CK 0.8 pack!

mauriciolisco

CK pack 0.8 beta Colony Kit

here is the link to download it:

http://www./download.php?tvl5qbqh2f6cqjt

9u7l1h.png2wnzix4.pngbdwdpx.png

the tanks are made to fit the 2 struts that came with the pack. you can decouple them

the HabContainer is a Crew container that you can put kerbals in it and click control from here.

some other parts i'm planning:

-besides "fuel" and "oxygen" tanks, "supplies crate" maybe, or "medical supplies". please make suggestions!

-other 2 containers with different sizes and shapes, like "command center" or "colony center", please make suggestions!

-strut adapter to 1.25m

this is the first released version, so if someone find bugs, please comment and help me improve it.

thank you

very pretty for your next piece I would go to,

module control mission.

a relay satelite moon.

a module stock

module for repair rover, rocket etc.

a science module

an agricultural unit

a small system for moving the module.

and improvement of the attachment dimension

sorry for my bad english, do not have my mother tongue

This looks fairly interesting.

I can think of a few suggestions.

A power module/station/container. Perhaps with the equivalent of a mini RTG built in, and also a few spots 'marked' for placement of solar panels, and plenty of electrical charge storage.

A 'service module' that carries modest amounts of liquid fuel, oxidizer, mono-propellant and also some electrical charge. Basically meant more for basic space maneuvering and general support than anything else. It could include a hatch and be able to hold a single Kerbal, basically being treated as if it had a basic work space with parts and tools meant for maintenance and such. (the tool/parts stuff being more for fluff text than anything else.)

A mixed fuel tank, with the proper blend of liquid fuel and oxidizer, to better allow symmetrical placement in order to maintain overall weight balance. E.g., 90 units of liquid fuel will weigh more than the 110 units of oxidizer.

A 'life support' module/container. Basically something used to store air, water, food, etc, maybe also have space for a few (or just 1-2) Kerbals since it would double as a basic living space/backup habitation. Sort of like a pantry/break room, in space (or on a moon, or where ever it could be parked at).

Would it be very hard to mount wheels on the habitat container without obstructing the door? Or would some sort of bottom mounted framework be needed for such a thing?

I'll second the idea for specialized landing gear.

I was able to make this fun Mun cargo tug out it.

The only issue I ran into was the massive number of decouplers it has.

It makes it very slow to load in the VAB and the game crashed once going to the launch pad.

On the upside it looks really cool when you decouple all the tanks at once. :)

I would suggest adding more attachment nodes to the HAB (one on all six sides) as it would make it more flexible for building.

zDcB5L3.png

OKWTKQV.png

I was able to make this fun Mun cargo tug out it.

The only issue I ran into was the massive number of decouplers it has.

It makes it very slow to load in the VAB and the game crashed once going to the launch pad.

On the upside it looks really cool when you decouple all the tanks at once. :)

I would suggest adding more attachment nodes to the HAB (one on all six sides) as it would make it more flexible for building.

zDcB5L3.png

OKWTKQV.png

Tommy, can you list the mods you are used for this tug?

Tommy, can you list the mods you are used for this tug?

I think I can identify most if not all of the visible parts on that absolutely beautiful cis-munar cargo tug, as I have had all of them installed at some point.

Kerbal Spaceport links to the parts identified are provided unless I am uncertain of the actual parts used.

Starting at the nose and working towards the engine, I see:

• A Stock Clamp-o-tron docking port
  • 5-way RCS thruster blocks from the RLA - Roemy-Lemdun Atomics Stockalike pack

• MK2 cockpit from the B9 Aerospace Pack
  • What looks like a stock SAS module with an unknown part on it (Best Guess: one of DishyCourier's radial MechJeb parts made to look like HAL from "2001: A Space Odyssey") OR an unknown part that looks like a SAS with something strapped to the side.
  • truss parts from the JARFR Tri-Hexagonal Structural Strut pack mounting a total of 6 modules from this pack
  • Stock Z-500 battery bank with additional 5-way RCS thruster blocks (as used at the nose of the cockpit)
  • combination of fuel tanks and structural truss parts from this pack
  • another stock Z-500 battery with the 5-way RCS thruster blocks on it
  • Nucleonics Ltd. Rocketry Division "Fatman" Series Atomic Rockets Solid-core Nuclear Thermal Engine

I think that covers it, but if I have missed something, don't be afraid to speak up!

by looking at this pic i see i really need to make some textures, specially to the tanks.

and i am making the landing gear!

i am having fun making this, even with my super limited skills

I tend to like simple textures on spacecraft myself.

I think SciMan has it pretty covered.

But you will need a much bigger engine, I used a 40kn one in the picture.

I did a Mun transfer and in took almost a half hour burn and I missed getting into orbit around the Mun.

I think the SAS is from KSPX Parts Expansion:

http://kerbalspaceprogram.com/0-18-4-kspx-parts-expansion/

Edited by Tommygun

That fueltank-strut idea is excellent, although I agree it needs some more texture work.

Also just wondering what you're modeling these in?

I did a Mun transfer and in took almost a half hour burn and I missed getting into orbit around the Mun.

D'oh. It's a tiny engine for tiny ships :3

D'oh. It's a tiny engine for tiny ships :3

Yes, I was thinking I could get away with it for short trips to the Mun, but I'll look at the other bigger engines now.

I'm working on version two of the ship today.

Edit:Well I had hoped without all the little tanks and their decouplers that this craft would be easier on the computer, but it was much worse and crash several times.

I am using several mods that have higher poly counts than most mods. So I believe I can build a similar but smaller version that will work more smoothly.

This version has the 240kn engine and is just barely strong enough for the 212 ton vessel. I may go with the older 400kn engine now.

It's a fun mod and you can make nice looking ships with it, just keep them in the smaller size range.

gHxWvFg.png

ks2Y18s.png

gzZ5cJY.png

Edited by Tommygun

It's a fun mod and you can make nice looking ships with it, just keep them in the smaller size range.

i am sorry for that.

this is the first version i released and didn't optimized the mesh, by reducing polygon count, and the (simple) texture with it is unnecessaryly large. it was a quick upload i made just to see if anybody would download and enjoy.

in about a week i will upload the 0.82 with more parts and i expect it to lag less.

Edited by mauriciolisco

I like it. did get lots of lag when I had 8 of them on a ship but luckily I was just testing a design. I don't know if you can do it but a folding ramp in front of the door would be useful.

LOVE THESE PARTS.

As mentioned, a grouping of them tends to be quite laggy, but I really couldn't care less at the moment, 'cause I'm so darn happy that someone has released a pack that isn't merely a slight variation on the same old themes.

I do have one bit of constructive criticism; the habitat decoupler is rather huge, and a terribly inefficient use of space, so I have been using K-W decouplers on my habitats instead. I think a half-scale version would be better, but even that takes up too much space IMO. I think a redesign with a much lower profile would be ideal, both from a practical perspective, and with regards to realism.

That said, I applaud you for thinking outside of the box. Very well done! =)

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.