[WIP] FLEXrack - Portable Payload Racks

nothke

It is official FLEX Rack is saved

nothke has abandoned FLEXracks.

Since the Warehouse module was built around a potential FLEXracks implementation, and that Universal Storage doesn't quite fit the visual theme and functionality in FusTek, I would like to formally announce that I intend to take over the FLEXracks project, albeit in a truncated capacity and as a separate download to FusTek. More details will come when I start a thread dedicated to FusTek FLEXracks.

It is official FLEX Rack is saved

Just keep in mind that I will not give out the licence for free usage until I publish the parts that I already have, and the extensive description of how they could be used in the future. Which I will do during the next week.

Just keep in mind that I will not give out the licence for free usage until I publish the parts that I already have, and the extensive description of how they could be used in the future. Which I will do during the next week.

Sounds good.

I'm tempted to alter the textures slightly where necessary, if that's alright with you.

Be nice to have the Textures and the tanks -snip- For use in CargoTransferBags mod please.:D

Aren't the CargoTransferBags a ripoff of my bags? And you want to use my textures of the original bags for the ripoff of those bags? Bagsphemy!

• 3 weeks later...
soooo then just wondering but since sumghai has taken over FlexRack, will he make a new thread for it?

I do have the basic FLEXrack model, which would allow me to get started with my own rendition.

The problem is that nothke simply hasn't given me permission to use it in a public release - I'd imagine he's busy with other commitments outside KSP.

I do have the basic FLEXrack model, which would allow me to get started with my own rendition.

The problem is that nothke simply hasn't given me permission to use it in a public release - I'd imagine he's busy with other commitments outside KSP.

So based on this, we're basically waiting on Nothke to deal with RL and, when he has time, give you written permission to release derivative works based on his source assets. I take it that without a release prior to this, there was no licensing and there has been no formal written agreements (yet).

So based on this, we're basically waiting on Nothke to deal with RL and, when he has time, give you written permission to release derivative works based on his source assets. I take it that without a release prior to this, there was no licensing and there has been no formal written agreements (yet).

Correct on all counts, as far as I understand it.

The only reason nothke gave me that one model was so that I could make my Karmony Warehouse compatible with FLEXrack.

• 2 months later...

[MOD - As this add-on is no longer actively developed, and the author has not released his existing work (as promised), I'm afraid I'll have to lock this thread to prevent unnecessary bumping.

nothke can PM myself or another moderator if and when he decides to continue the project]