How to find the "magic boulder" ?

Can someone tell me how to find the "magic boulder" ? I have been searching for days now. Do i need special graphic settings to see the flickering dot ? Is there a helpful mod etc? I hope you can give me some advices:-P

Well, it's not easy. But that just makes it much more rewarding when you do find it.

I assume you have landed at one of the poles on Ike.

Ok, so, don't bother looking straight up. Magic Boulder is in a polar orbit, but still inclined. Basically, you zoom out from your craft, and swivel around. ... then be patient and observe, and use low-level time warp. Not sure there is much else that can help. I also recommend using quicksave a lot, and you probably want to at least know it's altitude as well (before the chase), but that is up to you.

I hope you keep at it. Visiting this easter egg is one of the most challenging experiences in the game.

8388827901_a54031ecae_c.jpg

It's in a polar orbit around Ike at about 10-15km altitude as I recall, there's not much more to it than that. Land on a high point near one of the poles and watch the sky in 10x acceleration. It will look like a little speck of light moving along. You don't want to spend much time looking straight up, since it will spend relatively little, if any, of its orbit directly above you, but you can watch a fair section of sky by picking a horizon and simply staring southward and up at about 45 degrees. It's incredibly boring to do this, but sooner or later you should see it.

Does somebody have got more information ? :confused:

I have got this: 15km orbit, inclination 80°

I got a ship in this orbit and landed another on the northpole but the ship has passed by several times now and noo flickering ;.;

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.