CK 0.8 pack!

mauriciolisco

i've spend the afternoon optimizing meshes and textures of already made parts. i may say that the next release will lag much less. and i made this today:

the big C is a heavy, useless and ridiculous piece of kerbal engineering. you will want to land it on the mun.

i tried to make it to combine the same visual style of the other parts i'm doing. it has a main door and a top door that opens and closes separately, it will be in the 0.82 release.

2zs4sw6.jpg295eq88.jpg

thank you, kerbonaut friends

and again, sorry my poor english

I managed to develop a new sort of rocket that landed the habitat onto mun and minmus, made them all "self sufficient" looking containers and launched a 10 container deployer into space, tug included to land each one safely.

Suffice to say it ended very kerbalesque, love the mod.

Personal thoughts regarding the texture, you should try to make it look as stock as possible I think stockalike texture parts are the bomb! Litterally.

does the tanks have a hatch? or iva? please make them too! :)

subscribed

EDIT: my suggestions

Habitation module, where kerbals will spent most of their, hatch and iva included (big and small size)

Storage and Life support module, if using life support mods this would be the module that provides everything

Service Module, where most of the battery, fuel, monopropellant is stored.

Fuel Storage (and empty version)

Kethane Storage

8-way Docking Stations

Edited by lyndonguitar

Looks nice!

My suggestions would be a strong nuclear power generator that either feeds on xenon gas or uses no resource, and a fuel generator (Don't forget monopropellant!) it might look like a drilling platform and uses relatively high amounts of electric charge and preferably only works when parked on a planet.

These blocks should be heavy so you have a reason to do 3 or 4 missions to a planet to get a viable colony.

Think about people who want to put your colony on wheels. ;) Think about little additions, like pluggable windows, small communication dishes, a light.

Another suggestion is a "Research Module", and probably an "Industrial Module", that has no function at all, just for show and roleplaying, but functions as a habitat, but with fewer kerbal capacity and consume tons of electricity, to have the purpose of putting solar panels.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.