Show off your flags MEGATHREAD

geb

• 2 weeks later...

I've been messing around in GMOD (completely unrelated) remaking aircraft insignia.. Would be nice to have an insignia option for fuselage, but I digress. I might yoink some ideas from aircraft insignias and put them as a flag, but for now I've got this:

7ypgkKR.png

Kraken Aerodynamic Research.. I think? I haven't looked at any of the descriptions of planes I've made lately, considering it's a fictional company and all. No relevance to land vehicles.

US+flag+shorts+on+Mars+from+Rocketman+19

Bonus points if you can make the underwear as a flag.

Edited by Kraken1

I made a prototype of the Rocketman Shorts.

SXqLjuK.png

Should I continue working on it? I'm not sure if I should just leave the rest of the canvas blank so that it looks like it's a pair of shorts, and then you can adjust the background color relative to mission, or if I should fill it with something else.

This is my main one. "Jade Gothic," no particular organization name.

NOwXA59.png

But this one is for an engineering company that finally and magically sprouted when I realized a serious trend forming in my aircraft designs-- particularly in the propulsion area.

Fort NOX. No special suffix like "Industries, Aerospace, etc" whatever. Just Fort NOX :) There's an alternate version with more additions and fits a square frame, for use as decals.

MEWW0L7.png

Spoiler

vxeKovv.png

I have a second organization coming but its flag design hasn't matured enough in my mind as yet.

I've made a few other flags but not for myself. If it's okay to show them, let me know and I will.

• 4 weeks later...

Ooh! Ooh! I maded a flag!

WjSZP4a.jpg

This is the flag of the Imperial Raketecorps (Kaiserliche Raketecorps? it has been a long, long while since I last spoke German), the Holy Roman Empire's rocketry division in 1950 alternate Earth where neither side won the Great War and the Central Powers (sans Turkey) were forced to reorganize in the post-War collapse.

(I've been considering writing a series of mission reports/narrative about the world and the space program with pictures from my RSS install, but if we're honest I just haven't had the time.)

I tried but I seem to lack the knowledge to crop and resize my first attempt. Can someone help? Will it automagically look wavy when a flag is planted or is there more to do here?

FFvuyqq.png

The inspiration for this came while watching a soccer game (football to the rest of the world). The home team our local boys were facing used these colors. At first I thought they looked uhmmm, different, but it occurred to me they were actually quite Kerbal. The layout is extremely vaguely based on the local teams logo. I chose not to use a 5 or 6 point star as they are earthly symbols. 

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.