[0.23.5] Hollow Structures & Hulls (Updated: 2014-04-09)

Alskari

Take your time dude, rl is more important :)

ythe fact that you made this mod alive again is great and we are thankfull! Iva isnt broken for me besides encountering the orientin bugg sometimes.

After switching and/or restarting launch lauunching a new vessel it works so i dont know what you doing wrong, sorry.. Btw check your logfile, it can always give clues

Edited by ahappydude

Ah well some people seem to have gremlins for reasons they can never describe and I can never recreate.

IVA wise: Are you experiencing the error (orientation issues) I have described in the OP? Do you have a fresh (post 4/9/14) install of HSH?

EDIT: I've slowed down a bit on modding as some RL issues are currently demanding more of my time and basically all of my energy. I'll try to get some of the simple stuff knocked out before the weekend, but all new models will be on hold through the weekend.

Yes. The IVA camera is not inside the cockpit at all and is tilted.

I believe I installed the mod yesterday.

Yes. The IVA camera is not inside the cockpit at all and is tilted.

I believe I installed the mod yesterday.

I'm guessing your cockpit is not oriented in the same direction as the root part of the vessel. This is required for the IVA to work while the HSH/SFR module is used. Otherwise the mod may be installed incorrectly.

I'm guessing your cockpit is not oriented in the same direction as the root part of the vessel. This is required for the IVA to work while the HSH/SFR module is used. Otherwise the mod may be installed incorrectly.

My cockpit is the root part. And I installed the mod fine. I'm thinking there may be part of a mod missing, perhaps a compatibility issue with one of the required addons.

• 2 weeks later...

I REALLY like this mod! This is something I've always wanted in the game. One observation though. The game can easily turn into a slideshow in the VAB creating something with the parts, yet when I put it on the launchpad it runs fine. Two things that would be cool is if the camera could be locked within the ship and some way to recreate an artificial gravity field at a designated side of the ship.

Just to clarify I'm not requesting or begging for those features. I'd imagine the first is likely extremely complex and the second completely impossible. Thanks for making this, I know I'll be spending the whole weekend employing new stations and bases for my space program.

Edit: Upon actually spending a day with the mod I've stumbled across a number of issues actually. As other have said some of the IVA's are not positioned inside the vessel, The VAB lag as mentioned, but also the extended use of a vessel with HSH seems to be causing me crashes. The last one I really can't wrap my head around, it has the RAM to run it fine for about half an hour, after which point I get a crash due to exceeding the memory capacity. It's behaving like memory leak as I can just sit at Minmus staring at my 8m base in all it's glory and after about a half hour it will crash by hitting the memory overhead. I thought parts were loaded at the beginning so would have expected the crash sooner :S

Edited by Kerbonautical

I REALLY like this mod! This is something I've always wanted in the game. One observation though. The game can easily turn into a slideshow in the VAB creating something with the parts, yet when I put it on the launchpad it runs fine. Two things that would be cool is if the camera could be locked within the ship and some way to recreate an artificial gravity field at a designated side of the ship.

Just to clarify I'm not requesting or begging for those features. I'd imagine the first is likely extremely complex and the second completely impossible. Thanks for making this, I know I'll be spending the whole weekend employing new stations and bases for my space program.

Edit: Upon actually spending a day with the mod I've stumbled across a number of issues actually. As other have said some of the IVA's are not positioned inside the vessel, The VAB lag as mentioned, but also the extended use of a vessel with HSH seems to be causing me crashes. The last one I really can't wrap my head around, it has the RAM to run it fine for about half an hour, after which point I get a crash due to exceeding the memory capacity. It's behaving like memory leak as I can just sit at Minmus staring at my 8m base in all it's glory and after about a half hour it will crash by hitting the memory overhead. I thought parts were loaded at the beginning so would have expected the crash sooner :S

Yea Its need to be compatible with Boulders memory reduction mod, I exceed the 3.5gb limit fast using this mod. When I use boulders mod to reduce the ram certain parts flicker like a strobe light ive tried every thing to get them to play nice together but they dont, so I can't use half the parts. Other then that cool interesting mod.

