[0.90] LazTek SpaceX Launch, Exploration, Colonial Transporter & Historic mods (1/25/14)

LazarusLuan

Unfortunately, trying to develop the legs ended up being the hardest part of the package and held up its release for almost a month while I tested every way I could think of to have retractable landing legs work with the mass involved within KSP parts physics. I came to the conclusion that it simply can't be done with legs that actually use the landingleg module. Anything other than a solid, non-moving attachment broke apart with anything higher than around a 2m/s vertical speed upon contacting the ground. Performing a soft landing in the ocean just off the shore from the KSC returns the same amount of cash as landing it on the pad, so I'm going to have to go the ocean landing route for now. As for the gridfins, they are fully functional and make great retractable wings for jets and spaceplanes as well as SpaceX rockets. I have two smaller sizes that are included with the updated Launch Pack that I will upload for testing shortly. Here's an example of a spaceplane design that uses my new gridfins:

http://electrictomatoes.com/ksp/screenshot5a.png

Lazarus, any chance you could release the landing legs we saw in a few earlier BFR shots? Maybe someone else could take a crack at them. I'd really like to use them, if only for aesthetic purposes.

I changed the design of the model due to several requests to do so. As much as I liked making the opening hatch on the Dragon V2, the "correct" way to make capsules in KSP is with a solid model for the outer view and a rendered interior for the internal view. Having a rendered interior in the main capsule model kept me from being able to render the interior of the capsule in the internal model used for cockpit views accurately and added unnecessary geometry for KSP to process. Also, the windows are now able to glow when lights are on, just like the new Kerbal spaceplane cockpits. I'm keeping the opening hatch on the DragonRider included in the Historic Archive mod, however.

When I open the example ships included they are not assembled correctly and explode on the launch pad or during staging. Am I doing something wrong or are there some updated ships somewhere? Thanks!

edit. Using RO mod as well.

hey ive just been wondering if youll ever make this mod compatible with remote tech because the probe core for the boosters a crap puts itself on local control so you don't need a relay system or anything which is nice when your just putting a system up but after that its annoying because I really only launch aboard a falcon 9. well just a question thanks

hey ive just been wondering if youll ever make this mod compatible with remote tech because the probe core for the boosters a crap puts itself on local control so you don't need a relay system or anything which is nice when your just putting a system up but after that its annoying because I really only launch aboard a falcon 9. well just a question thanks

Try run a cfg like

@PART[*]:HAS[@MODULE[ModuleCommand],!MODULE[ModuleSPU]]
{
MODULE
{
name = ModuleSPU
}

MODULE
{
name = ModuleRTAntennaPassive
TechRequired = unmannedTech
OmniRange = 3000

TRANSMITTER
{
PacketInterval = 0.3
PacketSize = 2
PacketResourceCost = 15.0
}
}
}

So if any part has ModuleCommand will get the probecore.

• 2 weeks later...

Wondering if this works with 0.90 and also if the docking ports work with the Chaka Monkey ports. Would fit perfectly into my program if so :D

Edit: Sadly they do not work in 0.90. At least in career mode. The configs must be wonky because its reading a mass of n/a

Edited by deepfield

I've finished updating and testing the high res versions of the SpaceX kits and will begin posting up the .90 updates to all the SpaceX packs later today.

Thanks so much!

Updates for the SpaceX Launch Pack HD, Exploration Expansion HD and Historic Archive HD are now available for download from MediaFire, along with my new Colonial Transporter kit:

SpaceX Launch Pack HD .90 [KSP 0.90]

SpaceX Exploration Expansion HD .90 [KSP 0.90]

SpaceX Colonial Transporter HD .90 [KSP 0.90]

SpaceX Historic Archive HD .90 [KSP 0.90]

YAY!!! my favorite pack ever! My space program just happens to be at the timeline of Space X , need to test engines at year 2006

Where is the low-res download links?

Edited by lextacy

Hello to all.

I finally have time to check this mod out. I created a clean 0.90 install and added the four laztek mods.

I am getting an incredible amount of spam for all kinds of meshes this and verticies that.....

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/56z29zrr0hh64w3/AACKkI_m49cU0IePzQ444uEza?dl=0

the link has my ksp.log and output_log zipped files.

If someone can tell me what i have done wrong I would be a happy camper.

Cheers.

Hello to all.

I finally have time to check this mod out. I created a clean 0.90 install and added the four laztek mods.

I am getting an incredible amount of spam for all kinds of meshes this and verticies that.....

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/56z29zrr0hh64w3/AACKkI_m49cU0IePzQ444uEza?dl=0

the link has my ksp.log and output_log zipped files.

If someone can tell me what i have done wrong I would be a happy camper.

Cheers.

Yeah, getting the following when using only the Launch pack and use the Dragon Cargo Pod: [Error]: Actor::updateMassFromShapes: Compute mesh inertia tensor failed for one of the actor's mesh shapes! Please change mesh geometry or supply a tensor manually!

This error I suspect will also occur with the Dragon Rider Capsule, however have not tested. This testing was done with no other mods at all except the launch pack and a fresh install of .90 x86 Windows.