[0.90] LazTek SpaceX Launch, Exploration, Colonial Transporter & Historic mods (1/25/14)

LazarusLuan

I've been trying to figure out where and how to add the docking ring to the re-docking trunk, but though it looks ok, I can never get it to successfully dock. Can anyone help?

I believe I may have accidentally included the docking trunk with the HD version of the .23 update. This was intended to be released in the Explorer Pack, which I'm wrapping up now.

Hey Laz, I'm currently working on a config file that will rescale your mod to 1:1 scale, integrate with RealFuels, and apply real mass, thrust etc for use in the RealismOverhaul/RealSolarSystem mods. I hope to have it complete by tomorrow and I wanted to ask your permission to post it for others to download. Also if anyone has any good sources for Dragon/Falcon specs I would greatly appreciate it. Anyway thanks for the great mod!

Edited by Scripto23

Try Astronautix, it could have some good data. Will you be taking care of all Space-X stuff? If you need help, suggestions, info, testing and such, PM me. :) I was planning to do the LazTek RealismPack config, but if you're doing it, I could fill you in on standards me and NathanKell use for our packs.

Thanks! I'll check out Astronautix. At the moment I'm planning on doing everything in Laz's pack, but we'll see how tired/confused I end up getting. Hopefully by the end of today I'll have something to PM you for you to lookover/test, which I would be very grateful for :) .

Ok here is what I have so far with Laztek's SpaceX overhaul. You'll need RealFuels and RealismOverhaul as well. Other than the CoL issue I mentioned earlier (tip: you're going to need tail fins), everything seems to be functioning as intended as far as I know. If some people could test it out and let me know what you think that would be great.

Edited by Scripto23

I cant load any of the craft files. Are there any stock or parts not from SpaceX in this pack? Because I deleted 90% of my stock parts only keeping and bringing back what is needed for these craft files.

The stock parts in the craft files that I can think of are the strut connector, a solar panel, square probe core and extending omnidirectional antenna.

Just registered to say thank you for this great mod! Friend got me into KSP, quickly discovered MechJeb and few other mods, and yours is awesome. Mostly because I freaking love the design of the Dragon personally, and stock parts, just don't do justice! Falcon rocket is by far amazing as well, the stages, once I learn how to actually re-use em, is even more cool!

My question/comments:

-Is there a model for the Cargo Dragon? I know there is the Dragon 2, but don't see the cargo one.

-Also, I noticed maybe due to my n00b-ness, but the lack of instructions of how to re-use the stages and land em, are lacking, and a lot of trial and error is required. I don't ask my friend, as he don't have the mod, and has done enough already, but I can only re-watch your videos and be jealous :D. Some instructions or How To be awesome!

-Its very very hard to (this maybe a KSP backend issue), but its quite hard to copy say the Dragon 2 with Payload Stage onto say the Falcon Heavy. It takes a lot of moving parts, for subassemebly, and removing some parts to get it to work correctly. Once I had it on the Heavy rocket, in order to snap, it had to be upside down facing...

I am again not very experienced (learning tho!) on KSP fully, but having help, guides and videos are helping greatly, Mech Jeb and your mod, are just amazing. I just can't say it enough, I love the look! Just would love to learn quicker how to fully use this beast of a mod :) I am guessing, I could sit down after this post and look in the craft files, see how they look, and maybe just copy the dragon parts from the one craft file to another. (As, cool as it maybe, it is to me personally, quite hard to re-make the dragon it seems, with the SHERPA sat as well, and getting the fine details on.) So for me, be much easier to copy/sub assembly it over.

Thanks and sorry for tad long post!

Sorry for the delay in releasing the Exploration Pack, but I'm almost done testing everything on every gravitational body in the Kerbalverse. To assist with return launches in thick atmospheres, I've developed hybrid SuperDraco/PulseJet engines with a retractable nose/jet intake that take advantage of KSP's new air breathing/closed system engine capabilities as well as using the new FX and particle systems to create much more realistic exhaust from the Dragon's engines. I've found a few little issues that I'm ironing out and should be ready in a day or two. Here is a screen shot after my first landing on Eve with the new hybrid engines:

screenshot45.png

Laz, I'm trying to use the Dragon's RCS (with the reaction torque disabled) and the craft seems to be completely uncontrollable. It seems there is something unbalanced when it comes to the positioning of the Draco thrusters. Using the RCS build aid everything looks to be balanced but once in space any RCS thrust seems to just make the craft spin uncontrollably. Note: I'm using just the Dragon capsule with 4 SuperDracos, parachute, ladder, and nothing else attached.

Edit: Well I don't know what changed but everything seems to be in order now

Edited by Scripto23

I found a bug!

On mac when I mouseover the MainTank and UpperTank in the VAB side menu, the part starts flashing and grows in size. Then this gets spammed.

ArgumentOutOfRangeException: Argument is out of range.
Parameter name: index
at System.Collections.Generic.List`1[AvailablePart+ResourceInfo].get_Item (Int32 index) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
at PartListTooltips.GetPrimaryInfo (.AvailablePart aP, Int32 maxLines) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
at PartListTooltips.ShowTooltip (.EditorPartIcon part, .AvailablePart aPart) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
at EditorPartIcon.MouseEnter () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
at EditorPartIcon.MouseInput (.POINTER_INFO& ptr) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
at UIButton.OnInput (.POINTER_INFO& ptr) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
at AutoSpriteControlBase.OnInput (POINTER_INFO ptr) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
at UIManager.DispatchHelper (.POINTER_INFO& curPtr, Int32 camIndex) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
at UIManager.DispatchInput () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
at UIManager.Update () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

(Filename: Line: -1)

I have no other mods, just LazTek and Stock. Any idea what the issue is?

Laz, I'm trying to use the Dragon's RCS (with the reaction torque disabled) and the craft seems to be completely uncontrollable. It seems there is something unbalanced when it comes to the positioning of the Draco thrusters. Using the RCS build aid everything looks to be balanced but once in space any RCS thrust seems to just make the craft spin uncontrollably. Note: I'm using just the Dragon capsule with 4 SuperDracos, parachute, ladder, and nothing else attached.

Edit: Well I don't know what changed but everything seems to be in order now

I have also noticed this, and something similar. Sometimes it seems either the parts glitch, or KSP glitches all together. With an exact saved payload, saved, tried and true and works many times, sometimes when I launch, and than do the Gravity Turn, the whole rocket will just wobble and fall and break apart. Mostly coming from the payload area. Top Heavy right? Nah, wasn't top heavy @ all. I've carried way more and heavier up there.

Restarted KSP, launched exact same rocket + payload, worked. Did it 3 more times, worked a charm. Comes and goes.

Random question, is it possible to get a Cargo version of Dragon? Also, is it possible to put a rover or something in the dragons trunk as well? I haven't tested it yet, but was a idea I had this morning and have yet to try. I know the SHERPA Sat System goes in there, but quite honestly, I find that system quite useless (least at the moment).

Can't wait for the Exploration Pack! Been using this mod for a week solely now, to launch everything. I just love the look and feel of it. Its just so nice to just build a payload, throw it on top and go do Science!