Shared Future Timeline (Editable Google Doc Inside)

Holo

I found a couple of threads about future timelines and predictions here, so I decided to make a future timeline that can be edited y anyone.

Here's the link: https://docs.google.com/document/d/1hWBczdLBwwRLhHqIZ4B0vcbfVylEFi-h97SJ471B1E8/edit?usp=sharing

There are already some events there by me. You can add any prediction you want to here, there are no restrictions or anything. Just make sure that it fits into the already established timeline, and is plausible :D

Edited by Holo

2014- Flight test

2015- New Horizions flies paste Pluto.

2016- Juno arrives at Jupiter.

2017- SLS flight test

2019- Asteriod capture mission started

2021- Lunar Flyby, Lagrange point expedition.

2024- NASA constructs an outpost at EML-2

2025- Asteriod is captured and towed to lunar orbit. It is visited by astronauts.

2026- NASA launches to to explore interstellar space.

2027- Americans return to the moon with Golden Spike. Iran launches a man to space, but it collapses from internal political turmoil and starvation from the sanctions.

2028- Russia lands on the moon, in joint cooperation with ESA.

2029- China lands on moon. Russia begins building moonbase in a partnership with NASA. Meanwhile, Bigelow is also building an American moonbase. China follows suit.

2030- JAXA lands on moon. Begins building moonbase.

2031- NASA Mars Mission is launched.

2033- NASA lands men on Mars. Asteriod mining is now a major industry.

2034- India lands on moon.

2039- Lockheed Martins "Red Rocks" mission builds an American base on Deimos.

2042- Russia lands on Mars. Begins building base in partnership with ESA and NASA. The foundations for the Internationsl Mars Base are laid.

2045- Russia builds a spacestation in lunar orbit.

2049- NASA and Russia and ESA construct a station in Mars Orbit. China lands on Mars. JAXA and India follow.

2040-2050- Manned exploration of Jovian system. Single-cellar life is discovered on Europa.

2067- JAXA, Russia, India, NASA and ESA construct an manned outpost on Callisto. Humanity is now regarded as a spacefaring speices.

2070-2080- Manned exploration of the outer planets.

2090- First human outposts on Titan. By now, medical technology is advanced to the point that aging and other ailments can be reversed. The human lifespan now is around 120 years. The first space elevator, is constructed by NASA and ESA.

2110- Humanity launches its first interstellar probe, bound for Tau Ceti e. It will arrive fourty years later.

2111- Civilan colonization of the moon is widespread.

2130- Regarded as the proudest moment in the history of time, the first manned human expedition departs of the Tau Ceti system, known to haves habitable planet and 11 LY away. Terraforming of Mars begins.

2143- New technology allows for ships to reach up to around 78.9% light speed.

2178- Acclubirre drive is discovered. Human colonists flock to interstellar destinations, building humanity and their countries a interstellar empire that extends 600 LY from tip to tip. Humanity is now a Type I on the Karddashev scale. Humans have achieved practical immortality.

2200- The U.N, greatly aided by the U.S, increases its power, making it a form of one-world Goverment.

2225- Mars in terraformed.

2300- KSP 0.20 is released. Fanboys rejoice.

2340- Improved versions of Alclubberie drive spreads humanity throughout the Orion Arm and into the center of the galaxy.

2345- Humanity finds first multi-cellar alien life.

2459- Humanity now resides over and interstellar empire 30,000 light years from the center to the outmost reachs of the Orion arm.

2540- Humanity is now a Type II race on the Kardashev Scale.

2600- Humanity discovers how to use wormholes for travel, spreads out to M31 and faraway places.

3390- Voyager I hangs in a museum somewhere on Mars.

10,000- Humanity is building massive computers the size of planetismoids. Humankind is now rated as a Type III.

10,432,133 AD- Humanity is a Type IV on Kardashev Scale. Humanity is traveling to other galaxies and has contacted many other alien races, and is widely regarded as the most powerful race in the galaxy. Earth is a glowing paradise, the crown jewel and Captial world of humankind.

15,002,999 AD- Humanity becomes an Type V in the Kardashev Scale, harnessing the power of the entire universe....

I think that the timeline of solar system exploration is:

2030s - Moon (Return, to sort out long term life support. I would imagine it would be completely self sufficient. Except for TV)

- Asteroid (Need to combine low transit time with low delta-v and low synodic period)

2040s - Mars's moons

2050s - Mars

2070s - Ceres

2100s - Callisto

2130s - Saturn

2170s - Venus (only cloud-tops)

2250s - Mercury

2350s - Uranus

2400s - Neptune

3000s - Interstellar

I'm hoping this turns out to be really pessimistic.

Question is, would you spend your whole life to travel to a star, to get there when you are old, and have little time left?

Without internet?

I think that the timeline of solar system exploration is:

2030s - Moon (Return, to sort out long term life support. I would imagine it would be completely self sufficient. Except for TV)

- Asteroid (Need to combine low transit time with low delta-v and low synodic period)

2040s - Mars's moons

2050s - Mars

2070s - Ceres

2100s - Callisto

2130s - Saturn

2170s - Venus (only cloud-tops)

2250s - Mercury

2350s - Uranus

2400s - Neptune

3000s - Interstellar

I'm hoping this turns out to be really pessimistic.

