[It's finally here!] Apollo Replica "MUNBUG XII" Saturn V, CSM, Lander, Buggy

ANOTHER ADVANCE!

Yet another new feature I've been working on for VIII is nearing completion.

I give you the MMSEP (Munbug Munar Surface Experiments Package). It's amazing just how much you can squeeze into the bottom of a lunar module ;)

screenshot11_zps9c8bf8a5.jpg

screenshot13_zpsea043bbe.jpg

Love this Rocket, however having major slowdown when launching it. Are there any solutions as it is rather part heavy, should I turn down the gfx or something?

Love this Rocket, however having major slowdown when launching it. Are there any solutions as it is rather part heavy, should I turn down the gfx or something?

Graphics setting won't help much as it's the memory and processor that KSP pushes the most. The best setting to alter is you Max Physics Delta Time - slide it completely to the right. Instead of dropping the frame rate the game will put you in slow motion during launch which I personally prefer.

This rocket is amazing, but completely murdered my poor Dual Core GeForce 260 machine. :) Time for an upgrade!

I use a Gforce 260... should be fine for KSP. And dual core is fine too as KSP only uses one. It also only uses 4gig of memory as it's 32 bit. Problem is likely to be you processor and memory speed... either way probably time for a new computer! - go for fast memory an high GHZ on the processor :)

Graphics setting won't help much as it's the memory and processor that KSP pushes the most. The best setting to alter is you Max Physics Delta Time - slide it completely to the right. Instead of dropping the frame rate the game will put you in slow motion during launch which I personally prefer.

All I can say is THANKYOU!! Mulbin you have made me an incredibly happy Kerbal Exterminator. The Munbug VII now flies in real-time for me with no lag what so ever. :D

That is awesome! How do you move the experiment units around after dropping them out of the lander stage?

They each have a small probe core, in the low gravity you can roll them just using the probe torque.

All I can say is THANKYOU!! Mulbin you have made me an incredibly happy Kerbal Exterminator. The Munbug VII now flies in real-time for me with no lag what so ever. :D

No problem :) glad you are enjoying it.

Update on Munbug VIII!...

Currently on the final test flight, have just transfered to the Mun on a free return trajectory and now locked into orbit at 29km... out of time tonight but will complete the full test mission to ensure everything is functioning on Sunday then release the craft. New features include new Jool V rocket that looks much more like a saturn V, reworked lander with more DV, new fairing system with no decouplers or shrouds getting in the way, and the MMSEP modules.

Think I'm finally getting Munbug close to where I want it.... who am I kidding, there's bound to be a Munbug IX...

i might be able to answer for mulbin's here : his Jool V rocket was designed before 0.20 :) so no skippers back then :)

But i can guess he will have a brand new jool V very soon - the new third stage we can see in his last video will need new first and second stage, because it's way heavier :)

Edited by sgt_flyer

I think the second stage would look better if you used Skippers.

The second stage on Munbug VIII does have skippers.

his Jool V rocket was designed before 0.20 :) so no skippers back then :)

Precisely!

I'm about ready to release a challenger to the Munbug that isn't based on the N1.

Imagine for a moment that the Saturn V was named for the number of F1 engines it had. Well, based on that intentionally incorrect assumption, I have created a new launch vehicle. It's called...

The Saturn IX. Prepare yourselves.

Ei36AWE.png

Edited by GusTurbo

UPDATE!!!!!!

MUNBUG VIII RELEASED!

This is the major update I've been working towards! Munbug VIII is a complete rebuild with a new Saturn V rocket (much more accurate shape) a new S1B (now capable of Free Return Trajectory!), rebuilt lander (now with more DV) a new CSM, a new Buggy, a totally new fairing system (no more annoying decouplers getting in the way!) and for the first time... the MMSEP! (Munbug Munar Surface Experiment Package).

Main post updated with files and images.