[WIP] FLEXrack - Portable Payload Racks

nothke

Absolutely cannot wait. My biggest complaint with the current life support mods is how huge and obnoxious the parts are that are required to actually provide resources to the kerbals. I'd love to be able to send up a resupply ship with a 6S tube full of water and food packages and EVA out to put them on.

This mod cannot come out soon enough.

Hmm... Here's a thought- can you make a version of the rack container without the central rack and give it a sliding (or not) door? The intention would be for it to act as a payload bay for small relay satellites for landers/bases/far-out stations that need a connection to KSC (say if you're using Remote Tech). Another use, should one be so inclined, would be for storage of drones and automated sentries to be deployed in swarms(Yes, I've watched the EVE Rubicon trailer about 100 times now)...

I don't understand, they do fit inside, that is the purpose of this mod, just like I placed 4 around the girder, they also fit in the same way inside a 2m cargo bay. 8 racks (+2 inside) can also fit inside 3.75m hulls

http://i.imgur.com/aNp3uXXl.png?1

http://i.imgur.com/4wiAIpvl.png?1

Lol *facepalm* i was being dumb sorry ( i meant on the outside :P not inside, but i get it now) good job!

Hi guys, I am sorry to disappoint you, but I was not able to finish the first version of FLEXracks before Christmas as I promised. I have been increadibly busy with a lot of things in real life and in few hours I am going to go on a holiday trip. I will continue the work on the project as soon as I return.

I am sorry again and thank you for your patience.

Hi guys, I am sorry to disappoint you, but I was not able to finish the first version of FLEXracks before Christmas as I promised. I have been increadibly busy with a lot of things in real life and in few hours I am going to go on a holiday trip. I will continue the work on the project as soon as I return.

Dude... It's OK... It's Christmas, after all...

That's alright, everything takes time to do right. :)

Enjoy your holiday trip!

You're informing us, which is a pretty good thing. Just let us know

No worries, dude - looks awesome, eagerly awaiting it like everyone else - but take time off. I think sometimes as a community we all get a bit excitable, and burnout and pressure from everybody and their brother is a big part of why a lot of modders stop, or leave the community. Frankly, I'd rather this continue to be a labor of love and see you be able to develop sustainably. I'm just thankful that all the modders out there (and nothke in particular) are able to say "hey, life intervened, but I'm still working on this" and continue putting together these awesome additions to KSP. Keep up the great work, but *after* you enjoy the holidays!

• 2 weeks later...

This development is taking a while,but you are constantly updating on the progress wich eases the impatience.Unlike the mini shuttle thread,witch is both un-updated and un-attended.Good job on the modeling,by the way.

I said I am not actively working on that project, just occasionally

It is really, really nice, but I'm looking forward more to this.

EDIT: Oops, I came of much more different then I wanted to. I was just joking.

Edited by likke_A_boss

Nothke, Why you do this!

because that's awesome. But this also is. So...we need more nothke!

Joking aside, I think it's okay to switch between different projects. As long as you do finish them at some point, it's certainly better than burning out on always doing the same stuff. And it will propably never be fast enaugh for all the players anyway, since at least some of them are simply going to have more free time than you.

i hope so too. have still space reserved for this on my research station :)

I've been holding off on playing KSP until these are out. I pretty much only play with life support anymore, and I'm sick of the terrible huge life support resource modules available. Hoping this comes out fairly soon cause then I would like to start playing again with a proper manageable LS system