[0.90] LazTek SpaceX Launch, Exploration, Colonial Transporter & Historic mods (1/25/14)

LazarusLuan

Yeah, I started it, but then realized that the only Nitrogen compatible RCS thrusters are the super tiny ones meant for small probes (also got distracted making a Skylon and SLS replicas :)).

where they attempted landing the first stage, you can actually see them firing the nitrogen thrusters on the first stage right after separation. Those things looked powerful. I would have to make a new part config for a powerful nitrogen thruster. Then there's still the issue of the default tank type no longer being able to hold RCS fuel...

I think the tank can store nitrogen.

EDIT: How the heck do you make anything out of the video?

If you now what you want the thrusters to look like i'm sure I could whip up a quick model.

Haha it helps if you watch the video from the beginning (or at least middlish) to get a sense of what you're looking at. But starting at about 4:30 you can see puffs of gas being shot out in a few different directions. That is the nitrogen RCS.

And the default type tanks won't store nitrogen or any of the RCS fuels :(

Actually it won't be too hard to create a new part. I'll just use the stock thruster block's model. I'll start it now.

Edit: Alright, made a cold gas nitrogen thruster part and made the main tank able to hold RCS fuel. Uploaded the revised cfg to dropbox.

Edited by Scripto23

For some reason I can no longer place the solar panel covers.

Hmm yeah it seems the retractable cover won't place. The regular ones should still be good. As far as I can tell, it's not something my config did. Maybe when Laz removed nodes he didn't update the retractable covers to place in the same way.

Ok just checked, add this

@attachRules = 0,1,0,1,1

to the cfg under the retractable panels. Though the attach points are a little off so it will stick out until I get that fixed.

Hmm yeah it seems the retractable cover won't place. The regular ones should still be good. As far as I can tell, it's not something my config did. Maybe when Laz removed nodes he didn't update the retractable covers to place in the same way.

@attachRules = 0,1,0,1,1

to the cfg under the retractable panels. Though the attach points are a little off so it will stick out until I get that fixed.

I was unable to place EITHER one last night. I'll check again today and try that.

I'm getting this error when trying to start with this mod installed

[LOG 15:02:35.297] PartLoader: Compiling Part 'KWRocketry/Parts/Structural/KWFlatadapter2x1/part/KWFlatadapter2x1'

[LOG 15:02:35.308] PartLoader: Compiling Part 'KWRocketry/Parts/Structural/KWFlatadapter3x1/part/KWFlatadapter3x1'

[LOG 15:02:35.323] PartLoader: Compiling Part 'KWRocketry/Parts/Structural/KWFlatadapter3x2/part/KWFlatadapter3x2'

[LOG 15:02:35.337] PartLoader: Compiling Part 'KWRocketry/Parts/Structural/KWFuelAdapter/21part/KWFuelAdapter2x1'

[LOG 15:02:35.346] PartLoader: Compiling Part 'KWRocketry/Parts/Structural/KWFuelAdapter/21part45/KWFuelAdapter2x1S'

[LOG 15:02:35.354] PartLoader: Compiling Part 'KWRocketry/Parts/Structural/KWFuelAdapter/31part/KWFuelAdapter3x1'

[LOG 15:02:35.363] PartLoader: Compiling Part 'KWRocketry/Parts/Structural/KWFuelAdapter/31part45/KWFuelAdapter3x1S'

[LOG 15:02:35.372] PartLoader: Compiling Part 'KWRocketry/Parts/Structural/KWFuelAdapter/32part/KWFuelAdapter3x2'

[LOG 15:02:35.380] PartLoader: Compiling Part 'KWRocketry/Parts/Structural/KWFuelAdapter/32part45/KWFuelAdapter3x2S'

[LOG 15:02:35.389] PartLoader: Compiling Part 'KWRocketry/Parts/Structural/kwstrutConnectorHeavy/part/strutConnectorHeavy'

[LOG 15:02:35.397] PartLoader: Compiling Part 'KWRocketry/Parts/Structural/kwstrutConnectorMedium/part/strutConnectorMedium'

[LOG 15:02:35.405] PartLoader: Compiling Part 'LazTek/Parts/LazTekDragon2/part/LazTekDragon2'

[WRN 15:02:35.424] Could not create PartResource of type 'Oxygen

[EXC 15:02:35.427] NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object

[EXC 15:02:35.440] NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object

Any fix?

I'm getting this error when trying to start with this mod installed

Any fix?

Are you using my Realism Overhaul of the pack? If so, you'll need ECLSS life support mod for that missing oxygen resource (see my sig for link). Or if you don't want life support you can delete the lifesupport module and the CO2/Oxygen resources from the Dragon module in the cfg.

Hi there,

I'm running this mod with RSS and RO in combination with Scripto's config and the part updates linked in his sig. However, whenever I load up any of thee Kerbx rockets, it literally falls/flies apart on the launch pad. There are no explosions, but it just kind of throws pieces off in different directions. Any idea what could be causing this? Loving the realism but really hoping to get these Kerbx models to work. They look great.

