even if it did kill my SSTO dropships. :P

Cupcake...

I've been putting together a few support vehicles for the Vortex and plan on updating the Squall and Storm so they can make use of the same infrastructure.

bRezPP1.jpg

As well as looking cute it also has a fantastic turning circle. :wink:

b6byIsN.jpg

Coming soon. :)

Cupcake...

Heh folks,

I've done a wee upgrade to my aircraft fleet to allow them to use the same infrastructure as the Vortex. The Squall and all versions of the Storm have been re-balanced and now have their docking ports at the top of the craft. The landing gear has also been moved back and in to better match the aesthetics of the Vortex. :wink:

BYZQuzR.jpg

Speaking of which there's a new LF only version fresh out the paddock which will let you circumnavigate Kerbin (twice) at a rather brisk Mach 5+!

jXIYcfX.jpg

This lunatic machine can fly over 1900m/s at sea level (not recommended) so go easy on the gas or climb fast unless you want an in flight cremation! :P

In less positive news I'm having to ditch the drop tanks on the Vortex for now as staging them knocks the engine out of alignment for some strange reason. I'll re-attach the tanks as soon as I can diagnose the issue. As you were. :)

Cupcake...

Edited by Cupcake...

Heh all,

The imaginatively named Air Support Truck has been added to the download folders of the Squall, Storm and Vortex. :)

3KfbCQZ.jpg

The vehicle features both forward and aft control points to make attachment that little bit easier.

KmV0Gw1.jpg

As you've probably figured out the front port will allow you to fuel up at your local gas station/refinery. :wink:

mYnFnej.jpg

I should point out that being the longest aircraft in the fleet the Vortex has to be towed tail first, however for the Squall and Storm this isn't really an issue. Enjoy! :D

Cupcake...

Edited by Cupcake...

This is the er... Well, I haven't named it yet, but it's a light weight, short range transport/rescue dropship.

xJMVU8G.jpg

It's due to replace the Gnat in service and trades some range for vastly improved handling and an air-frame approximately half the size of the original.

X2019Dk.jpg

Like all my airborne dropships this one features rocket assist, for emergency power or precision maneuvers.

1G57ayr.jpg

The design can comfortably seat two Kerbals and will put out 20-30 mins of flight time dependent on altitude, throttle etc...

pFKOvo4.jpg

Coming soon! 

jZnx8Ky.jpg

So, any ideas for a name? :)

Cupcake...

Interesting craft :)

You have the Ion, so why not Atom? (or any subatomic particle... Neutron, Proton, Muon etc)

But it replaces the Gnat, so Mosquito, Midge, Punkie or maybe even Tick, like Heckspress suggested??

Then again it looks like some kind of Arrowhead, but that name would fit a big craft better somehow.

Either way, nice craft so far.

Cheers

Daf

I've been experimenting with compact, low drag designs powered by a lowly Juno engine. :wink:

cIISI1h.jpg

I was certainly not expecting to get close to Mach 2 out of it! 600 m/s is the sort of speed I'd expect from a Panther powered aircraft! :)

kADumYU.jpg

Range isn't bad either, at cruising altitude you can get well over an hours flight time from only 100 units of LF.

o79vxJ0.jpg

Coming soon! :D

Cupcake...

Heh folks,

I've done a wee visual update to my aircraft fleet which now benefit from a more compact and stylish front wing assembly.

Htgw9mg.jpg

All versions of the Vortex, Storm and Squall have been upgraded for your aeronautical pleasure. :)

UsDMAo0.jpg

I promise I'll stop tweaking now! :P

Cupcake...

Edited by Cupcake...

• 2 weeks later...

I'm here to report the Storm is one powerful trainer craft, handles lovely and has power (and range) to spare. I think I outgrew the Squall a bit now, but the Storm is another story entirely. Great trainer craft, capable of the craziest maneuvers... (once you disable g-force blackouts :wink:)

(I haven't upgraded your aircraft with that latest tweak in my hangar yet, still flying the previous versions)

cheers

Daf

25 minutes ago, Dafni said:

I'm here to report the Storm is one powerful trainer craft, handles lovely and has power (and range) to spare. I think I outgrew the Squall a bit now, but the Storm is another story entirely. Great trainer craft, capable of the craziest maneuvers... (once you disable g-force blackouts :wink:)

(I haven't upgraded your aircraft with that latest tweak in my hangar yet, still flying the previous versions)

cheers

Daf

Funnily enough I'm just working on a tutorial vid about the Storm, if the gods smile favorably it should be live tomorrow. :wink:

Cupcake...

• 2 weeks later...
This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.