[0.90] LazTek SpaceX Launch, Exploration, Colonial Transporter & Historic mods (1/25/14)

LazarusLuan

Awesome.

I only tested the Dragon V2 so far (Stock) (Kerbol system, with FAR/DRE/etc). The craft file has the ship rotated from the KSP norm by 90 degrees. As it's sort of hard to tell which way is which on the capsule, I found my first launch confusing :)

Once I figured it out it was fine (I rotated it 90 in the VAB just so I didn't have to think about direction, or do a roll immediately).

The parts are there when I tried this in my RSS/RO install, but the craft files don't survive the RO rescaling, I think. All the parts are there, but no longer attached to each other. Is there a trick to getting it to play nice with RSS/RO?

This is very cool.

Edited by tater

The parts are there when I tried this in my RSS/RO install, but the craft files don't survive the RO recalling, I think. All the parts are there, but no longer attached to each other. s there a trick to getting it to play nice with RSS/RO?

This is very cool.

If you are using RSS/RO. DO NOT post questions like this on the original mods thread. It's not their problem.

Answer, wait for RSS/RO to include craft files. There is no 'trick' for old craft files. They must be rebuilt from scratch.

If you are using RSS/RO. DO NOT post questions like this on the original mods thread. It's not their problem.

Answer, wait for RSS/RO to include craft files. There is no 'trick' for old craft files. They must be rebuilt from scratch.

There has been discussion about RSS/RO in this thread numerous times (I read all of it), and there had been a file available for download by one of the frequent commentators about RO in his sig, but the file has a modification date that is several months old (pre 0.24 even, I think?) so I did not DL it.

BTW, I might have asked in the RO thread, but the page 1 read me explicitly puts this mod in a group that will receive mocking should I have asked in that thread, so clearly off-limits there. ;)

I figured someone who uses this excellent mod might do so with RSS (they had in the past, clearly), and maybe one might help me, and where else could I ask?

Edited by tater

I can see the discrepancy. However, issues dealing with RSS/RO do not belong in other peoples threads either, that simply isn't their problem, and as a courtesy we ask not to post in them when working with RSS/RO. That is one in which you sit and wait patiently for full support. On the other hand the issue of craft loading is a systemic problem that it doesn't depend on what mod it is. Build a craft, have a part change, then load that original craft and there will be issues.

All in all very good points, of which deserve yet more FAQ in the RO/RSS page. Seriously tater, you've got some good gray matter between the ears, if you have a question about RO/RSS feel free to PM me.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
I got this: "Actor::updateMassFromShapes: Compute mesh inertia tensor failed for one of the actor's mesh shapes! Please change mesh geometry or supply a tensor manually!" after add a V1 Cargo Capsule!

Getting the same error, and the Dragon Cargo appears to be immune to heating up in Deadly Reentry as a result.

Edit: Upon further testing, the same error is present for all of the capsules.

Edited by Midanthrope

• 2 weeks later...
The update for .25 is on its way - I had to replace my entire computer setup two weeks ago due to storm/lightning damage. I'm currently wrapping up the textures and physical model testing.

Please do a light vertion of the spacecrafts with no interiors, just the shell. Snap Points for the Dracos and Parachute would be very nice.

Please do a light vertion of the spacecrafts with no interiors, just the shell. Snap Points for the Dracos and Parachute would be very nice.

If you don't want interiors can't you just delete the space folder in most mods really people you do know thats more work for them and stuff to keep up with that you could do it your self ?

Wrong, wrong, wrong. Have you ever actually seen LazTek models? Hint: they do not use JSITransparentPods. That's what he meant. He doesn't want no-IVA pods, he wants pods with no modeled interior. Not so easy to do now, isn't it? It would require changes to the model, something that requires source files. Once again, the order is: research first, post later.

I support this idea, visible interiors should either be gone altogether, or replaced with RPM-based transparent pod feature to actually show the IVAs inside (with Kerbals and all).

I must still not getting what you are talking about but and not sure what all is in the space folder he as but if he don't want interiors which not most are going to want it like that, Delete the space folder and edit the file.

EDIT- But I'm all in on the RPM's don't get me wrong.

Edited by Mecripp2