[WIP] FLEXrack - Portable Payload Racks

nothke

Still anxiously awaiting this being completed and released. Minor quibble though - Velcro doesn't really stick ANYwhere, unless you've coated the entire exterior of the spacecraft with the "opposite" sided Velcro as well ;). Of course, if we are going with "name brand" fastener methods anyway, we could always use some 3M (3K?) "Kommand" surface adhesive strips instead...;)

Looks like it a parts pack, also. Pretty Pretty velcro bags, I would carry one around even if I didn't need it.

Could you make one that is a Battery in a velcro bag? Would be nice if you need to save a probe, Just enough to do it like a car jump where you can deploy the Solars you forgot to deploy.

uhh nothke what is this TPS pack that i see in your name right next to your link to this Flexrack thread?

also to keep with what this thread is about i can't wait for this packs release!

The TPS pack is not connected to FLEXracks, its a part pack for deadly reentry. I will publish it soon.

Could you make one that is a Battery in a velcro bag? Would be nice if you need to save a probe, Just enough to do it like a car jump where you can deploy the Solars you forgot to deploy.

Good idea, but the small battery is already made attachable in KAS

This looks fantastic, when will this be made available? I'm looking forward to using the backpacks for TAC life support. You still didn't get a grip of TaranisElsu? The experiment storage is really fancy as well and the standardized racks and their compartments are mouth watering. It looks rather ready to make available to the players even even you aren't working with another mod. This would let people put the resources they need inside the compartments for their mods.

I'm looking forward to using the backpacks for TAC life support. You still didn't get a grip of TaranisElsu?

I did, but his idea is to make and maintain the plugin and let others make models for it independantly. I will publish the bags in a Flexrack pack with TAC resources but you can adjust to whatever ls plugin's resources you want, which is even better in my opinion.

The TPS pack is not connected to FLEXracks, its a part pack for deadly reentry. I will publish it soon.

Good idea, but the small battery is already made attachable in KAS

Lemme guess "Thermal Protection System" ? That's awesome, I can't wait to see it. I've been trying to teach myself blender because I wanted a new heat shield so badly.

Including configs for Modular Fuels on the bags will allow you to make custom life-support resource choices even easier in game too. You would need to have one with a "generic" texture (no label, or just "Life Support" or "Emergency Supplies" or something). Then just list all of the possible types of resources it could contain in the modular fuels definitions.

Seems like project is abandoned, there were no updates for a while now.

What? Are you crazy? A project isn't abandoned if there's been no news for at least a month... the last time nothke even posted something was 3 days ago or so.

What? Are you crazy? A project isn't abandoned if there's been no news for at least a month... the last time nothke even posted something was 3 days ago or so.

Yes, you are right, developer has posted something recently, but nothing except pictures has been released for a months.

And you need to remember that FlexRack needed extra functionality from KAS to work as Nothke envisioned, now that KAS has said functionality FlexRack has been entering the home stretch for a first release....

Try to have some patience already, many people are looking forward to it. Sumghai has been planning on making a module for his FusTek parts pack that would accept these containers, Nothke has already been sending him some reference models so he can properly model his part, Nothke will release it when he thinks it's ready