Importing animations from Blender to Unity?

• 1 year later...

Has anyone tried this recently? When I import a model (solar panels) into Unity, the animation plays under the inspector tab. However if I leave the "Rig" type to Generic, KSP doesn't recognize an animation. If I switch the "Rig" type to Legacy, as I have before with models, the animation doesn't play at all - like it's been erased.

Here is my workflow. Works fine for me, even for armature+bones based anims.

Blender: Export to FBX. Under Version, select "FBX 7.4 binary". Under "Main" enable "Selected Objects" and "!EXPERIMENTAL! Apply Transform". Under "Animation" enable "Baked Animation" and disable the Rest.

Unity: Select the Model. Under "Rig" select Animation Type "Legacy" and "Store in Root (New)". Under "Animations" rename the default clip to something useful and if you need to (on models that have more than one animation you usually store these in one big timeline in blender and separate them by the start/end frames in unity) add more clips and apply the start and end frames of these accordingly.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.