Show off your flags MEGATHREAD

geb

Have to post a dropbox link as both Flickr and Imgur simply will not allow me to drop an image link here, and directly throwing the dropbox link in the image link section not only does not allow upload but attempting to do so locks up my browser, and I have to re-open this thread. Probably due to lack of drive space.

I've been told dropbox links expire rather quickly, but it's the best I can do to contribute atm.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/s1aomwjuhvg1xe9/M2M12.png?dl=0 

I wasn't thinking and didn't save a .psd or other copy of it in a format that maintains layering, so it's kind of low quality and I don't have the original to render in non-flag full-resolution, but I had fun cobbling it together with my rather mediocre photo editing skills. Best I have saved is this image, double the resolution of KSP flags for sake of visual fidelity, the actual flag render looks terrible when not viewed in the game.

Nothing fancy, will probably revise if this particular career play-through continues to be successful. (Definition of success being purely relative, here... not crashing & burning is something I consider a success, still coming to grips with the game myself.)

Cool designs, folks. I'm going to sift this thread front to back sometime, good inspiration for future flag ideas.

• 1 month later...

Here's the flags I've been using lately, I can't decide which one I like better:

First I changed the font for all the text in the default flag to the old NASA worm font:

defaultWORM_zpskqmtkjqs.png~original

then I also made a flag based on the logo on the Kerbal's spacesuits and hardhats in game, which also uses the worm font.

KSP_zps3ukjra42.png~original

I know a lot of people don't like the worm logo, but that is the NASA logo I grew up with.

Edited by Capt. Hunt

2 hours ago, Hypercosmic said:

yes.

2 hours ago, TopHeavy11 said:

Let me guess what it's based on...

Hide contents
  Hide contents
  Hide contents
  Hide contents

Undertale I presume?

The Delta Rune...or should I say: the Delta-V Rune?

20 hours ago, cubinator said:

The triangles are kind of like that...:P

Maybe add a V around the other planets on the design. That would symbolize the "v" part of "delta-v" better in my opinion.

8 minutes ago, TopHeavy11 said:

Maybe add a V around the other planets on the design. That would symbolize the "v" part of "delta-v" better in my opinion.

I think I'd prefer to keep it closer to the original Delta Rune.

7 minutes ago, cubinator said:

I think I'd prefer to keep it closer to the original Delta Rune.

Fair enough. Side note, we have been clogging up  this flag mega thread with a discussion on a single flags design on how to make it look cooler. Lets let people actually have a chance to post their flags now, shall we?

• 1 month later...
This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.