[Stock] 30 sec Altitude Challenge!

Just wanted to chime in

http://i.imgur.com/Yona1zI.png

Went on to break 1K km in not even a minute

http://i.imgur.com/0p3P5bh.png

Design is not mine though. It belongs to some guy on this forum. Can't remember the thread title.

its the thing with wings and cubic octagonal struts, right? they are physics-less while wings have weird flappy things going on with not even controlling them.

[snip]

Design is not mine though. It belongs to some guy on this forum. Can't remember the thread title.

Was it this type of craft?

6DkTIic.jpg

If so, that's me. (Or maybe someone else came up with this as well, and I was just a co-discoverer.)

• 4 weeks later...
I can't get higher than this only with solid rocket boosters:

This is the rocket:

The limitation is the SRB itself. Adding more of them in parallel will have no effect on the speed or altitude attempt. Try staging them.

LDC5ro2.jpg

With tweaking the fuel, you should be able to get much better acceleration then what is shown here.

Edited by SRV Ron

Played with the staging concept. Key is having all SRBs firing but tweaking the fuel to different levels and dumping SRBs as they run out of fuel. Check out the acceleration at launch. I'm sure it can be done better. You do want burnout at exactly 30 seconds for max effect.

3dxBgVj.jpg

GhBn0FN.jpg

NNbQtBz.jpg

34tKTJP.jpg

• 6 years later...

I'm so late to this but I found this thread maybe an hour ago. Here is the Sepratron Crak, version 4. True to its name, it is propelled by a very large number of sepratrons. Of course, I could get higher (the four stages burn out in 20 seconds, so there's room for two more), but my computer was starting to chug significantly and I was already over the previous record.

https://imgur.com/a/Y1U0XW4

56566 m in 30 seconds, no bugs, mods, or cheats

• 2 weeks later...

@Mars90000000, Bradley Whistance or whatever made it to orbit in 33, he was at like 65ish K at 30 seconds. Add that on there as well.

On 10/9/2020 at 1:29 AM, moar ssto said:

I think the record holder is stratzenblitz75, he got to speed of light within one physics frame, that's a lot of height travelled in 30s.

Or Bradley, who made it to orbit in 33, he was at like 65k at 30 seconds.

17 minutes ago, Kernel Kraken said:

I might reboot this if anyone else doesn't want to. With a whole lot of glitches patched, a lot of new ones, and more parts then ever, I think it deserves one. 

@Mars90000000

REEEEEEEEEEEEBOOT

On 10/20/2020 at 11:05 AM, Mikenike said:

@Mars90000000

REEEEEEEEEEEEBOOT

Yeah, why not. I'll have it written up and posted by tomorrow evening.

EDIT: Missed the yesterday evening deadline, PC died and I don't want to screw up with mobile formatting. I've started a policy of taking a break all Saturday to stave off the school- induce panic attacks so I'll have time to write up and publish the challenge then.

Edited by Kernel Kraken

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.