101+ Impossible/stupid requests

• 1 month later...
I knew about that, actually. But I have a feeling we aren't going to get that for a little while longer. Also, my noob writing.

I'm not even sure if we'll have it at all.

I guess upcoming announcement of what they plan for version 1.0 will clarify that.

So I thought we should have a thread on all the impossible/daft/stupid ideas we may have from time to time, I'm not expecting any solutions to these, it's meant in good humour.

With that in mind.

6 My space station of 3500 parts lags when I bring my 4000 part mothership close to dock with it, why can't it be smooth?

That would be possible if KSP was not using Unity engine......

The Unity Engine uses very very old ways of doing things. "sorry Unity Fans but this is a Fact and its well known".

64Bit Flaky at best.

SMP Nope. "Just think Quad core has been out for over 10 years" Just think some sound cards have quad core on them god knows what unity would do with that. "most likely nothing".

Even Multi-threaded PhysX is not possible even tho NVidia PhysX can support it and runs well even on a old Q9400. "one of the first quad cores" or the Old Quad core AMD's run it fine. "this is where most of the lag will come from for KSP".

Please don't get me wrong i love nearly everything about KSP, but the engine sucks i can't imagine how much hard work it must be to get something to run smooth on such an engine.

Fact.

I have not seen a game that uses the Unity Engine with out similar problems.

VSync does not work. "on any game that i have uses Unity".

My prediction is that if Unity was replaced by a better engine i am 100% sure 3500 part station and 4000 part ship would be no problem.

So yeah my Silly wish would be to change the engine but i know that will never ever happen. :'(

• 1 year later...
This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.