[It's finally here!] Apollo Replica "MUNBUG XII" Saturn V, CSM, Lander, Buggy

Right, back on track!

The Bad News (ish)

It seems that for whatever reason Munbug VI is struggling to get to Munar orbit insertion with the third stage... however you can still complete the moon mission by getting as close as possible with the third stage, retrieving the lander and using the csm to get the rest of the way with fuel to spare. Just think of it as a massive course correction!!

The Good News!

I have solved this problem with Munbug VII and can confirm that the third stage will not only complete the last part of Kerbin low orbit but will also have enough fuel to get you on course to Mun... with a tiny bit of fuel left to set the abandoned third stage on a collision course with the Mun! (just like apollo 11 did)

Will release soon... in the meantime here is a picture of a ship you can't download yet to frustrate you!...

screenshot0_zps63421db8.jpg

And as compensation for the delay here is a download for my personal custom flag for use with Munbug... the flag of the United State of Kerbin.

Seen here fluttering (well staying fairly still actually) at the landing site of Munbug VI... "Futility Base".

screenshot16_zpsb01ea324.jpg

Download it here! - http://www./?26s38p1aas5y2wt

Just drop it into your flag folder under game data/squad/flags

Please put Munbug IIV into the spaceport. Mainstream and trusted bit of a oxymoron isn't it? ;) "its funny cause its true' Homer.

Really like the look of your KSP work Mulbin. No joke, I just want a go.

Regards from the bitter stupid old man. Thats what the wonderful wife calls me.

Please put Munbug IIV into the spaceport. Mainstream and trusted bit of a oxymoron isn't it? ;) "its funny cause its true' Homer.

Really like the look of your KSP work Mulbin. No joke, I just want a go.

Regards from the bitter stupid old man. Thats what the wonderful wife calls me.

Sure, I've been thinking of moving to spaceport. I'll put VII up when it's ready.

You should do an N1 next. It would be awesome.

Not really sure I can improve on yours to be honest... I changed direction with the munbugs towards an Apollo clone as there wasn't really a stock apollo close enough for me, your N! is already a very good replica. I will make a Muna-LK3 at some point but will probably just be soviet style rather than an accurate model of a real craft.

I´ll do a Muna LK-1 live stream today :)

on 23:00 GMT+1

That's right about the time I will be test flying the final (hopefully) version of Munbug VII, I'll try to tune in.

I'd recommend Muna-LK2 though... here is the link, I keep meaning to put a new post up since the server crash.

http://www./download/xhnw8roc33qb29e/Muna-LK2.craft

Edited by Mulbin

Update on progress...

Munbug VII in final stages of testing and will be published this weekend. It won't have the experiment packages this time around as I don't want to delay release now that I've found the faults with the current munbug VI... I just want to get a 100% working Munbug up for download! MMSEP experiment package (Munbug Munar Experiment Package) will be added to Munbug VIII

Nearly there!... in fact as you can see by the mission patch KSC has already selected the three astronauts for the mission!!

patch_zps407e4fe9.jpg

Whatisthisidon'teven......................?

Putting the fuel and stuff inside the panels is... genius. idon'teven.... it just.. I...... beautiful.. realistic. amazing.... idon'teven........

U ARE A GENIUS

I wonder if im the only one who feels like a miserable failure in life after seeing this engineering marvel

Ha.. thanks. Glad you like it! I'm quite happy with the lander for now (at least the next update or two)...

Just successfully landed one on the Mun on the first successful test flight of Munbug VII... very near to publishing!

Now... I don't mind people using my craft, or making videos... but please don't do this -

This guy takes far too much credit for my work, opening the video with saying that he created my Lander... then mentions it is "based" on my design (or at least someone called "Mublin")

No... you've just made a tiny alteration to my craft file and passed it off as your work.

please don't. In future please just say outright that it's not your ship and mention you have very slightly changed something (still not sure if anything is actually different on the lander..)

He did post a link to the original though, which is at least something...

Edited by Mulbin

Thats pretty lame what he did. he even "reported as spam" a post that called him out on it.

The way he talks about it in the video makes it come off that he did the whole thing himself.

UUUUUUUUPPPPPPDDDDDAAAAAAAATTTTTTEEEEEEEE!!!!!!!!

Finally, after what seems like an eternity of testing and tweaking, Munbug VII is ready to lurch its 555 ton body sluggishly into the air to drop the most impractical lander ever built onto the Mun!... but it does it all in style ;)

You now have enough DV to complete your Kerbin orbit (using some of the third stage - as with the real Apollo) and complete you lunar transfer burn completely with the third stage, allowing you to retrieve your lander and make course corrections en route (just like Apollo). If you carry out your ascent really well then you should have a tiny bit of fuel in the third stage to crash it into the Mun! (again... just like Apollo), if not then it has it's own rcs system to do the job :)

Good luck! and post your pictures of successful (or spectacularly unsuccessful) missions!

p.s Apologies to those who wanted the file on Spaceport... I uploaded it but as yet it doesn't appear on their site, I guess there is a screening process. Will add to main thread if it starts working.

Edited by Mulbin

well done Mulbin.

Best thing to think - your design must be great if people want to claim its theirs!

EDIT: changed to actually make sense in the language I wrote it.

Edited by TheWanderer

well done Mulbin.

Best thing to think - your design must be great if people want to claim its theirs!

EDIT: changed to actually make sense in the language I wrote it.

Ha yeah, doesn't bother me much, just a bit sad!... way cooler people to pretend to be than me ;)

Now I get to actually play KSP for a bit before my next craft... I've actually started making my ships even harder with mods, Imagine trying to fly one of my ungainly rockets while managing oxygen, advanced power and radio contact!