That Moment When....

rakutenshi

!

OP (or anyone), what is the LSE? London Stock Exchange!?

Launch Stability Enhancers TT-18A, the red mini-towers that keep your rocket straight till you're ready to launch... or hold on to it and prevent you from launching if you just like to burn fuel and wobble violently.

Launch Stability Enhancers TT-18A, the red mini-towers that keep your rocket straight till you're ready to launch... or hold on to it and prevent you from launching if you just like to burn fuel and wobble violently.

see now I feel like an idiot!! lols, I use them everyday, but I'd always called them launch clamps and never looked too closely at their name!

That moment when you have a staging failure where the launch stabilizer clamps activate first instead of the engines.

I've had far too many of those moments for comfort.

That moment when you've completed a flawless landing on another planet and realize that there's a part blocking the capsule hatch.

That moment when landing a rover on Ike I press the space bar to activate the hovercrane, the game lags, I think I haven't pressed the space bar properly.So I quickly press it again. Doh! Two Ike impacters successful. What Ike rover. ;)

That moment when detached boosters blow up your main fuel tank

Or perhaps the moment when your about to land on the Mun and you realize you have no landing gear.

That moment when, on final approach to the Mün, you deploy your landing gear and realize that it doesn't clear the engine nozzle...

That moment when you realize too late that you clicked "End Flight" instead of "Space Center," and that space station that took so many hours and countless launches to complete is now only a memory.

... and ... that moment when you realize you're out of gin.

You were close enough to start the final docking maneouvres and realised you forgot to put an RCS Tank (or thrusters) on your ship..

You made a minor change in the VAB, went back to the launchpad and tried to take off, only to see your ship shaken about like an angry maraca because you forgot to make sure the LSE was in the

right staging group...

You line up with the node, time warp, and realise you forgot to deploy the solar panels, leaving you with a fully fueled piece of space debris.

I had that first one happen recently... and completed the docking maneuver without them... 3 times! It was a hell of a trip.

I basically had launched an SSTO fighter into orbit, and then realized my mistake when I went to refuel and didn't have RCS. I came full stop in front of the tanker, pegged it on the nose, and gave it a push... managed to make contact and dock and refuel... then I un-docked, dropped into a lower orbit, and promptly forgot about it when I went to work on a new carrier.

Then after putting the carrier up, I realized that my crew was incomplete without Jeb! Looking everywhere for him, I found him on the KSS, noticed there was an SSTO fighter nearby I could use to pick him up, so I grabbed it, went to dock with the KSS to pick up Jeb... and then realized it was the very same fighter with no RCS thrusters! One very agonizingly slow and dodgey approach later, I was docked, EVA'd the pilot into the station and EVA'd jeb into the fighter. At this point I was determined to finish this, or die trying... flew Jeb over to the new carrier, but there was a problem... the only available docking port was perpendicular to the normal, and slowly rotating around the ship. Without RCS thrusters, I couldn't realign and follow it around. I made contact with the docking port, but the mass of the fighter was too great for the little clamp jr to pull around into alignment, and as fast as it did pull it, the carrier rotated further away. After something like 10 minutes of wobbling precariously against the docking port and almost smacking my wings into the other docked fighters several times, it finally docked.

That third one is why I ALWAYS include at least 2 fixed solar panels on every ship now.

And then there was that time I planned out an entire round-trip to Eve, and then realized on approach to Kerbin at the end of the mission that I had forgotten to add a parachute to the return vehicle.

That moment when, during a picture perfect launch, you stage and the bottom of your rocket plows thru the top of your rocket because you staged .25 seconds to early and there was juuust that little bit of fuel in your first stage left to burn.

That moment when....

...you let mechjeb control your launch ascent, and during the gravity turn mechjeb decides to tumble the rocket despite a perfect manual launch history.

...you engage your first ion-engine probe and learn you need 10x the solar power generation.

...you start your mun ascent and run out of fuel before you can circularize.

I sent an probe with 6 landers/ rovers to Mun, planed to land at all the abnormalities. Well I put the decoplers the wrong way blocking the engine. moved all fuel into probe / transfer stage, made the orbit so it just intercepted the ground, decople the reminding 5 rovers and circulated again. Switched view to the rover who was highest up to watch the show, one of the rovers did an cool crash, it came down very shallow, disintegrated and the parts blew up one after each other, except an wheel who was kicked out again did an half orbit and crashed at the other side of the Mun :)

That moment when you finally place a large rover onto Dres, only to have it jitter slightly when at a stop, preventing you from quicksaving or going to the space port. Or that moment when you are in the middle of a beautiful launch and a storm kills the power.

The moment when, after a flawless flight to the Mun, you are on perfect approach to KSC. You've just finished re-entry, the chutes have deployed and you start to breathe a sigh of relief. Then the parachutes catch full atmosphere and your beautifully designed craft is ripped apart by rapid deceleration and crashes in many pieces all over the space port.

The moment when

the kraken attacks...

Your massive ship of 5000000 parts when its in a very low orbit around Kerbol, blowing it into every individual piece, blocking out Kerbol (or at least preventing solar panels from working) and you can't clean it up because a glitch happens where your never allowed to end flight on debris and when you try to use a ship there's soo much debris that it forms an entirly solid ring and every ship only adds to it, and whenever you use rtgs the kraken attacks again so you can do nothing but watch your space program slowly die painfully...

DUN

DUN

DUN!!!

Obviously not gunna happen but still a funny story XD

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.