You can download these updates here: LTSpaceXDragonUpdate01.zip

I've downloaded this update, and now something very odd happens: When I try to load the provided Dragon 2 or Dragon Explorer I end up with just the Dragon capsule, and nothing else in the VAB...

I have some other weird stuff going on: If I try to build a rocket and go to "propulsion and click on one of the tanks the tank image on the button expands till it fills the screen and then disappears. I end up with an empty button. Hard to describe. Verry odd...

I'll play round with the parts a bit, see how it goes.

What I have is the latest LTSpaceX pack from the spaceport, and this update...

Anyhting else I need?

Krist

Please let me know if this works better.

I've downloaded this update, and now something very odd happens: When I try to load the provided Dragon 2 or Dragon Explorer I end up with just the Dragon capsule, and nothing else in the VAB...

I have some other weird stuff going on: If I try to build a rocket and go to "propulsion and click on one of the tanks the tank image on the button expands till it fills the screen and then disappears. I end up with an empty button. Hard to describe. Verry odd...

I'll play round with the parts a bit, see how it goes.

What I have is the latest LTSpaceX pack from the spaceport, and this update...

Anyhting else I need?

Krist

Please let me know if this works better.

Yes, that update will break saved crafts. You will need to rebuild it.

For the expanding parts thing, that should have been fixed but for whatever reason it still does that you can download this fix here.

Yes, that update will break saved crafts. You will need to rebuild it.

Are their rebuild craft files for the LT Dragon 2 and LT Dragon Explorer somewhere?

I wanted to use these to figure out how the parts work together...

Are their rebuild craft files for the LT Dragon 2 and LT Dragon Explorer somewhere?

I wanted to use these to figure out how the parts work together...

As far as I know there are not. Are you using FAR? If not you don't really need that update that removes nodes so you could just install the base mod and use craft files normally.

Hi there,

I'm running this mod with RSS and RO in combination with Scripto's config and the part updates linked in his sig. However, whenever I load up any of thee Kerbx rockets, it literally falls/flies apart on the launch pad. There are no explosions, but it just kind of throws pieces off in different directions. Any idea what could be causing this? Loving the realism but really hoping to get these Kerbx models to work. They look great.

Anybody had this issue? Using either of the craft files included with scripto's files my rocket just falls apart as soon as it loads. Violently at that. Using RSS and RO along with all required mods (long list). Not sure what could be going on. I guess I could build my own from scratch but kinda wanted to try out the craft files.

@attachRules = 0,1,0,1,1

You are correct. The small update zip I posted only contains parts for the launch pack, not the explorer expansion. I am making updates to the landing gear and will post a full update after I finish this week. I'm also creating a Blue Origin launch pack that will be ready to test by next week.

As far as I know there are not. Are you using FAR? If not you don't really need that update that removes nodes so you could just install the base mod and use craft files normally.

I am using FAR, as I believe that building good looking rockets is a lot more rewarding with FAR. There is really not much point to nice fairing without.

However, I decided to start a copy of KSP without FAR, to see what the crafts looked like.

And they are very nice. This really is some of the best looking stuff I've seen for KSP.

But I still have issues.

For example, I can't launch the Falcon Heavy. The engines on the side boosters won't ignite. Result: A spectacular launch failure.

With FAR enabled I noticed that the Faclon Heavey nose cone is also causing rockets to tumble... So that is not FAR compatible either.

I do like the legs a lot though... But where are those small legs that come out of the bottom of the upper stage (see the second picture of the first post)?. I can't seem to find them in my parts list...

I am using FAR, as I believe that building good looking rockets is a lot more rewarding with FAR. There is really not much point to nice fairing without.

However, I decided to start a copy of KSP without FAR, to see what the crafts looked like.

And they are very nice. This really is some of the best looking stuff I've seen for KSP.

But I still have issues.

For example, I can't launch the Falcon Heavy. The engines on the side boosters won't ignite. Result: A spectacular launch failure.

With FAR enabled I noticed that the Faclon Heavey nose cone is also causing rockets to tumble... So that is not FAR compatible either.

I do like the legs a lot though... But where are those small legs that come out of the bottom of the upper stage (see the second picture of the first post)?. I can't seem to find them in my parts list...

Yeah I agree with you that FAR makes building reliable rockets very rewarding. And also the models Laz created are superb, this is my favorite part mod :).

I think those legs were in a previous version of this mod but have since been removed in favor of the larger "A" frame legs.

Just remind me are you using this pack in stock KSP (with FAR) or in the RealSolarSytem mod with my rescale?

I think those legs were in a previous version of this mod but have since been removed in favor of the larger "A" frame legs.

Pity. I especially liked the animation, where the shields pivot away, and the legs come out. Why couldn't they have been left in as an option? Adding something doesn't require taking something out :-)

Just remind me are you using this pack in stock KSP (with FAR) or in the RealSolarSytem mod with my rescale?

