14 hours to learn then forget to save.

skipper8472

Its taken me 14 hours so far to build a simple rocket and kill a couple kerbals and get into orbit. 1st time I got into orbit it was like an egg shaped Apoapsis and Periapsis. I didn't right the hight down as it was a tester but it was way off and I did this for a couple of hours trying to get it right. Any way about 1hour ago which is 14 hour game play since Friday night I finally got a near 100% Apoapsis and periapsis which height was. AP 100.142M and PA 99.583M. I was messing around with views and looking at jebediah looking all chuffed and smiling and then I ended the flight. Then I realize when I went back there where no flights to be found :(

Any one else done this error yet?.

Your problem is; you hit end flight. Right now end flight means really end/abort the flight. You should have hit on Space center, then the flight keeps existing..

You're probably better off lol

Now that you've done it once you'll be able to do it again a bit easier and faster, then faster again the next time. It will get to the point where you have 40 manned spaceships orbiting Kerbin and you'll just go to the tracking station and delete them one at a time lol

I have done this several times by accident and for awhile didnt know you had to go to the space center instead of end flight. If you happened to quick save and havent quick saved since then you should be able to re-load your save.

Howdi...

Too bad this happened and I agree the 'end flight' UI is a tad concerting but probly the least of our worries; it is a matter of getting to know the game - I havnt even read many tutorials cause I didnt want to spoil anything for me - learning and making mistakes is half the fun, but really half the game too...take this to heart; seemingly there are vet gamers here who are 'bored' cause they basically did it all where as we havnt.

At a few points I was really stumped, especially with the manuvering nodes - dont worry and go with it ! I am still abit confused and use trial and error along with looking at some vids as well, but I try to keep the vids down. There is alot of creativity in building and running the game - explore the many possibilities here - I have lost many a time or losing things as well in my computer lifetime and banged on my keyboard a few times....check out the crazy people who get angry when somethin breaks in their game - you wont feel so bad !!! I have - and compared to what I have seen, I want to start over ! Unfortunately I do tend to start over alot...

I dont recommend it - but it sure makes life easy sometimes...it is not that practice makes perfect - it makes it 'REWARDING! '!

I have spent a week or more on one KSP project, like building a rescue plane - I am still not totally happy cause I really want to get my 'real missions' going; I consider myself 'almost' graduated from Kerbin Academy (on my game and site which hasnt been updated cause I been so busy playin the game and building things!

Cdr Zeta

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.