Show off your flags MEGATHREAD

geb

• 2 weeks later...

I had to rush this, but finally, after many months I finally made a flag for my agent, Deep Sky, and a config for it too, as part of my mod, Airline Kuisine.

Before I knew KSP, these things were going to have a golden palette reflecting Venus. The current colors and obviously the name therefore reflect the stock planet Eve, and the purple moon Catullus in GPP.

2E1ovFN.png

The shape below is the original logo shape whereas the rectangle above only exists to completely fill the area of a flag part/module. It actually means to resemble a wi-fi signal icon, with four major segments by color for the strength levels of a signal. It does not borrow from any of those "pride" logo things.

ud4cTKA.png

Edited by JadeOfMaar

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...

When I made this I had no idea which inspiring quote I should've chosen, so I filled it with Hitchhiker's guide referencesHASgPLR.png

Plus I like to think it helps my kerbals to always sit back and relax, even when facing some minor issues:

HlKWytm.jpg

• 2 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...

Hi Kerbals :) 

I couldn't resist showing off my new mission flag!  It's so much better than my last attempt.  The idea came from a large yellow sticker I used to have on my old motorcycle.

IyIKVk3.png

YNZRz2h.png

Edited by NewtSoup

As part of a headcanon storyline from a few years back, I made some national flags.

My design philosophy favors the use of flat graphics with significantly contrasting colors, avoiding text and gradient effects. I also arranged various elements such that the flag would remain recognizable even when distorted from flapping in the wind or rendered in monochrome (such as equipment stencils).

nYIt7lW.png

Confederate States

Analogous to the modern United States, a democratic Federal Republic with an economy based on the sciences, robotics and medical innovation.

a47dWjp.png

Krussia

Analogous to modern Russia, with an economy based on heavy industry, forestry and mineral extraction.

I2pQVx7.png

Krussian People's Republic [DEFUNCT]

Predecessor to Krussia, a Communist state founded after the overthrow of the ruling monarch Kzar Nikolas I. Noted for its military and industrial might during the Great Kerbin War.

5pelccS.png

Honko Co-Prosperity Union

Analogous to a modern, capitalist China, with an economy based mainly on agriculture and aquaculture, but is transitioning towards manufacturing.

5nL7QKy.png

Honko Hegemony [DEFUNCT]

Predecessor to the Honko Co-Prosperity Union, and analogous to the waning days of Imperial China / WWII Japan. Ruled by a long line of Blessed Heavenly Emperors for centuries. Most of the population were peasants and merchants supporting a small feudal and imperial elite.

lT1hylA.png

Keinsberg

Analogous to postwar Germany / France, famed for its cuisine, brewed beverages, castles and landscapes.

BrmIBCk.png

Special Administrative Region of Keinsberg [DEFUNCT]

Puppet state created during the KPR occupation of Keinsberg, while a resistance movement formed by oppressed citizens secretly continued supporting the Confederate States.

CXkdQC1.png

United Kingdom of Kritannia

Analogous to Britain / England, a seafaring nation boasting one of the most powerful navies on Kerbin, with many former colonies now part of the Kritannian Commonwealth.

HegzVwP.png

Kerimera

Analogous to the Mediterranean, with a rich history as the center of the Ancient Karimos civilisation. Economy heavily based on tourism, which the local government wants diversify away from.

dYmiHIX.png

Kashkeeree Republic

Analogous to the Middle East, wealthy due to apparently bottomless oil reserves. Whilst its numerous ethnic groups have lived together in harmony for centuries, it was previously ruled by a Khanate.

mDeOqR1.png

Kantana

Analogous to Spain, and a rival to Kritannia during the colonial era. Many of Kerbin’s greatest artists and architects were either Kantan natives, or studied there.

lTzweAP.png

Isla Muna

A former colony of Kantana, and now a Banana Republic with successive generations of eccentric leadership. Primary exports include tropical fruit, rubber and coffee beans.

n85xCe5.png

Ikxcal

Analogous to Mexico, famed for its colorful cultural history and cuisine, a combination of native Ikxcan and colonial Kantanan influences. PLATOON, software publisher of the hit computer game "Human Space Program", is based in the capital of La Ciuda.

nMwnqPC.png

Kerbal Federation

Unified world government founded at the end of the Great Kerbin War through the Kerbal Armistice Constitution of KY 498. A constitutional, liberal, and representative democracy governed by a council of representatives from each major nation-state, whose seat of government, legislature and judiciary is located in the Confederate States capital, Kerbin City.

So here's my first custom flag that I made today, it's a bit simplistic my but I think it went alright.

WUmGETO.png

I made it using Pixlr, and it probably took me about 30 minutes (I hadn't used Pixlr before this OK?)

Edit: I had another go and this is what I came up with:

UA8fJbD.png

At least it doesn't look like I made it in paint this time, :P (Although I do think this concept has been done to death already).

Edit (2): Ok, I may have gotten waaaaay too into the whole making flags thing. It's 2:00am and I'm sitting in the dark making pretty .png images for a videogame, I don't understand how it came to this :confused:{EXISTENTIALISM INTENSIFIES}. Anyway, here's my newest flag I guess...

9WLSlJt.png

Edit (3): I made another one, this time I tried to make it look more like a genuine logo, and I think it looks pretty damn good. This is the one I'm using for my career save now. :)

rJ3lEYH.png

Edited by Ol’ Musky Boi

For a year or so (as long as I've been active in KSP) my standard corporate logo/flag has been this one:

Untied TechnologiesUntied%20Tech.png

And then I made this one for a flight team...

Green Cherubs Precarious Flight TeamGreen%20Cherubs.png

And a few more for various factions that I play with...

Krakonian EmpireKrakonian.png

Kerbin Defense DirectorateKerbin%20Defense%20Directorate.png

KASAKASA.png

But since the recent 1.4 update and addition of craft specific flags; it opened the door for me to start creating craft nose art or mascot style livery flags and in the last month I've made the following...   

SP-06 Star Ranger Craft Star%20Ranger.pnghttps://kerbalx.com/XLjedi/SP-06-Star-Ranger

A-30 Thunder Bop II  Thunder%20Bop%20II.pnghttps://kerbalx.com/XLjedi/A-30-Thunder-Bop-II

FA-41 DawnDelta_Dawn.png(my latest craft coming soon to KerbalX)

10 hours ago, RealKerbal3x said:

Wait, 1.4 added craft specific flags? How did I not know about this??

How do you use them??

Now when you save your craft, whatever flag you have assigned to it is saved with the craft.  So next time you load it, the associated flag loads with the craft.  So it's possible now to have a flag flying over the KSC that is different than craft-specific flags you might load for each craft.

• 1 month later...

I Once displayed some really crazy/wacky KSP contraption to some friends on discord and this was one of their reactions
What.png
Then for I don't remember why reasons, i decided to take a screenshot of that comment and make it into a flag.
Now half the kerbol system is littered with this flag from various mission.
I'm still proudly flying under this flag and it still occasionally make me laugh seeing it when putting up a flag on and have this pic jump up.

• 2 months later...
This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.