[0.25] M.M.M (Modular Magnetic Module) 0.3.3

Ravski

can someone upload a good launch vehicle for the pieces?

http://kerbalspaceprogram.com/asterisk-super-heavy-lifter-stock/

That's an all stock launcher that will put 150tons into LKO reliably every launch. I use it myself for heavy lifting, be warned it is kinda high part count, but a good launch vehicle for being all stock.

Looks brilliant!

How stable is it? Looks like it gets pretty small.

Its pretty stable, it would be very very hard to tip over

I would guess its roughly 5-6 meters across when fully deployed, I'm not sure that this is going to be the final size and i may tweak the size of it to make it slightly bigger.

the screenshot below shows it twice its original size, what do you guys think?

Kerbal added for size comparison :

1puUVgQ.jpg

Its pretty stable, it would be very very hard to tip over

I would guess its roughly 5-6 meters across when fully deployed, I'm not sure that this is going to be the final size and i may tweak the size of it to make it slightly bigger.

the screenshot below shows it twice its original size, what do you guys think?

Kerbal added for size comparison :

1puUVgQ.jpg

It looks good that big, but how small does it fold up into? Also how can it attach/be attached to?

Big is usually better, but only if ya have so much flat ground to land it on.

It looks good that big, but how small does it fold up into? Also how can it attach/be attached to?

Big is usually better, but only if ya have so much flat ground to land it on.

here it is folded up, it will have connection node on the bottom of it for connection to a two meter tank. it will also have its own internal engines and fuel so you will be able to land it by itself

5t1vbQg.jpg

here it is folded up, it will have connection node on the bottom of it for connection to a two meter tank. it will also have its own internal engines and fuel so you will be able to land it by itself

I was waiting for MagicSmoke Ind to release the slidding rails to reattemt my laythe base......I may have to wait for this too =)

Lookin good, its big, but not to big it has to go on somewhat even ground.

• 3 weeks later...

This is kinda a bump, but how much of this works with 0.21.1? Also any idea of when an update may be for this? >.> I only finally found this after searching for a while

Eep, only just saw the thing saying it should work fine with 0.21.

Edited by Ryusho

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

This mod is amazing! This mod is very unique, I only know this and two other mods that add internal EVA parts but for some reason this one is the better of the two. I cannot wait for more updates for this simple, but very outstanding mod I hope all progress is going smoothly and I hope to see more updates soon!

• 1 month later...

Awesome mod to see. I've been waiting for this feature in Lack Luster Labs but seeing this mod was made for it i instantly downloaded it. I encountered a lighting bug (shadows were all over the place) 5 min ago but cannot seem to recreate it so i'll shut my mouth untill i see it more often. Great work so far anyways :D

*edit*

here it is again http://cloud-2.steampowered.com/ugc/597018368788476751/3D23F937E1CDEF85E14CA2815EBEE168146702FF/

when moving the camera the shadows flicker non stop at like 40 flickers / second. it's quite distracting and obviously not ment to happen, any idears on how to fix this?

*edit*

My game crashed 2 times after some inactivity. might be something else causing this but haven't seen it before using this mod. Still not hating or something, but if there's a solution, i'd welcome it ^^

Edited by Scarking

• 4 months later...

What ever happened to this effort? I see a whole bunch of partially completed structures in this thread that I would LOVE to add to my bases.

GREAT add-on and I hope that more content will be created and released! PS: I also asked this question at the spaceport as well. I REALLY like this add-on and hope that it has not been dropped...

• 4 weeks later...
I think this mod may be updated in the near future, actually... I have some free time, and I'd be happy to continue working on this.

That would be totally awesome! I really enjoy this mod and would love to see it being enhanced with more base structures. Great work and THANKS!

You could also use Bavarian Tubes.

Yes, one could also use Bavarian Tubes, I find them really nice, and they're actually pretty. But our mod is nice, too.

I just find Bavarian's to be a bit small... To each their own, I suppose.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.