First Contact [WIP]

NASAFanboy

"Sir, sir, we got a contact nearing Eeloo"

"What?"

Nedbob Kerman looked sleepily at the private. It was his first day as the man in charge of the Kerbin Militaries Space radar, since the space program had discharged him after the Dunabase One incident.

"Contact sire, we have one moving in. And it's moving fast."

"I will inform the board about this, you can go", he replied, and quickly dismissed the soldier with a wave of his hand. Then, ignoring his promise, he set out to type his report on enemy spy satellites....

Meanwhile, at Kernell Space Observbatory, 9PM.....

"So, I was busy playing Kall of Kerbin, and then-"

"Gentlemen, we have picked up an Near-Kerbin asteriod."

Everyone in the room sat up, and soon were staring at the screen. Gasps of awe and amazement followed. Suddenly, an realization of horror and shock spread like a wave. The object was massive, enough to purge Kerbin in darkness and destroy all life if it stuck. And strike, it will, as it was slated to pass only 5KM away from sea level.

"Stay calm, everyone!", shouted Wernher Von Kerman.

"I've seen this before, it may be a false data reading. It's being late, you may all go early today."

As the Kerbals left the room and slowly headed home, Wernher punched in the data streams and values into "Gerty", an supercomputer used by the KSC. He took peel at the data outputs, and did the same process over and over. They all showed the same thing, an ominous warning of their demise.

"I must notify the Goverment, straight away."

Picking up the phone, he dialed some numbers, and quickly reached the man he wanted.

"Mr. President, Mein Furher, we have a situation."....

New Kerbin City, Headquarters of the United Kerbal (Like the UN, has 600 member nations.).....

"The UK has called an emergency session of the High Council today. Rumors are widespread, but several allege that the council has been called to investigate an possible mass-extinction to happen in the coming months. Riots are breaking out on several streets, from people claiming the end is near. Hundreds killed, massive damage, thousands wounded. Anja Kerman is at the scene of the riot outside the HQ, one of the biggest in history, Anja, you may go."

"Heavy fighting has led to massive damage and deaths, and the ferocity of both sides is just enormous. Back to you, Dave. "

Meanwhile, in the United Kerbin meeting room, a very different battle was being fought. Some wanted to evacuate a select group of Kerbals, others wanted to destroy the asteriod. A courier rushed in, with several papers, and quickly handed them to the President of the United States of Kerbal. The President looked at the papers, then said:;

"I believe, we rushing to redevous with fate. While we were meeting, the object accelerated, then entered orbit around Kerbin. I do not know what else to say, but begin transmitting a message of peace. Get the radio guy here."

InterKerbin Space Station....

"We got small craft approaching!"

"Radio them!", shouted the commander. Blue streaks of plasma suddenly shot of the craft, and tore into the station, ripping off solar panels and puncturing the hull.

"Get to the Koyuz lifeboat right away!" The three astronauts on duty quickly boarded the Koyuz, and bailed out. As they bailed out, the station was sliced into half, then blew up in a fireball as the oxygen imploded inside .

KSC...

"Contact lost with the IKS, sir."

"Crew has bailed out, station destroyed by what appears to be superheated plasma, source unknown"

Jebediah looked up from his desk. He was the new Deputy Adminstrator of KSC, and this was not a good start for his career.

"Establish contact with the crew"

"We have"

"They claim to have been attacked by alien craft."

Jebediah sat down, then looked into his memos, but the thought of the station never left his mind. His first mission was to the station, he helped design it, he commanded it longer than any other Kerbal, almost his entire career in LKO was spent on that station. And it was gone. Gone. He felt a depressing hole in his heart, then started weeping.

Edited by NASAFanboy

Not bad, as for the replies, I haven't even had one for my AAR, so don't feel bad for no replies, just see how many views you get per post. I checked mine, and it showed that people do read my AAR and just decide not to post anything.

• 2 weeks later...
This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.