Yea Its need to be compatible with Boulders memory reduction mod, I exceed the 3.5gb limit fast using this mod. When I use boulders mod to reduce the ram certain parts flicker like a strobe light ive tried every thing to get them to play nice together but they dont, so I can't use half the parts. Other then that cool interesting mod.

That's what that flickering was? huh, then it would explain the relatively high RAM usage by the mod too. Damn I guess I may have to just keep this one on the shelf for a while then :( Still an extremely cool mod though and I'll be keeping a close eye on it from now on, I'd love to be able to fit it in with my main save file.

If you read the prev comments you se its beacuse of the animator plugin, and you can still do the cycle in vab to get the lag down a bit, and yes it works with the ram reduction mod =)

My recent project with vtol this is my first working one, I've been trying to make one since the first hollow structure mod.

J3CRHku.png

btw is there any possibility of bringing back the walls that contain fuel only for the new series?

also why when i build a vehicle if i place docking port with another in the vab or shp will it not undock but if i have two seperate vehicles with port they can dock and undock, also when placing two together on one ship it has 3 option to undock none of wich work. RbYYxh7.png

That's what that flickering was? huh, then it would explain the relatively high RAM usage by the mod too. Damn I guess I may have to just keep this one on the shelf for a while then :( Still an extremely cool mod though and I'll be keeping a close eye on it from now on, I'd love to be able to fit it in with my main save file.

I don't get any flickering using the active texture management and run this with about 15 other mods after reducing the refresh rate of the example mdf

EDIT* just checked there are 44 mod folders under my gamedata folder including this mod on a 64 bit linux version, it uses 1.6 ram when loaded, Including nova punch, b9, infernal robotics, and Interstellar, I use the reduction packs for all of them

Edited by blitz2190

I don't get any flickering using the active texture management and run this with about 15 other mods after reducing the refresh rate of the example mdf

EDIT* just checked there are 44 mod folders under my gamedata folder including this mod on a 64 bit linux version, it uses 1.6 ram when loaded, Including nova punch, b9, infernal robotics, and Interstellar, I use the reduction packs for all of them

Reducing the refresh rate? I saw it mentioned but didn't really know what it actually meant. I'm tempted to give it another shot but the Advanced Animator bug causing slow down in the VAB decided to hang around even after uninstalling the mods. I already miss this mod but I may have to wait it out until the bug is gone in AA

f4IbybS.png

An small and easy elevator to space and back

Also the texture glitch can be beacuse you are using the old legacy parts, or something else, hope you get it to work :) I guess im lucky with my rig and dont have the problems you have

Reducing the refresh rate? I saw it mentioned but didn't really know what it actually meant. I'm tempted to give it another shot but the Advanced Animator bug causing slow down in the VAB decided to hang around even after uninstalling the mods. I already miss this mod but I may have to wait it out until the bug is gone in AA

copy this folder over the Example folder located in /GameData/JSI/RasterPropMonitor/ after you finish installing the mod and the required plugins

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/11863219/Example.zip

Edited by blitz2190

oh so it's AA? i didn't know that...

anyway uhm there was a post a few posts back about not being able to undock two craft if you placed em docked in the VAB/SPH. just wanna say i get the same problem.

oh so it's AA? i didn't know that...

anyway uhm there was a post a few posts back about not being able to undock two craft if you placed em docked in the VAB/SPH. just wanna say i get the same problem.

I think they're related. In HSH obviously we're using a lot of animated parts and currently it seems Advanced Animator causes slow down at the end of animation cycles. Add this in with however many doors etc will be used on a ship with HSH and the bug stacks very fast.

copy this folder over the Example folder located in /GameData/JSI/RasterPropMonitor/ after you finish install the mod and the required plugins

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/11863219/Example.zip

Cheers for the link! Backed it up ready for another test when I'm next adding/removing mods

Yes! Ofc i did mean your ship, would be neat to se it inflight to if you had some extra time to record it :) Looks like one of the motherships from hm that dropped ship into space, really nicely done!

I might just do that after i finish the pods for the cargo bays