Question is, would you spend your whole life to travel to a star, to get there when you are old, and have little time left?

Without internet?

That is very pessimistic. I believe we can hope for interstellar travel to the nearest stars by 2150.

Yes, I'm willing to go on an interstellar suicide mission

That is very pessimistic. I believe we can hope for interstellar travel to the nearest stars by 2150.

Yes, I'm willing to go on an interstellar suicide mission

I'd say it were more optimistic. There's absolutely no benefit to interstellar journeys.

1. The resources spent to research, build, and man an interstellar journey is NOT an investment, it is a loss, because those resources are being sent outside the system and outside of circulation.

2. The same goes with the people. We're losing intelligent and capable people and machines with NO direct benefit or return to society.

3. Extreme risks involved with colonizing new solar systems make it even more illogical to attempt. Why spend 1,000 + years traveling to some star when Titan, Ganymede, Mars and Callisto are right around the corner and can actually help and improve Mankind directly?

To be honest, any colonization past space itself is a stretch. A space station is the most capable vessel we could ever inhabit. We can control its climate, we can move it to avoid disaster, it's easy to expand upon (and can grow with the population by adding more modules and what not, allowing for endless population control), it has no hazardous terrain and the Delta-V required to leave and dock with it is almost null. I'd take a space colony over Callisto or Titan any day every day.

1. The resources spent to research, build, and man an interstellar journey is NOT an investment, it is a loss, because those resources are being sent outside the system and outside of circulation.

1. The resources spent to sending groups of cavemen out over the desert is NOT an investment, it is a loss, because those resources are being sent outside the African savanna and outside of circulation.

Doing it your way our ancestors would never leave east African savanna and all human history would not happen.

1. The resources spent to sending groups of cavemen out over the desert is NOT an investment, it is a loss, because those resources are being sent outside the African savanna and outside of circulation.

Doing it your way our ancestors would never leave east African savanna and all human history would not happen.

Altough I agree, there was no desert at the time.

Type VI would probably would mean harnessing the power of all of the parallel universes. Which is impossible, because if there are parallel universes, there is an infinite amount of them.

Not really relevant to today's issues stemming from globalization of resources and socioeconomics to international commerce. You go ahead and tell a coalition of politicians and CEOs and investors why "leaving the savannah" is a great use of their assets. Let me know if they agree.

You go ahead and tell a coalition of politicians and CEOs and investors why "leaving the savannah" is a great use of their assets.

There were sure quite a few lazy fat naysayers back then too :wink:. Yet we moved past them and here we are. Maybe this time they are going to win, and our species as a whole loses the game. But I don't want it to end that way. Do you ?

There were sure quite a few lazy fat naysayers back then too :wink: yet we moved past them and here we are. Maybe this time they are going to win, and our species as a whole loses the game. But I don't want it to end that way. Do you ?

No I don't.

I see the Kardashev scales as the following:

• Type 1 - Planet
  • Type 2 - Star
  • Type 3 - Galaxy
  • Type 4 - Universe
  • Type 5 - 10 billion Universe equivalents
  • Type 6 - 100 quintillion Universe equivalents

And so on.

then stop talking like you were actually justifying it

MBobrik,

Don't take my comments so personally. I understand where you are coming from and I understand how frustrating it is when people with the power to make Mankind better refuse to do so because of selfishness or ignorance. My comments were an observation on the present structure of socioeconomics. My comments never represented my personal opinion on what we should do with our money and resources; In fact, I would vote yes and pay higher taxes right now if it meant we'd start a colonization program today. That, unfortunately, isn't how the world works and my comments were a simple observation on that. I'm sorry if I offended you.

Edited by WestAir

Type VI would probably would mean harnessing the power of all of the parallel universes. Which is impossible, because if there are parallel universes, there is an infinite amount of them.

Not necessarily. If you find a universe with infinite energy, why not just use that?

I don't think it will ever be possible for any race to be able to rule more than an entire galaxy, even that seems like a huge stretch, but then again who am I to say?

But really I can't see why you would even want to, what resources could there be that can't be found in an entire galaxy, and how could you hunger for more power when you have literally trillions of star systems under your control? You could never even hear the names of a billionth, let alone make any sort of governing decisions about them. I would think such a government, should it ever manage to form, would have to collapse under it's own weight very easily and it's laws would be nearly impossible to enforce in any organised or effective way. At any one time there'd probably be several million seccessions going on.

Edited by Kerbface

I don't think it will ever be possible for any race to be able to rule more than an entire galaxy, even that seems like a huge stretch, but then again who am I to say?

But really I can't see why you would even want to, what resources could there be that can't be found in an entire galaxy, and how could you hunger for more power when you have literally trillions of star systems under your control? You could never even hear the name of a billionth of them, let alone make any sort of governing decisions about them. I would think such a government, should it ever manage to form, would have to collapse under it's own weight very easily and it's laws would be nearly impossible to enforce in any organised or effective way. At any one time there'd probably be several million seccessions going on.

Galactic empires are very difficult when your only communication is slower than light. I wouldn't say it's impossible for someone to want the power of a galaxy - you could have 300 billion individuals owning one solar system each, and waving the flag of her Galactic Federation.

Don't take my comments so personally.

There was nothing personal in my comment. You've just been so good at describing this myopic attitude that I've mistaken you for one of its proponents :wink:

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.