Show off your flags MEGATHREAD

geb

• 3 weeks later...

One more flag to add to my roster: Engineering.

[TABLE=class: thin]

[TR]

[TD]

Engineering512.png

Engineering

[/TD]

[/TR]

[/TABLE]

Not exactly what I was originally going for, so I struggled with the design for a little bit. In the end the spanner works out better than a hammer or a caliper did... though it'd be a bit more humorous if the kerbal was hanging off of it. I just couldn't get that design to work in a way that it felt like the other flags. Might still have 1 or 2 other designs to fit into this little flag series, depending on a few things. I might also finish off the alternate version of this that uses a hammer. Or a caliper. Or a hammer and a caliper. We'll see.

(Link to my older flags for reference.)

I actually had the thought of creating a unique flag per mission, kind of like how each NASA STS mission had its own.

Sounds really cool but I may later balk due to the extra time and work involved as my laziness takes over. In that case I'd probably default to a pirate flag or US flag.

I created a bunch of flags that are simply versions of the main flag I use (which and abbreviated version is my avatar). There's a version for military equipment, a version for colonies, and even a version for space stations. I wish there was a way to have a secondary flag - that way I could have both a "national" flag on the craft and then the second one could be for naming of the ships or stations. Maybe a future release of a mod or KSP will allow this...

For my own game I've made some flags that are based on Earth flags, but are intentionally just a tiny bit "off". Maybe someone else might like them as well :)

Since they appear relatively small most of the time, I decided to reduce detail as much as possible. For example, the stand-in for the US flag only has four stripes instead of thirteen and only has one "star". For the others there wasn't actually a lot to do - they are pretty much reduced to the minimum already. So just to fit in with the theme of the US knock-off I decided to alter the proportions of the tricolores a bit.

qe63jMX.png

Javascript is disabled. View full album

EDIT: No Logo on the flags:

Edited by Josson K.

Hns9ku8.png

It is in the size compatible for the game, so maybe a bit small for here, but yeah

As I'm not too good with photoshop, the picture consists of my steam logo, the Dutch flag and a part from one of the standard flags (If anyone knows what that steam thing is, PM me, I put it as avatar when I created steam and have no idea where it is from)

For my own game I've made some flags that are based on Earth flags, but are intentionally just a bit "off". Maybe someone else might like them as well :)

http://i.imgur.com/qe63jMX.png

http://imgur.com/a/hNcE9

Those are awesome... but can you provide them without the Minimalist texture-layer? It always seems weird to have "Minimalist-ed" flags painted on the sides of my rockets...

(And as a second question, do you have any objection if I bogart one of those for the agency flag in my next Mission Report career?)

I made this yesterday in GIMP. The writing on the top is the official motto of all my space programs. I wish I could have figured out how to make it less pixelated, though.

TdvP85R.png

Edited by Ekken

I made this yesterday in GIMP. The writing on the top is the official motto of all my space programs. I wish I could have figured out how to make it less pixelated, though.

Hi. To put an image in a forum post, you need to upload it somewhere public and link to it from there. Imgur tends to be one of the popular image hosts, but it doesn't matter so long as you can put a link to it inbetween an %7Boption%7D tag-pair. Including the image as base64 in the post tends not to work.

HTH.

http://i.imgur.com/TdvP85R.png

To fix that, your best bet would be to temporarily remove the text on the top and then run it through some anti-aliasing effects found in GIMP. Once it looks good you can re-add the text but I'd recommend a slightly larger font.

You really do have a nice flag there!

Sure, no problem. I've edited my original post. And I have no objections at all - I'm happy that someone wants to actually use my very simple doodles :D

Very cool. Thanks!

I'm curious what you would make of kerbalized versions of the Scandinavian countries.

Might also need to figure out a kerbalized name for Germany...

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.