[0.90] LazTek SpaceX Launch, Exploration, Colonial Transporter & Historic mods (1/25/14)

LazarusLuan

Have you looked for SpaceX? (No idea if this is the case as I play with Realism Overhaul and that could be why I see SpaceX as manufacturer)

I went through the whole list, nothing there. I did notice some other mods didn't have anything show up under manufacturers either, anyone else having problems?

This is excellent! The models are beautiful, and there's so much potential. The IVAs are a bit bland, but I'm sure you'll be able to work on that. Do you plan on making a full IVA for the main colonial transporter (for all of the decks), or for the colonial inflatable laboratory?

The mod's still great. I must insist that. You did an excellent job.

Laz, in addition to my posts - here and here.

The dragon v2 iva has the hatch door stuck in the open position in the HD package, where in the standard package the hatch door is always closed.

There is a big mixup between all the files and versions ( I checked the other packs as well). Hope one day you can sort it out.

Bloody Terrific, Laz :cool:

Please let us know how we can help you to better Develop/Test this great Add-on, and I'll keep directing all those who aspire to join SpaceX ranks to send their donations to LazTek. ~Bravo!

Just today, I discovered that all the engines in the mod are making my craft unlaunchable. Every time I add a merlin or raptor engine, the funds goes to NaN and the electric charge on each engine goes to NaN. Is there a way I can fix this?

• 2 weeks later...

x2BkU4O.jpg

This is with Realism Overhaul (Real Fuels + FAR).

Burns times are short and TWR is very high.

The craft used to work fine with Stock KSP, but is broken on RO(like my other craft).

What do I do?

This is with Realism Overhaul (Real Fuels + FAR).

Burns times are short and TWR is very high.

The craft used to work fine with Stock KSP, but is broken on RO(like my other craft).

What do I do?

Image removed for brevity. You could try different fuel combinations. The actual Falcon 9 v1.1 uses LOX/RP-1 as it's fuel.

Thanks for all the feedback and the posting of the new Dragon logo. I'm working on the "official" 1.0 release and appreciate everyone's help. In addition to redesigning the Dragon 2 parachute and the grid fins, I finally solved the problem of getting off Eve by creating all-electric atmospheric thrusters, which will be included in the new Exploration Expansion:

9SRZbsz.png

• 2 weeks later...

is exist a change for to be fix this error:

[LOG 23:01:48.900] [LazTekRaptorXXEngineHousing]: Deactivated

[LOG 23:01:48.908] [iR GUI] vessel LazTekMCT

[LOG 23:01:48.909] [iR GUI] 0 groups

[WRN 23:01:48.925] [CHATR] Capsule starts the exchange...

[ERR 23:01:48.945] Actor::updateMassFromShapes: Compute mesh inertia tensor failed for one of the actor's mesh shapes! Please change mesh geometry or supply a tensor manually!

[LOG 23:01:48.946] 1 explosions created.

[EXC 23:01:48.947] NullReferenceException

UnityEngine.Transform.get_position ()

CompoundParts.CModuleLinkedMesh.TrackAnchor (Boolean setTgtAnchor, Vector3 rDir, Vector3 rPos, Quaternion rRot)

CompoundParts.CModuleLinkedMesh.OnTargetUpdate ()

CompoundPart.LateUpdate ()

All is blow up on launch.

I use only the official craft file and the LR version.

So quick question how does the greenhouse work? Does it actualy produce food an oxygen and take some other materials or how does it work? I can't find any information on it and I can't find a way to activate it in game or anything. I probably missed something simple just can't figure out what it is.

So quick question how does the greenhouse work? Does it actualy produce food an oxygen and take some other materials or how does it work? I can't find any information on it and I can't find a way to activate it in game or anything. I probably missed something simple just can't figure out what it is.

it doesn't do anything yet - I've been waiting for the final parts of the full version 1.0 to surface before committing to anything, but you can edit the part.cfg file to work with the resource mods available.

- - - Updated - - -

Ok - Squad has announced that version 1.0 is in experimental phase, so I'm getting the wish list for SpaceX mods together right now. I'm working on a stock-alike texture set for everything that should be ready for the new update - what other requests are there?

Any chance of adding attachment nodes to the bottom of the raptor engines so they can be attached to standard type decouplers? I use procedural parts so this would be handy to be able to use the raptors (which are great and super useful) in upper stages using only procedural tanks and decouplers.

Also what about adding the automatic fairings when using the stock type decouplers over your engines?

On a similar topic, how are your interstages meant to work when used with standard tanks? If I place a vacuum merlin under a stock tank, then add your interstage, I cant place anything below the interstage.

I really do like your parts, here's a shot of my Duna bound space station lifting off thanks to your parts. 300 tonnes to Duna orbit in one launch :)

18%20screenshot175_zpsbnffmnmq.png

Edited by Falcon Coupe
Fixed up question after doing some tests

Perhaps the product would be enhanced as well by a photo - inspired texture set with reduced contrast (darker whites, lighter blacks) and surface detail like the tank frost on KW parts?

Edited by YANFRET

found a bug with the low res explorer V2. Upon launch, all I see is this 26b1dc62bc.jpg

I will update if I find a fix for it.

Edit: Same thing happens with the normal res version. Tried moving parts around in VAB, and then back, still doesn't work. The problem seems to begin directly below the heat shield on stage #4

Edited by eldemarco

great mod and great models.

regarding MCT (or DCT?): take a look at the civilian population mod.

it has nice spacestation parts for civilian kerbals, 30m diameter and so. but it lacks a method of transporting the civilian kerbals from surface to orbit or orbit to surface. your colonial transporter would perfectly fit into that role, as it is a large vehicle intended for transporting larger quantities of kerbals. however, civilian kerbals are just a value like fuel or electric charge.

your mod would play nicely together with the civilian population.

Edited by Hotblack Desiato

Is there anything special you need to do to get the Gridfins working in FAR properly? All the F9-S1 wants to do is flip over and point interstage down with the fins out.

Interstage down is not a good landing configuration, just in case anyone wondered.

How's that mod getting along with FAR/NEAR? Is it compatible or is the rocket overpowered using them? I feel like I have too much fuel left during landing.. not sure if that's intended or if it's an issue with FAR.