[It's finally here!] Apollo Replica "MUNBUG XII" Saturn V, CSM, Lander, Buggy

awesome. Just Awesome

Thanks!... Munbug VI will be even better. Made some progress already but holding back for 0.20 as there is likely to be a new lander can in the patch.

This?

Yep. I've already been playing around with the original mod version. It is in the KSPX expansion mod by Claira (who is making the official versions now) along with the original of the other pod coming in 0.20. Holding off playing about with them too much yet though as I suspect the dimensions have changed on the new official versions.

http://kerbalspaceprogram.com/0-18-4-kspx-parts-expansion/

... Munbug VI ... i guess i should start working on my Tanis-Program again. :D

i have to say, that i realyl want to look over your shoulder Mulbin, when you are working in the VAB and testing the stuff you build. just shot the Jool V into orbit some minites ago and it was ... awesome.

edit:

reverse engienering is something great. i really wondered about the fueltanks of your Jool V ... and you did the same thing i had in mind for my Tanis IV Munrocket. i only have to figure out a good enigecluster, cause i dont want to spam Mainsails :D

your Munlander is relly pretty. such a nice lander, how much time did you spent on designing the lander?

Edited by Darth Lazarus

Hey Mulbin, where the heck did u build your Jool V? Outside :P???

I'm try to build SpaceX's Falcon Heavy to carry space station parts into orbit, but the VAB isn't tall enough! Seeing your Jool V is even longer, how did u do it???

Thx

Steffen

In the final test and tweak stage of Munbug VI ! Will release tomorrow. It has a new eagle lander that blows munbug V out of the water... completely new build based very closely on the Apollo lander.

A teaser pic!... the view from Futility Base.

screenshot110_zps51c866cf.jpg

I must say that is one sexy looking lander! It looks just like the real thing. :D

You won't be saying that tomorrow when I release the new one ;) It reeeeeeeaally looks like the real thing!

Another teaser! More pics and the craft file uploading tomorrow after testing.

screenshot73_zps687ed00d.jpg

Mün in my savefile is getting really crowded with flags, I will gladly ad another one with this craft!

btw: Still trying to make complete tour with Duna LK-1 :D I almost had it, but stupid glitch screwed my on my ascent from Duna and I missed CM by far...

Once again I'm blown away by your design skills, Mulbin! Bravo!

It would be a crime, it would be an act of vandalism to disassemble your launcher to learn how it all works. But that won't stop me. :D

Edited by Jack Wolfe

WOW thats a hell of spaceship. The Jool V is pretty fascinating. I'm looking forward to the moment (far in the future) where i will also be able to bild awesome crafts like that.

What's the part count?

*shuffles feet*... 712... Apologies if it breaks your computer! Bear in mind you will shed hundreds of parts by the time you are in orbit though.

I've just realised the staging might not be completely correct... rushing out a small update in the next couple of days to Munbug VII - basically VI but with some bug fixes but also an added feature!...

The MMSEP packages (Munbug Munar Surface Experiment Package) - 3 separate bits of surface equipment to help create the feel of an Apollo landing site!

In the mean time apologies for any trouble from staging!

Also if anyone is interested I can publish my flag - Star and Stripes of the U.S.K (as seen in pics).