[0.90] LazTek SpaceX Launch, Exploration, Colonial Transporter & Historic mods (1/25/14)

LazarusLuan

Well, we'd also have to remove the windows. Otherwise, it'd pretty much amount to that, all parts are identical, except for the main pod.

Are you using RSS? If yes, then your cfg is missing a bracket somewhere. If no, then you have an RSS cfg (or part of one) mixed in somewhere.

I dont use RSS but thanks for the tip it helped me track the issue down. I figured it out so if anyone has this issue it is cause by the LazTek coolrockets config file.

Well, we'd also have to remove the windows. Otherwise, it'd pretty much amount to that, all parts are identical, except for the main pod.

I can make the current Dragon cargo capsule if everyone really wants it for historical purposes, but I didn't see a need since KSP seems to be centered around getting our little green friends into space. If they add some sort of cargo function in the game it would seem to make more sense.

I've completed the KSP .23.5 (ARM) update for my SpaceX Launch Packs and Explorer Expansion Kits and will post shortly. Here is a change log:

1. Taking advantage of exponential increases in connected part stability with KSP .23.5, the Falcon Main Tank has been extended to real life proportions.

2. Explorer Tank is now unnecessary and has been removed.

3. Falcon Short Interchange has been added for DragonClaw ship build.

4. All part.cfg files have been updated to work with KSP's new part stability and no longer bend or wobble on launch.

5. Fuel tanks no longer have "expanding" bug in the VAB selector

SHIPS:

LT SpaceX Dragon 2 - Reconfigured for extended main tank, eliminated struts

LT SpaceX Dragon Explorer - Replaced Explorer tank, reconfigured for extended tanks, eliminated engine cluster struts

LT SpaceX DragonClaw - Newly created for ARM missions and for general spacecraft towing, ferrying and major mayhem. Designed to pull instead of push

LT SpaceX Falcon 9 v1.1 - Reconfigured for extended main tank, eliminated engine cluster struts

LT SpaceX Falcon Heavy - Reconfigured for extended tanks, eliminated engine cluster struts

Thanks to Scripto23 and Dragon01 for their help in pointing me in the right direction on a few issues that I hadn't figured out yet.

Let me know if there are any other changes or additions you would like to see in the .24 update.

On the other hand, I think that KerbX engines are a bit more detailed. Those engines still hold up, while all I've seen on LazTek ones is the nozzle (unless it changed recently).

I actually have complete, high-resolution versions of the Merlin 1C, 1D, 1C Vac and 1D Vac engines in Maya, but I don't see where anything but the nozzle is actually exposed in real life other than the current, initial configuration of the Falcon 9 second stage, which will eventually be covered with a protective shroud for recovery configuration with landing gear. Likewise, the Merlin 1D first stage engines are completely enclosed within the engine housing on the Falcon v1.1, so you can't see anything but the nozzles. Are you wanting an exposed 1D/1D Vac engine as just a part you can use in KSP?

Edited by LazarusLuan

I can make the current Dragon cargo capsule if everyone really wants it for historical purposes, but I didn't see a need since KSP seems to be centered around getting our little green friends into space. If they add some sort of cargo function in the game it would seem to make more sense.

If you were to make a cargo pod, it would be amazing. I'm currently using the KerbX Dragon Cargo in my install alongside yours as well for flights with Kerbals. KAS utility included in the cargo pod, or even TAC life support supplies would be welcomed. Your decision of course. Appreciate all the work you've put in, the models are absolutely gorgeous.

I actually have complete, high-resolution versions of the Merlin 1C, 1D, 1C Vac and 1D Vac engines in Maya, but I don't see where anything but the nozzle is actually exposed in real life other than the current, initial configuration of the Falcon 9 second stage, which will eventually be covered with a protective shroud for recovery configuration with landing gear. Likewise, the Merlin 1D first stage engines are completely enclosed within the engine housing on the Falcon v1.1, so you can't see anything but the nozzles. Are you wanting an exposed 1D/1D Vac engine as just a part you can use in KSP?

