Where is the Dynamic warp mod?

lolmama

• 4 weeks later...
He is active on reddit, but he seems to have given up on KSP...

Sorry for the bump, but his EdTools & Subassembly Saver / Loader are also sorely missed (yes the latter has a patch, but it's a stop-gap and still has some issues.)

This is bad. The Dynamic Warp mod was ESSENTIAL to the filming of Kinetic Freefall. Without this all my shots are going to be shaky 20 FPS post-production nightmares, and the timing for things like sunrises, and the accuracy of missile launches will be absolutely screwed up. Can anyone throw together an update? I'm sure he provided open source for the mod, he did for EdTools and Subassembly Loader.

For anyone who doesn't know what I'm talking about it's a little thing me and a few other people did on the fan works forums. http://forum.kerbalspaceprogram.com/showthread.php/25463-Kinetic-Freefall-Ep-1-Space-Warfare-Evolved

I don't think I can get a third episode done, those shots will partially be in atmosphere, and I'm not releasing 10 FPS footage.

• 2 weeks later...
This is bad. The Dynamic Warp mod was ESSENTIAL to the filming of Kinetic Freefall. Without this all my shots are going to be shaky 20 FPS post-production nightmares, and the timing for things like sunrises, and the accuracy of missile launches will be absolutely screwed up. Can anyone throw together an update? I'm sure he provided open source for the mod, he did for EdTools and Subassembly Loader.

For anyone who doesn't know what I'm talking about it's a little thing me and a few other people did on the fan works forums. http://forum.kerbalspaceprogram.com/showthread.php/25463-Kinetic-Freefall-Ep-1-Space-Warfare-Evolved

I don't think I can get a third episode done, those shots will partially be in atmosphere, and I'm not releasing 10 FPS footage.

Here ya go. :)

It will provide an invisible part under the utilities tab in the VAB/SPH. Attach that somewhere on the ships you wish to be able to 'DynamicWarp' with.

I have not used this mod before so I don't know how it was originally. I tidied up the code (no functional changes, just micro-optimization on a couple of lines) and made a new part and config to match for 0.20.

Don't do what I did and while on the launch pad/runway, put time acceleration to max (100,000x) then DW it up to the max as well. May cause a seizure o.O.

Here ya go. :)

It will provide an invisible part under the utilities tab in the VAB/SPH. Attach that somewhere on the ships you wish to be able to 'DynamicWarp' with.

I have not used this mod before so I don't know how it was originally. I tidied up the code (no functional changes, just micro-optimization on a couple of lines) and made a new part and config to match for 0.20.

Don't do what I did and while on the launch pad/runway, put time acceleration to max (100,000x) then DW it up to the max as well. May cause a seizure o.O.

Thanks, I'll check this out!

The old version had a dummy part also, but it didn't require attachment. There is a way to apply the effects globally somehow, because there are a few other mods out there that do this (KLF and Romfarer's Lazor mod for instance) but I have no idea how myself, I don't make my own mods hah.

Maybe you should take a look at the EdTools mod too. :) It semi-works, as in it expands the size of the VAB and gives you symmetry options higher than 8x, but things like toggling attachment modes, mirrored vs symmetry, etc. don't work anymore unfortunately.

Thanks, I'll check this out!

The old version had a dummy part also, but it didn't require attachment. There is a way to apply the effects globally somehow, because there are a few other mods out there that do this (KLF and Romfarer's Lazor mod for instance) but I have no idea how myself, I don't make my own mods hah.

Maybe you should take a look at the EdTools mod too. :) It semi-works, as in it expands the size of the VAB and gives you symmetry options higher than 8x, but things like toggling attachment modes, mirrored vs symmetry, etc. don't work anymore unfortunately.

Ah, that would make sense. Alright I'll figure it out and fix it up. :)

It seems like someone is already working with the EdTools mod. I did read a couple of posts on the thread and it seems like there are some bugs, I might have a look later and suggest some fixes.

I think I fixed it up. I just reused the old part.cfg file (and the old model file just in case) added the PART { } lines to it, dropped it into the folder, and it works on all ships now.

PART {
module = Part
category = 7
MODULE{ name = DynamicWarpDummyPart }
}

I think I fixed it up. I just reused the old part.cfg file (and the old model file just in case) added the PART { } lines to it, dropped it into the folder, and it works on all ships now.

PART {
module = Part
category = 7
MODULE{ name = DynamicWarpDummyPart }
}

Cool. :)

Well, regardless I've updated the plugin so you do not need the dummy part.

Same link.

There are a few things in the original code I would change now that I've had a look through KSP's Assembly-CSharp classes.

But never-the-less, the plugin works as it is. :)

DynamicWarp (partless)

• 3 months later...

The max physics delta time slider can somewhat duplicate the function of dynamic warp. It will slow the game down in real time giving more time for frames to be rendered. Move the slider all the way to the right (.03) and you will notice that when the game bottlenecks due to a high number of physics calculations or simply from trying to render oceans, gameplay will slow dramatically but framerates will remain reasonable. This does not replace dynamic warp as a tool for video editing however, and I hope someone will pick this mod up in the future, or make a replacement. If I could find a little time to learn modding, I would take it on myself.

I wasn't getting the popup for Lazor Systems at all and couldn't use or operate any laser (Anything from Rom's mods it seemed). Dynamic Warp worked wonderfully though, and I'd love to get it back, but the lasers are proving very useful atm.

I wasn't getting the popup for Lazor Systems at all and couldn't use or operate any laser (Anything from Rom's mods it seemed). Dynamic Warp worked wonderfully though, and I'd love to get it back, but the lasers are proving very useful atm.

Are you using the unofficial fixed version? Mine still works with Lazor.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.