Good songs to drift in space to

ahappydude

For drifting in space, "Space Oddity", by David Bowie (a.k.a. "Ground control to Major Tom"), and the three later songs referencing the same character.

But seriously, just about anything works. I remember a Japanese anime series that was a whole bunch of space battles set to various bits of classical music, with the giant battle set to Bolero being the best; my first Mun and Minmus landings were with classical music (the 1812 Overture and the Ride of the Valkyries, respectively). I landed on Eve while listening to Johnny Cash, and most of my initial Jool explorations involved Ray Charles or Metallica. Duna was They Might be Giants, I think.

I quite like some music from Jean-Michel Jarre (Equinoxe and Oxygene are good), Tangerine Dream, Vangeli and such for floating around in space. As well as Hawkwind's "Silver Machine" and Deep Purple's "Space Trucking" and the like too of course :).

Talking of drifting, got me thinking of the piece: The Drifter. A guitar duette with Stefan Grossman & John Renbourn. Very relaxing. Not that i can find a good example of this on youtube or the like.. Classical music works good on Kerbal, in my opinion that is. A bit of futurism and Soviet AvantGarde works for me (not easy listening stuff per se).

Arthur Lourié - Intermezzo (1928) (Soviet AvantGarde)

http://youtu.be/VD1j-IgnLSk

Edited by mosolov

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.