[It's finally here!] Apollo Replica "MUNBUG XII" Saturn V, CSM, Lander, Buggy

.22 may have also disconnected some fuel lines, I had the smae problem on munbu 11...hoping to have Munbug 11 out soon... i might be able to get a quick fix out for 10 tonight. Basically there should be 4 fuel lines running from the bottom central fuel tank (not the radial ones) to the top of each engine. Since .22 they don't seem to connect any more and they connect to the radial tanks instead (something has changed slightly with collision meshes I think). If you can't connect the lines then putting 4 small square struts on the center tank and attaching the lines to them seems to work.

Thanks, when will you push the new update?

Hopefully won't be long now. The basic construction is complete, just trying to increase the TWR at the moment to counter the weight of the fairings.

3vqo.jpg

Hopefully won't be long now. The basic construction is complete, just trying to increase the TWR at the moment to counter the weight of the fairings.

3vqo.jpg

WHAT. THE. HELL. This looks Exactly like the real Saturn 5. You can't be serious.

Progress update...

Getting close to completion, just a few bugs to iron out. DV is a little short (had to borrow from CSM to get to Mun), also need to make a few tweaks to the lander. Otherwise it is working very well.

pyjt.jpg

1p19.jpg

Wow, that looks amazing! Have you thought of using the new LT-1 landing strut for your LEM?

I'll try it tomorrow when I make the changes to the lander, much more suitable since they changed it in .22 It might be too big though.

@john fx and nephf

The problem he faces is it's new fairing sheer weight, which costs a lot of delta-v (the ibeams are very heavy :P)

Sidenote : mulbin, have you tried to use the new radial antenna for your fairings ? They should be much more lightweight than i-beams. (Of course, that comes with a price - more parts as you'll need to make a 'skeleton' to carry all the antennas)

@john fx and nephf

The problem he faces is it's new fairing sheer weight, which costs a lot of delta-v (the ibeams are very heavy :P)

Sidenote : mulbin, have you tried to use the new radial antenna for your fairings ? They should be much more lightweight than i-beams. (Of course, that comes with a price - more parts as you'll need to make a 'skeleton' to carry all the antennas)

I was just curious as to the construction method, the walls looked quite smooth. We can only hope that some form of fairing or more structural panel options is in a near update as far as weight goes.

Just wondering, are you going to do an updated Duna ship? :)

Eventually but I have way too many ships lined up first! Last I checked dunebug and duna-lk are still working though!

@john fx and nephf

Exactly, those beams are really heavy! But I, m confident I can get the dv up rather than increase the part count with the antennas.

Please please please don't use the small capsule for the new munbug... It looks horrible and cramped

Sorry but munbug is about getting the closest replica to apollo as possible, the pods are the best option. The old design is too big and the cupolla is just wrong (its part of the ISS in real life) and the view from the window is upside down, with the pods your view is the correct way up. The new lander is much closer to the real one than the old munbug. Of course if you prefer the old one you can still download munbugs 1 to 10

Thats how the actual Apollo landers were, and this is a replica ship.:)

Exactly!

maybe this is the solution to all of you problems.

VTzSwDQ.png

Sorry, but munbug has always and will always been 100% stock.

I think what the people are complainig about is that the new lander is to small for the CSM

Again... I don't agree I'm afraid. The old lander was far too big, the new lander is much more in proportion with the CSM.

From left to right - New Munbug, Real CSM/LEM, Old Munbug

86eu.jpg

It`s really hard to get it totally the right size.

apocsmlm.gif

As you can see it can look different depending on the angle you look at it due to the non regular shape. I think the old one was too big to a larger degree than the new one is too small if that makes sense.

Edited by John FX