Show off your flags MEGATHREAD

geb

On 4/7/2016 at 5:25 AM, billbobjebkirk said:

I made a few flags for a kerbal world I'm working on

How many are in there?

Personal collection, never actually posted it here, 87. Won't include any that are modifications of other people's which is a little longer. 2:1 ratio

Edited by Spartwo

18 hours ago, Spartwo said:

How many are in there?

Aroind 80-90, but this is just the beginning. I'm hoping I'll have another album in a few months about the same size! My goal in thsi is to creat flags for an entire kerbal world, which means I'll need quite a few, especially since many of the ones in this first album pertain to the same countries.

On 4/10/2016 at 3:00 PM, Pthigrivi said:

Finally updated for Turquoise Hexagon Sun. Any other fossils out there remember Boards of Canada?

zW3AMEx.jpg

Depends on what you call fossils, I still listen to Boards.

My flag is my avatar:

WIVloTi.jpg

Which is inspired by the original NASA Ares logo:

Ares_logo.jpg

...but with Kerbalized planets and moons (Jool, Duna, Eve in the background, with the path thru Mun and Minimus.)

On ‎1‎/‎19‎/‎2016 at 4:12 PM, Rade Krman said:

I see a lot of you like this one, but you keep making it in the wrong size, so here's a better one:

rpWwvmg.png

I was beginning to wonder about this.

somebodyhorkedourflag.jpg

I'm looking for some Kanadian takes on agencies. Here are examples:

aec.png AEK-Kerbal.png 

And Agencies:

hbk.png kanadiantire.png kbc.png  northwest.png  timkermans.png  rkr.png  

OK maybe the CBC one isn't kerbalized. Any ideas?

Edited by Gordon Fecyk
Forgot one image, sorry

On 4/10/2016 at 9:55 AM, jlcarneiro said:

That's a nice flag! The background looks like Milky Way! ;)

How did you make it?

Do you have it without this triangle/delta symbol?

EDIT: Tried to mix your flag with @ericwdhs' (here) inspired by the TED @Achenar linked here, and got this (2x resolution, transparent background):

xuRqHR8.png

I tried to show Kerbin, Mün, Minmus and the trajectory of a rocket going beyond their SOI.

Reviews are welcome... ;)

Thank you and I tried to make it like that!

I had mine in x3 resolution and used mostly paintbrush to try and have blurred edges so objects in the picture didn't have hard outlines and everything else was kind of winging it

I mostly just went off some posters of national parks from years ago like these

Spoiler

2802_2eb5657d37f474e4c4cf01e4882b8962.pn

And here is a version of my flag without the Delta:

M84Wh5C.png

I also like the version you've made as well, good work :D

On 4/10/2016 at 11:25 AM, ferrer said:

yi6bTuy.png

Not sure which to pick, so feedback is more than welcome!

I quite like this one, the fact that it is off-centered just kind of brings it all together for me, but im sure you can even edit the one that is centered to where it is on a transparent background so it can be used as a symbol aswell

Edited by Eussorus

12 hours ago, MainSailor said:

The roundel could be replaced with the silhouette of a Kerbal's head. The half rounds would be like the top half?

Like this? I don't know... what do you all think of it? I know the scaled (64 x 40) version of it needs work yet.

kbc-kerbalized.png

So, since I couldn't play KSP the way I want to since most of my mods are still not updated, I'm getting a lot more ambitious these days with KSP and have decided that I want to start making flags and mission insignia and the like for my missions. I'm proficient in all of the various Adobe Creative Suite bits and bobs so I whipped together some designs in Illustrator, I'm drawing heavily upon NASA for my inspiration, which will be obvious when you look at what I've made. I've named the agency the Kerbin Aeronautics and Space Administration after NASA, which is totally cliche but, really, I couldn't think of a more befitting name for the sole planetary space agency so there we are.

First and foremost, I went and made the KASA version of the NASA Seal. I'm not really sure where it might get put to use but it was something to do and seemed like something that a proper space agency would have.

CPmOaMq.png

Notably the Mun and Minimus can be seen in the background of the seal with the iconic KSP rocket headed out of frame evoking feelings of expansion and exploration. The motto "E Kerbin ad astra per calamitatis" is roughly translated from Latin as "From Kerbin to the stars through calamity"  which I thought was especially fitting considering the propensity for disaster that seems to come naturally to any Kerbal-involved endeavor.

Seal done, the next logical step was the KASA logo. I originally went for a much closer reproduction of the classic NASA meatball but the text just wasn't working for me so I went for a hybrid design pairing a meatball-esque design with a replica of the NASA Worm logo of the 1970s-90s. I'm pretty pleased with how it came out, here it is on a flag:

rw9sVMj.png

Three game-friendly scale versions: (from left to right: flag, flag decal (no fabric effect), logo decal (transparent bg))

XK56G5j.png  Ncn92TA.png  SWATNFJ.png

If anybody wants to use these logos for personal use feel free, I have uploaded high resolution versions of each to my DeviantArt page:

Seal

Logo

Flag

Seal - Mission Control

If you want to use the logos in another project please contact me first to be sure I'm on board but generally speaking I'm easy going, all systems should be go and the launch window should be nominal, just ask!

6 minutes ago, jlcarneiro said:

Indeed, that's a nice motto, and great logo and seal, congrats!

If I may, I'd like to suggest a little change on the motto... AFAIK, in latin, that should be something like "A Kerbin ad astra per calamitas", shouldn't it?

I dunno, your guess is as good as mine, I did my best to piece it together with what I know and some assistance from Google Translate. Since 'E pluribus unum' means 'Out of many, one' transposing the E seemed to me to translate to 'Out of/From Kerbin'

According to some quick Google checking, from in Latin can be any of the following: a, ex, ,de, ab, e, abs

Which to use when? I haven't the foggiest. :X

Edited by Fallarnon

Just now, Fallarnon said:

I dunno, your guess is as good as mine, I did my best to piece it together with what I know and some assistance from Google Translate. Since 'E pluribus unum' means 'Out of many, one' transposing the E seemed to me to translate to 'Out of/From Kerbin'

Same here, a lot of Google Translate help and some compared translation! :wink:

I searched here: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Latin_phrases_(full)

a caelo usque ad centrum    (from the sky to the center)
a capite ad calcem (from head to heel)

Feel free to keep it, I'm definitely NOT sure... :wink:

Just now, jlcarneiro said:

Same here, a lot of Google Translate help and some compared translation! :wink:

I searched here: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Latin_phrases_(full)

a caelo usque ad centrum    (from the sky to the center)
a capite ad calcem (from head to heel)

Feel free to keep it, I'm definitely NOT sure... :wink:

That definitely makes two of us :D

Awesome thread!
Here are some of my flags, most of them abstract or for my latest playthrough named Division 64 (due to the celebration of 64bit support).
For those who are interested: LXIV is roman for 64 and the flag with dots has - you guessed right! - 64 of them, each randomly colored to symbolize all the unforseen catastrophies we will encounter.
Feel free to use them yourself. I'll probably make more at some point =)

Edited by cordilon

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.