Show off your flags MEGATHREAD

geb

• 2 weeks later...
On 9/23/2016 at 0:17 AM, max_creative said:

I need a creativity aerospace flag with Dres on it... I currently use the "satellite" flag. Which is OK, but I need my own... ;.;

Consider your need, met. :wink:

VofQu8Z.png 

Edited by JadeOfMaar

QJM7J6A.png

Latin for "The sun shines for everyone".

That used to be my Battle Cry in a mud (multi-user dungeon), called "Midnight Sun 2". It was meant to be sarcastic, because I used it when I was about to kill another monster. Since I use the same username here on the forum, I suddenly realized that this is actually really fitting for KSP too. So, I fired up the Gimp, pasted 2 pictures (banner & sun) together, added some text, and I made myself a flag. :) 

On 25.7.2014 at 5:33 PM, KingPhantom said:

you can find my flags here:

http://omfg.ch/ksp/flags/

feel free to download and use them! i will update them and add some more i think.

the grey one with the kerbin system (WITH minmus - not only mun like on the stock flag) is my favorit in the moment.

i will also add a MOD download link when i'm at home where you can donwload all the flags in one simple and easy mod!

very small updates... have to do more!

i got very good inspirations here. i really like some versions here. thank you all for sharing!

edit: added mission flags for every planet (-system) in ksp. you will spot them easy

Edited by KingPhantom

On 10.11.2016 at 3:17 PM, KingPhantom said:

very small updates... have to do more!

i got very good inspirations here. i really like some versions here. thank you all for sharing!

edit: added mission flags for every planet (-system) in ksp. you will spot them easy

Did another Update:

Second Page & Mod for Planet Flags & Badges only

Click here: http://omfg.ch/ksp/flags/planets/

or use the link on the "mainpage": http://omfg.ch/ksp/flags/

HF! :)

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

After watching a video describing vexillology and how some cities have terrible flags, and how some cities have great flags, I have decided to take it upon myself to remake this following the rules more strictly. 7ypgkKR.png

Although I'm probably still gonna keep the rainbow and break a rule with that, maybe rework the plane, remove the runway. I don't quite know if I'm going to keep the lettering. Perhaps make the lettering bigger? One of the rules is that you should test it on a 1 x 1 1/2 inch piece of paper so that if it does not fit on the design, it's gotta be reworked. I'll brainstorm a couple ideas about how to fix the plane, and come back with a better design... if I remember to work on it.

Like to use fictional flags and such, sometimes historical too. 

Spoiler

2af425a189.png072441cf25.png8d53525601.png

So far these are the three flags I've cycled through in my ongoing save game, representing changes in the government, etc.  (adding a bit of story to it)  their is another flag as well, however it is almost identical to the top one, just a different eagle, and the olive branch goes around it, as opposed to containing a sort of Swiss like cross.  The 1st flag I used was the Roman like flag, with the eagle, which was the "Union of Confederacies" flag.  The second flag was the Grand Union flag, using the Union Jack to show a more republic like nation.  Interestingly, the Grand Union flag was the original US flag, before it was the stars.  The current one is the German Empire war ensign, representing a more Monarchy like government, with a king/queen, as opposed to the emperor ruled original rendition.  It also has a Union Jack on it.  The Union Jack is cool looking, what can I say. 

Overall, I've changed it quite a few times.  I've even gone to the moon with each one of the flags, and have all 3 planted next to each other, as well as the Grand Union flag and Imperial German style flag next to each other on Laythe as well. 

Spoiler

ee45a417e7.png662c2d705e.png

Not sure which one I will use next, maybe a Scandinavian style flag, perhaps.  It'll probably be a while before I change the flag again, the current one looks pretty cool, and was a bit of a pain to Photoshop oddly enough. 

Edited by RandomUser

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.