[0.90] LazTek SpaceX Launch, Exploration, Colonial Transporter & Historic mods (1/25/14)

LazarusLuan

SpaceX Colonial Transporter is very unstable, it breaks up on the pad with kerbal joint reinforcement, if i remove KJR mod then it wobbles like crazy on the launch pad, then breaks up about 40km into the atmosphere from stock aero. The latter can be fixed by limiting thrust of the main stage but the top wobbles and breaks off.

SpaceX Colonial Transporter is very unstable, it breaks up on the pad with kerbal joint reinforcement, if i remove KJR mod then it wobbles like crazy on the launch pad, then breaks up about 40km into the atmosphere from stock aero. The latter can be fixed by limiting thrust of the main stage but the top wobbles and breaks off.

Same here. The Kraken lives.....

I don't recall having a problem Downloading this mod before but, it has a captcha that I can't answer or refresh. I'll DL if you put it on Curse, not going to use MediaFire!

That is odd, mediafire has never asked me to enter a captcha. Try deleting your cookies for the site or better yet, try loading the download link in a fresh browser that has never visited mediafire.

Same here. The Kraken lives.....

The same for me too. The Colonial Transporter breaks up on the launch pad before I even have the chance to launch it. Putting extra launch clamps up higher on the vessel makes no difference, it is like the attachment nodes are loaded broken because the game acts like the first stage engines aren't attached right when the physics initialize. Then the vessel half wobbles and half implodes to death. Even the small radially attached parts fly off. I went as far as testing the Colonial Transporter on a fresh install with no other mods and it was the same story. For some odd reason Kerbal Joint Reinforcement makes the problem worse, but with or without the vessel is still unlaunchable.

Hi, Ive tired out your .90 release and found 2 issues.

1. Your Falcon 9 1.1 is chalk full of NaN errors. Move a part and you risk NaN' ing your rocket in VAB and cant launch. Also right clicking a part NaNs the part and you have to delete it.

2. This one is major. And this is the same gimbal issue you had in 2014. Well in this new release its back. There is no gimbals control and the rocket just rolls end on end like it was tossed like a upside down frisbee. Hope you will fix the gimbals at least!

Edited by lextacy

This looks very pretty, could you release via the CKAN mod installer?

This would be great too.

Due to the issues with this release, I've been refreshing couple of times a day to see if laztek has posted an update or anything, I'm just gonna remove this from my KSP and strictly stick to mods that CKAN supports as I cannot be bothered to refresh forum threads anymore.

Great mod laztek, can't wait to see a fixed version on CKAN. If I never see it, then thanks for your efforts with the spacex mods up until now.

All the SpaceX parts kits are now available for download via Mediafire. I will also post these up to Curse later today. The Colonial Transport HD kit really uses a lot of RAM to load and usually requires that I have the medium resolution versions of the other SpaceX mods installed to operate correctly. I don't have this problem with the 64-bit or Linux versions of KSP but with the Win32 and Mac versions, I recommend using the regular resolution version of the Colonial Transporter mod.

SpaceX Launch Pack HD .90 [KSP 0.90]

SpaceX Launch Pack .90 [KSP 0.90]

SpaceX Launch Pack LR .90 [KSP 0.90]

SpaceX Exploration Expansion HD .90 [KSP 0.90]

SpaceX Exploration Expansion .90 [KSP 0.90]

SpaceX Exploration Expansion LR .90 [KSP 0.90]

SpaceX Colonial Transporter HD .90 [KSP 0.90]

Spacex Colonial Transporter .90 [KSP 0.90]

Spacex Colonial Transporter LR .90 [KSP 0.90]

SpaceX Historic Archive HD .90 [KSP 0.90]

SpaceX Historic Archive .90 [KSP 0.90]

SpaceX Historic Archive .90 LR [KSP 0.90]

Edited by LazarusLuan

For the love of... Why is it that people are asking for CKAN in e-ve-ry thread? :rolleyes:

Because it's awesome and you should totally try it out.

Installing a mod by activating a checkbox.

Updating all installed mods with simply another click.

Why would anyone not want that?

Not only does it take the silly maintenance work away from the player it also saves developers from having to support players with silly install problems.

Edited by willow

With all the Hype of Spacexs Barge landing semi success, Ive seen a lot of Youtube videos of people landing rockets in KSP on barges.

My question is this,

can we Please get an ASDS in the Spacex mod-pack =D

If so, that would be super awesome and amazing.

Thanks Astrosurf96

2014-12-16-21_34_17-L2-Level_-SpaceX-F9_FH_BFR_MCT-Renderings-350x223.jpg

hey there, I was just wondering, is the MCT based on speculation or has SpaceX actually released designs for it?

It's based on the comments Elon Musk has made over the past couple of years plus the specs listed on Wikipedia regarding the proposed Raptor engine series. I came up with my first design for the Mars Colonial Transporter about 6 months before the new Dragon V2 was unveiled to the public last year.

NecroBones said:
BTW, the KerbalStuff copies of the mod packs are way out of date. I tried searching there first, rather than here, and it led to older copies. I'd suggest taking it down from there if it's not going to be updated.

All my latest mods are now up at:

[removed link to defunct website]

I believe this also makes them available through CKAN, correct?

LazarusLuan said:
All my latest mods are now up at KerbalStuff.com:

[removed link to defunct website]

I believe this also makes them available through CKAN, correct?

Pretty much, yeah.

Is there any reasonable way to condense the graphics versions into single packages? I was getting Spaceport flashbacks looking at Kerbalstuff just now. ;)

I suppose that 'breaks' CKAN, but that's an inflexible tool just yet and not really ready for prime time.

Pretty much, yeah.

Is there any reasonable way to condense the graphics versions into single packages? I was getting Spaceport flashbacks looking at Kerbalstuff just now. ;)

I suppose that 'breaks' CKAN, but that's an inflexible tool just yet and not really ready for prime time.

I would love to have to only post 4 mod kits instead of 12 each time a make a change. This would make the Launch Pack 95MB, the Exploration Expansion 45MB, the Historic Archive 23MB and the Colonial Transporter 79MB. Is that too much to expect everyone to want to download?