How to build something that can hover over one spot for a long time ?

lol I just wasted two hours at it then :P

the docking ports aren't clipped onto the nose cones, there are little cubic struts inside them.

also, do you think the balls will survive being banged around inside the basket during launch? I've got no experience with trying to launch things that aren't connected properly

Ah well, no big loss :D it was fun anyway. Now its time to edit some of my 20 hours of footage I have to go through :\

Edited by HoY

I once tried to launch away with a rover that I had driven into it for the occasion. At 60k meters it clipped through the "garage". Happened over and over again, regardless of what speed I had.

Ended up with putting a docking port on the rover and rocket.

Worked like a charm.

So, yes. I think your eggs will clip through your rocket. But please tell how it went!

If you want to precisely control your altitude then don't use jets and maybe consider installing Mechjeb. the translatron function will keep you at a fixed height (or rise and fall at a rate specified by you) for as long as the fuel holds out.

what mod are you using ?

For the new parts, no mod; I knocked up the parts myself, just cfg file edits. Other than that, FAR/MJ/Damned Robotics/TTwheels are involved in that plane. If there's interest enough then maybe someone who's already got a balanced aero mod can incorporate something similar in it, air-powered RCS does make some sense.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.