I think it would be nice to include those exposed engine models. Especially RSS users would be grateful. Also, I think that they were also exposed on the older Falcon rockets. It'd be very nice to have.

Also, the current Cargo Dragon would be a great addition, since it opens up more options with the pack. Especially combined with Falcon 1.0, it'd enable replicating current Dragon's missions to ISS.

Lazarus, great work! I will also put my vote in for doing the cargo module. Sure the main goal is putting living things in space, but there is also the necessity of getting stuff up to keep those living things still living. Like the current missions to the ISS. I haven't heard but I'd imagine SpaceX will still keep the cargo pods w/o windows and such for resupply missions. Just like Soyuz has Progress.

Also I don't see anything about RCS. Admittedly I haven't tried the new version yet. Has Dragon and Scripto given you the idea on how to the roll and the such to work yet. I think I've mentioned it before, if you want an example of the best way to do it, look at DennyTX, he's got a 'shelf' in certain areas to put in the RCS pods. Though again I admit I haven't tried his, I'm guessing that it works.

After updating today i have this issue again.

Sorry about that - managed to put the old tanks in the lower resolution launch pack update. I've corrected the error - please let me know any other issues you may find.

Download from LazTek:

LazTek SpaceX Launch Pack 2.3.5 [KSP .23.5]

LazTek SpaceX Launch Pack HD 2.3.5 [KSP .23.5]

LazTek SpaceX Exploration Expansion 1.5 [KSP .23.5]

LazTek SpaceX Exploration Expansion HD 1.5 [KSP .23.5]

Download from SpacePort:

LazTek SpaceX Launch Pack 2.3.5 [KSP .23.5]

LazTek SpaceX Launch Pack HD 2.3.5 [KSP .23.5]

LazTek SpaceX Exploration Expansion 1.5 [KSP .23.5]

LazTek SpaceX Exploration Expansion HD 1.5 [KSP .23.5]

Lazarus, great work! I will also put my vote in for doing the cargo module. Sure the main goal is putting living things in space, but there is also the necessity of getting stuff up to keep those living things still living. Like the current missions to the ISS. I haven't heard but I'd imagine SpaceX will still keep the cargo pods w/o windows and such for resupply missions. Just like Soyuz has Progress.

Also I don't see anything about RCS. Admittedly I haven't tried the new version yet. Has Dragon and Scripto given you the idea on how to the roll and the such to work yet. I think I've mentioned it before, if you want an example of the best way to do it, look at DennyTX, he's got a 'shelf' in certain areas to put in the RCS pods. Though again I admit I haven't tried his, I'm guessing that it works.

I do indeed have a solution for the RCS issue with the realism overhaul... I'll include this in the upcoming .24 update, but for now, just download and unzip it directly into the GameData/LazTek/Parts folder. It is a supplemental RCS pod that attaches below the engines, directly in between the RCS nozzle pairs in a set of four, just like the SuperDracos. I recommend attaching them before attaching the engines using the same technique I recommend for SuperDraco engine attachment, which is to rotate the capsule 45 degrees before attaching and then rotate the capsule back to its original position. After installing, turn off capsule RCS and torque and it should rotate correctly without needing a reaction wheel.

LazTek SpaceX Dragon Real RCS

Are gonna do the FalconX and the Falcon X Heavy? If so thats what I request for the .24 update lol. Seriously though there are modders who choose form over function, there are modders who choose function over form, finally there are modders who choose realism over form or function. This mod is functional, its beautiful, and they look just like the real things. That puts you in an elite group on these forums. Not many accomplish all of those things and you nailed them all. Congratulations! Very well done. Think about the FalconX and the FalconX Heavy. Those things are massive and with the new joint stabilization in the .23.5 update totally possible. Keep it up.

:Edit they are going to be massive.