Orion aka "Ol' Boom-boom"

nyrath

Yep. The stack nodes need the vector rearranged for v1.0+. That means you'll be able to stack the parts, but the module to make pulsed drives work, doesn't. You can still check to see if your boosters can loft an Orion into orbit, but the Orion won't work just yet.

But, Orion IS my booster

in what progaming language is this writen?

I think modules are MS Visual C#, using some libraries from KSP and Unity. It wasn't perl, bash etc, so I ran away.

The last few tutes from Nifty255 listed on http://forum.kerbalspaceprogram.com/threads/94638-Mod-Development-Links-Compilation-START-HERE cover modules etc.

Edited by TiktaalikDreaming
updated with info link

Tried this out in both 0.25 and 0.90 and I have one problem I'm hoping maybe someone else can help me with.

I can't get it to stop feeding bombs. That is to say, right clicking and pressing the "Kill 20MN" button does nothing. Nor does using an action group that has "Kill 20MN" in it. I want to be able to switch from 20 to 3.5, or to shut off the orion entirely and use radially attached "trim thrusters", but as of right now I can't figure out how to do either of these things because of this problem.

Tried this out in both 0.25 and 0.90 and I have one problem I'm hoping maybe someone else can help me with.

I can't get it to stop feeding bombs. That is to say, right clicking and pressing the "Kill 20MN" button does nothing. Nor does using an action group that has "Kill 20MN" in it. I want to be able to switch from 20 to 3.5, or to shut off the orion entirely and use radially attached "trim thrusters", but as of right now I can't figure out how to do either of these things because of this problem.

Link the actions to a control group and it tends to work then.

• 4 weeks later...
The brutal truth is that this mod hasn't seen any real development since 0.25, it limped along in 0.90, post 1.0 I see no sign of it not being effectively dead

True. This mod needs to be adopted or integrated by another developer. Too bad the mod doesn't contain any license

Edited by FreeThinker

True. This mod needs to be adopted or integrated by another developer. Too bad the mod doesn't contain any license

From the top of every piece of source code;

[FONT=Consolas] [FONT=Consolas] [COLOR=#888888][I]Author[/I][/COLOR][COLOR=#888888][I]:[/I][/COLOR][COLOR=#888888][I]Winchell [/I][/COLOR][COLOR=#888888][I]Chung[/I][/COLOR][COLOR=#888888][I] AKA[/I][/COLOR][COLOR=#888888][I] Nyrath[/I][/COLOR]
[COLOR=#888888][I]License[/I][/COLOR][COLOR=#888888][I]:[/I][/COLOR][COLOR=#888888][I]This [/I][/COLOR][COLOR=#888888][I]work[/I][/COLOR][COLOR=#888888][I] is [/I][/COLOR][COLOR=#888888][I]licensed[/I][/COLOR][COLOR=#888888][I] under [/I][/COLOR][COLOR=#888888][I]a[/I][/COLOR][COLOR=#888888][I] Creative[/I][/COLOR][COLOR=#888888][I]Commons[/I][/COLOR][COLOR=#888888][I]Attribution[/I][/COLOR][COLOR=#888888][I]-[/I][/COLOR][COLOR=#888888][I]ShareAlike[/I][/COLOR][COLOR=#888888][I]3[/I][/COLOR][COLOR=#888888][I].[/I][/COLOR][COLOR=#888888][I]0[/I][/COLOR][COLOR=#888888][I]Unported[/I][/COLOR][COLOR=#888888][I]3[/I][/COLOR][COLOR=#888888][I].[/I][/COLOR][COLOR=#888888][I]0[/I][/COLOR][COLOR=#888888][I]Unported[/I][/COLOR][COLOR=#888888][I]License[/I][/COLOR][COLOR=#888888][I].[/I][/COLOR]
[COLOR=#888888][I]http[/I][/COLOR][COLOR=#888888][I]:[/I][/COLOR][COLOR=#888888][I]/[/I][/COLOR][COLOR=#888888][I]/[/I][/COLOR][COLOR=#888888][I]creativecommons[/I][/COLOR][COLOR=#888888][I].[/I][/COLOR][COLOR=#888888][I]org[/I][/COLOR][COLOR=#888888][I]/[/I][/COLOR][COLOR=#888888][I]licenses[/I][/COLOR][COLOR=#888888][I]/[/I][/COLOR][COLOR=#888888][I]by[/I][/COLOR][COLOR=#888888][I]-[/I][/COLOR][COLOR=#888888][I]sa[/I][/COLOR][COLOR=#888888][I]/[/I][/COLOR][COLOR=#888888][I]3[/I][/COLOR][COLOR=#888888][I].[/I][/COLOR][COLOR=#888888][I]0[/I][/COLOR][COLOR=#888888][I]/[/I][/COLOR]
[/FONT][/FONT]

- - - Updated - - -

do you know why? TiktaalikDreaming

So far, I've just looked at effects in game. I don't even know how to begin debuging this sort of thing yet.

Now all we need is someone willing who can code.

I'm willing, can code in completely different languages and have downloaded some Visual Studio thing. Gotta say there's a learning curve here that's a bit steep.

Anyway, after doing a helloworld to get the absolute basics down, at least now I know where the logs should be.

Seems (in v1.0.4 with current USAFOrion dlls) I get the following, which *seems* like it might be the problem;

MissingFieldException: Field '.Part.temperature' not found.
at USAFOrion.OrionPusherPlate.doPlateAnimation () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

at USAFOrion.OrionPusherPlate.onActiveFixedUpdate () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

at Part.FixedUpdate () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

(Filename: Line: -1)

I'm gonna start up the old 0.9 to check that doesn't happen in there, aka background noise.

- - - Updated - - -

And the log from a 0.9 that has a working USAFOrion mod;

activating stage 1 - current stage: 2

(Filename: C:/BuildAgent/work/d63dfc6385190b60/artifacts/StandalonePlayerGenerated/UnityEngineDebug.cpp Line: 49)

[USAFOrionEngineExposed]: Activated

(Filename: C:/BuildAgent/work/d63dfc6385190b60/artifacts/StandalonePlayerGenerated/UnityEngineDebug.cpp Line: 49)

[00:00:00]: Liftoff!!

1 explosions created.

1 explosions created.

1 explosions created.

And, I'd forgotten how cool the Orion can be.

Plus, I can't get the old source to compile. I have no idea what I'm doing in Visual Studio or mono, or C#.

If I could sort out some basics of using the VS IDE, having things linked in the right areas, grabbing the current TAClib code (it's on Github) properly (I updated what I have, but there's more to it than what's in Nyrath's source now, not sure if I need the whole lot or not), etc etc, then I can add in some debug messages and maybe find out what's going on.

At the moment, because I can't compile because I can't figure out how things link (or in fact have much idea about what I'm doing) then I doubt even finding the cause (maybe switching .Part.temperature for whatever v1.+ uses as a temp variable) will allow me to fix.

So, more learning C# for me I thinks. Bear with me, this may take months. :-/

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.