[v1.2]KSP - Silisko Edition

NovaSilisko

Please add a midstage and lander nongimbal engine... eurgh, so annoying. *flipflipflip* STOP EEET. :-\

Some longer landing pegs might be nice too. Oh, and may I suggest some more couplers/structural stuff, still Jeb\'s junk though. ;)

0.7 released

http://www./?3srl06ejeziut0v

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/575558/Kerbal%20Space%20Program%20-%20Silisko%20Edition%200.7.zip

Added 2m RCS tank

Added new SRB

Added midrange 2m engine

Added second lander leg, now fits inside fairings

Added half height fairing panel

Decreased weight of quad coupler

Retweak of most engine efficiency values

Changed RCS a tad

Removed PSD file that was bloating the filesize (derp)

Lander engine can now be gimballed

Re-added SAS module

Winglets made a bit more effective

Love it! The lander engine feels just about right, I performed a landing very much like a proper apollo one, riding the engine in all the way to touchdown. The adjusted gimballing on the engines still provides nice response without shaking the rocket apart, and I have no complants whatsoever on the redone RCS.

You\'re a mad genius. 8)

There\'s no connection node on the bottom of the new 2m engine.

Also it\'s impossible (not by much though) to fit the new lander legs inside a fairing if mounted on the small fuel tank. Not sure if intended.

Added second lander leg, now fits inside fairings

;)

Anyway, I\'ve got issues at the moment with wobble. I\'m sure it\'s default KSP too, but still most of my NS ships rip apart on the pad, wobble rapidly all over the place, or just collapse... XD

Really like this pack, good show. it actually made my lunar mission easier (after spending a few hours just trying to get a WORKING ROCKET) and I got my best orbit yet. If in the next version, you include RCS modules that have even less thrust than the vanilla ones.

Only when you use it with the standard tank. If you use the compact tank, which you would in a lander, it doesn\'t.

Damn, ninja\'d.

IMO what we need is not more compact legs but rather wider fairings.

Isn\'t that by design? The way I understand it, the 2m parts are supposed to be the first stage of a rocket.

I actually didn\'t consider this. All I could remember is that the small 2m engine had a lower connection, and wasn\'t sure on the WHAT CAN I DO WITH ALL THESE THRUSTS engine. (Since looking, it doesn\'t have one.)

Since it\'s intended to be the medium size I\'m unsure. I can see why he\'d leave it out though, upon reflection.

If mounted on the vanilla fuel tank it does. But not on the \'lander\' fuel tank, which strikes me as defeating the object of having it anyway.

If you are very careful you can get them to fit when on a small tank. You have a bit of wiggle room between radial connection points where you can slide the lander 'into' or 'out of' the fuel tank, just a little bit. If you do it just right you can use them with fairings on a small tank. Also, possibly mounting them 45 degrees from usual might help? (Speaking of, I am loving the ability to place objects with 4-symmetry at 16 different positions rather than 12, it allows much more freedom in rocket design. Anyone know whether that was KSP SE 0.8 0.7 [oops] or KSP0.12x3?

Speaking of, I am loving the ability to place objects with 4-symmetry at 16 different positions rather than 12, it allows much more freedom in rocket design. Anyone know whether that was KSP SE 0.8 or KSP0.12x3?

KSP 0.12 x3, HarvesteR responding to a request.

Isn\'t that by design? The way I understand it, the 2m parts are supposed to be the first stage of a rocket.

Not all of them. There is a reason the fairings are called 'engine fairings', as they work very nicely for covering up the smaller 2m engine when it is used on upper stages. I have used that engine and a 2m tank on many of my Mun rockets as my Kerbin-departure stage and taken it with me to Mun orbit.

Not all of them. There is a reason the fairings are called 'engine fairings', as they work very nicely for covering up the smaller 2m engine when it is used on upper stages. I have used that engine and a 2m tank on many of my Mun rockets as my Kerbin-departure stage and taken it with me to Mun orbit.

Yep. Like this...

Sadly there is no way to get a fairing around the lander engine or to tuck in the legs for a craft where the descent stage uses 2M short tank, but otherwise it looks neat.

(Also the 2M short tank is just a tad overkill for simple landing, but it does come handy when doing plane changes or long hovers for precision landings to a specific location)

I think I\'m going to smush in the sides of the tiny fuel tank, so the new legs fit inside fairings with it. Or I could make bigger fairings, but that might get awkward having that many fairing panels in the list...