Show off your flags MEGATHREAD

geb

So while waiting for 1.1 I decided to give making a flag a go - never done any logo stuff or graphical design. Absolute Horizon Aersopace (AHA):

zab26c7.png

Somehow the full name just made the flag too crowded so I settled for Absolute Horizon.

2 hours ago, Achernar said:

I found direction and inspiration from watching this ted talk; (The Worst-Designed Thing You've Never Noticed)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pnv5iKB2hl4

A handful of designs followed and they evolved into; A launch from Kerbin that splits the moons as it voyages into the cosmos;

pRRdmo7.png

NKWz8Ew.png

Really cool! Not only is it in the shape of K but it also more or less represents the dV needed. Now I need to design something smart too. :confused:

11 hours ago, Achernar said:

I found direction and inspiration from watching this ted talk; (The Worst-Designed Thing You've Never Noticed)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pnv5iKB2hl4

A handful of designs followed and they evolved into; A launch from Kerbin that splits the moons as it voyages into the cosmos;

pRRdmo7.png

Very kool concept. Great idea!

21 hours ago, theend3r said:

Really cool! Not only is it in the shape of K but it also more or less represents the dV needed. Now I need to design something smart too. :confused:

13 hours ago, Enceos said:

Very kool concept. Great idea!

The K was a founding thought, but I didn't notice the delta-v. I keep looking at it thinking, wow, delta-v's in there. Thanks.

I've been using the same basic flag since I discovered I could import my own in .22 about three years ago...

Kerbal%20Nation%20Original_zpsz06gowxe_1

At the same time, I created a corporate flag for Kersplat Aerospace Industries:

Picturex_zps3941fe5a.png

And now, after nearly three years, KAI has changed to a less graphic logo with a transparent background to be used with all demonstrator aircraft and space vehicles...

YgHZ4OK.png

Well, of course here's my basic one:

aOMmeO6.png

And then like @adsii1970 (who I'm guessing was born the same year I was? Whoa!) I made a roundel to go on Kerbfleet's new "Star Trek" inspired duty uniforms:

RybPNp9.png

Then of course there's the flag of our 'mirror mirror' adversaries, the Kerbulans:

5MDg25f.png

And finally, the one we use for simulations. In-story, simulations are perfomed using a program developed by a senior member of the Kerbfleet Corps of Engineers:

HxplPKl.png

43 minutes ago, Kuzzter said:

And then like @adsii1970 (who I'm guessing was born the same year I was? Whoa!)...

++ edited for relevant content ++

Yep, that's correct. a child of the 1970s and 1980s... And like you, I was inspired by Star Trek when I created this image for my brave Kebalnauts. The intent was to have a storyline kind of thread where a "wall of fame" would exist for those who were a part of some deep space mission. It was based on this Star Trek insignia...

1a88_star_trek_voyager_communicator_badg       xiRj4lt.png?1

On 4/4/2016 at 7:40 PM, cubinator said:

No bug-swatting flags in honor of the 1.1 prerelease?

@cubinator: Because you asked...

dBZdI3H.png?1

It's on a white background... and of course, IMGUR does change the size. If you want it as a flag, let me know and I will give you the github address...

1 hour ago, adsii1970 said:

@cubinator: Because you asked...

dBZdI3H.png?1

It's on a white background... and of course, IMGUR does change the size. If you want it as a flag, let me know and I will give you the github address...

I would absolutely use this for my space program!

Edited by cubinator

1 hour ago, cubinator said:

I would absolutely use this for my space program!

@cubinator - I've tried to use GitHub (and maybe someone can tell me how to create downloadable flag packs that are CKAN compatible), and failed. So, here's a link to the file in Dropbox... https://www.dropbox.com/sh/sv1zez5ou414psl/AACg8iVz8DB0K8PGeGQMrANka?dl=0

Oh, and be sure to share a pic or two of it in use... I'd love to see it!

Edited by adsii1970

27 minutes ago, adsii1970 said:

@cubinator - I've tried to use GitHub (and maybe someone can tell me how to create downloadable flag packs that are CKAN compatible), and failed. So, here's a link to the file in Dropbox... https://www.dropbox.com/sh/sv1zez5ou414psl/AACg8iVz8DB0K8PGeGQMrANka?dl=0

Thanks! I'll try it when I finish updating my Mun Elcano thread. :)

BTW the dropbox link you sent me doesn't seem to contain the flag; I dragged the picture into the Gamedata/Squad/Flags folder and it works fine though!

Edited by cubinator

7 hours ago, max_creative said:

I just use the kerbin mun Minmus flag. Can somebody please tell me how to get custom flags? I really want a Dres flag.

Here you go:

3SwqwYu.png

Installation Instructions:

Spoiler

To install right click it, click "copy", then go to your files and find the Kerbal Space Program file, click on "Gamedata", then click on "Squad", then click on "Flags", right click in an empty area and click "paste", then right click it, click "rename", and type "Dres Flag".

Then load up KSP, go to the Space Center, click the flag in front of the Astronaut Complex, and select the Dres flag as your new flag! Although the flags of vessels already launched won't be changed, any new ships launched will have the Dres flag on them.

Just made this real quick, based it off several national park posters from a while back :D

Cjpl9g4.png

Its a transparent aswell so that its simply a symbol on rockets, but has a white background on flags ^-^

Edited by Eussorus

9 hours ago, Eussorus said:

Just made this real quick, based it off several national park posters from a while back :D

ugkH5tN.png

Its a transparent aswell so that its simply a symbol on rockets, but has a white background on flags ^-^

That's a nice flag! The background looks like Milky Way! ;)

How did you make it?

Do you have it without this triangle/delta symbol?

EDIT: Tried to mix your flag with @ericwdhs' (here) inspired by the TED @Achenar linked here, and got this (2x resolution, transparent background):

xuRqHR8.png

I tried to show Kerbin, Mün, Minmus and the trajectory of a rocket going beyond their SOI.

Reviews are welcome... ;)

Edited by jlcarneiro

I'm going to start playing again when 1.1 is (post-pre-) released, and on my old saves I never had a custom flag, so I ended up making this:

DiR4lRM.png

And a couple of variations:

yi6bTuy.png

GFslTXl.png

Not sure which to pick, so feedback is more than welcome!

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.