[It's finally here!] Apollo Replica "MUNBUG XII" Saturn V, CSM, Lander, Buggy

thanks... glad you are enjoying it! Already got a change list building up for Munbug IX

In other news - The Munbug Series craft have just hit 5000 downloads!

OH WOW~! Now that's a testament to your expertise. :0.0:

COMING SOON!

OK... I know I've been saying for months that I'll put together a complete flight plan... but now I'm actually working on one! Got as far as Munar insertion so far, will hopefully have it done (and Munbug IX) by the end of next week!

3gjt.jpg

Edited by Mulbin

A sneak peek at the interior... apologies for any typos, will be proof read before completion. For example it still has the Munbug VII patch!

btzm.jpg

caoh.jpg

Edited by Mulbin

Can't see that picture. Try imgur maybe?

Like the image says... Just too many people looking at my images!

imgur has the same limits on bandwidth so would solve nothing sadly... If anyone knows of a hosting service without bandwidth limits that would be great. Otherwise just have to wait for next month to see my pics again!

EDIT: looks like image shack has no monthly bandwidth limit, I'll give them a try... will take a while to transfer all of my images from photobucket though.

Edited by Mulbin

imgur has the same limits on bandwidth

Imgur has no bandwidth limits, but does have a max of 225 images that can be shown at any time from a free account; I suspect you'd be over that. If you like, I can host the images of the manual temporarily (I can still see them; they must be cached for me) on my imgur account and post them here until you get your photos moved over.

Imgur has no bandwidth limits, but does have a max of 225 images that can be shown at any time from a free account; I suspect you'd be over that. If you like, I can host the images of the manual temporarily (I can still see them; they must be cached for me) on my imgur account and post them here until you get your photos moved over.

Thanks for the offer but I've fixed them! Starting to also replace the Main post images.

... and another page! I may as well post these as I complete them in case they are any help to people flying Munbug VIII. Bear in mind that some staging etc may be slightly different on munbug IX... basic flight plan should be similar though.

qdyq.jpg

I've created a new video. This time, it's in the form of a tutorial. It's also high-res and has mechjeb data displayed.

And of course you can put it on the main page if you so desire.

-snip-

Did you do the narration with a computer?

I've created a new video. This time, it's in the form of a tutorial. It's also high-res and has mechjeb data displayed.

I'm sorry but I just can't hold my opinion on this. YOU SIR ARE ONE TALENTED MAN~! :0.0: I have never seen such a landing made, even with the video on the main post it was awesome enough, and to be so kind as to make a tutorial video yourself on how you achieved this landing. . . just wow. . . nothing else to comment. :D I'll be practicing this until I get close to your prowess. ;.;

Updated the video on the main page! Great stuff, really nice to see my craft being flown by someone else.

Away for a few days then I'll complete Munbug IX - will have a little more DV in the third stage and a lighter lander (removed excess fuel).

I should also finish the flight manual.... with a manual and tutorial video no-one should have any problem flying Munbug any more!

EDIT: Also, stop using that American voice over actor to dub your video... everyone knows you are from Moscow!

Edited by Mulbin

I'm enjoying trying out Munbug VIII. A couple questions:

1) When I turn on ASAS on ascent to make the gravity turn at 8,000m, the ship immediately starts to roll. It's not that big a deal, but does make accomplishing the turn efficiently difficult. Am I doing something wrong? (I locked gimbals on the 2 engines via the action group key.)

2) Getting a proper FRT seems very finnicky. I'm using improved maneuver nodes so I can be very precise in setting up the maneuver node, but the launch time for the node has to be precise to within a second or so to get a return orbit with a low Munar peri and atmospheric Kerbin peri. Maybe y'all are just expert flyers, but I don't think I can be so precise without MechJeb, or without some correction burns (for which I don't have fuel.) Again, am I doing something wrong?

3) Addendum to 3: I run out of fuel on the 3rd stage with about 20 m/s to go in my transfer burn. Clearly all the fuel efficiencies are cut very close. If I transfer fuel from the lander (through the gap in the armor plates?) will I still have enough to land on the Mun and return?

I'm enjoying trying out Munbug VIII. A couple questions:

1) When I turn on ASAS on ascent to make the gravity turn at 8,000m, the ship immediately starts to roll. It's not that big a deal, but does make accomplishing the turn efficiently difficult. Am I doing something wrong? (I locked gimbals on the 2 engines via the action group key.)

2) Getting a proper FRT seems very finnicky. I'm using improved maneuver nodes so I can be very precise in setting up the maneuver node, but the launch time for the node has to be precise to within a second or so to get a return orbit with a low Munar peri and atmospheric Kerbin peri. Maybe y'all are just expert flyers, but I don't think I can be so precise without MechJeb, or without some correction burns (for which I don't have fuel.) Again, am I doing something wrong?

3) Addendum to 3: I run out of fuel on the 3rd stage with about 20 m/s to go in my transfer burn. Clearly all the fuel efficiencies are cut very close. If I transfer fuel from the lander (through the gap in the armor plates?) will I still have enough to land on the Mun and return?

Answer to 3: transfer fuel from the CSM