Stock KSP + FAR + RT + quite a bit of parts.

EDIT: I have downloaded the pack, and the MM patch. I have removed anything to do with ELCSS or DRE. Will this cause problems?

EDIT EDIT:The MM config is broke. Only the Dragon Pod and the unmanned control system and it's heat shield scale up correctly. What have I done wrong?

//LazTek Rescale, Scripto23 version 2.5

@PART[LazTekDragon2]
{
//!RESOURCE[LiquidFuel] {}
//!RESOURCE[Oxidizer] {}
//!RESOURCE[MonoPropellant] {}
!MODULE[ModuleReactionWheel] {}

@rescaleFactor = 1.2
@mass = 4.35
@node_stack_bottom = 0.0, -0.6, 0.0, 0.0, -1.0, 0.0, 4
@node_stack_top = 0.0, 1.555, 0.0, 0.0, 1.0, 0.0, 2
//!node_stack_engine1 = DELETE @node_stack_engine1 = 0.955, 0.4, 0.955, 0.5, 0.18, 0.5, 1
//!node_stack_engine2 = DELETE @node_stack_engine2 = -0.955, 0.4, 0.955, -0.5, 0.18, 0.5, 1
//!node_stack_engine3 = DELETE @node_stack_engine3 = 0.955, 0.4, -0.955, 0.5, 0.18, -0.5, 1
//!node_stack_engine4 = DELETE @node_stack_engine4 = -0.955, 0.4, -0.955, -0.5, 0.18, -0.5, 1
//!node_stack_util1 = DELETE @node_stack_util1 = 0.0, 0.0, 1.381, 0.0, 0.0, 1.0, 1
//!node_stack_util2 = DELETE @node_stack_util2 = 0.0, 0.0, -1.381, 0.0, 0.0, -1.0, 1

@MODULE[ModuleCommand]
{
@minimumCrew = 1
}

MODULE
{
name = ModuleFuelTanks
volume = 3280
type = ServiceModule
basemass = -1

TANK
{
name = MMH
amount = 414
maxAmount = 414
}

TANK
{
name = N2O4
amount = 786
maxAmount = 786
}

TANK
{
name = ElectricCharge
amount = 168000
maxAmount = 168000
}

MODULE
{
name = TankPriorityModule
Priority = 10
}

@MODULE[ModuleRCS]
{
@thrusterPower = 0.524
@resourceName = N2O4
@atmosphereCurve
{
@key,0 = 0 300
@key,1 = 1 160
}
}
MODULE
{
name = ModuleRCS
thrusterTransformName = RCSthruster
thrusterPower = 0.276
resourceName = MMH
fxOffset = 0, 0, 0.0
atmosphereCurve
{
key = 0 300
key = 1 160
}
}

@maxTemp = 1700

!MODULE[ModuleSPU] {}
!MODULE[ModuleRTAntennaPassive] {}

// Thanks Agathorn
MODULE
{
name = ModuleSPU
}
MODULE
{
name = ModuleRTAntennaPassive
OmniRange = 50000000

TRANSMITTER
{
PacketInterval = 0.3
PacketSize = 2
PacketResourceCost = 15.0
}
}

}
@PART[LazTekDragonChute]
{
@rescaleFactor = 1.2
@mass = 0.013
@attachRules = 1,1,0,0,1
//!node_stack_bottom = DELETE
//node_attach = 0.0, -1.542, -0.412, 0.0, 0.0, 1.0 node_attach = 0.0, -1.542, -0.337, 0.0, 0.0, 1.0

}

@PART[LazTekDragon2Dock]
{
@rescaleFactor = 1.2

}

@PART[Dragon2NoseCone]
{
@rescaleFactor = 1.2
@mass = 0.05
}

@PART[LazTekSolarPanelCover]
{
@rescaleFactor = 1.2
@mass = 0.05
//@title = Dragon 2 Solar Panel Cover Fairing
MODULE
{
name = FARBasicDragModel
S = 1.7
CdCurve //This gives it the properties of a flat plate with flow over it or into it, depending on orientation
{
key = -1 0 0 0
key = 0 1.2 0 0
key = 1 0 0 0
}
ClCurve //Approximate lift of a flat plate in newtonian flow
{
key = -1 0
key = -0.5778 -0.462 0 0
key = 0 0
key = 0.5778 0.462 0 0
key = 1 0
}
CmCurve //It really shouldn't have strong moment characteristics
{
key = -1 0
key = 1 0
}
upVectorName = up //force it to use "part up" as the reference axis
}

}
@PART[LazTekDragonSolarPanels]
{
@rescaleFactor = 1.2
@mass = 0.035
@MODULE[ModuleDeployableSolarPanel]
{
@chargeRate = 2.5
}
}
@PART[DragonSteps]
{
@rescaleFactor = 1.2
//@attachRules = 1,1,0,0,1
//node_attach = 0.0, 0.0, -0.075, 0.0, 0.0, -1.0 node_attach = 0.0, 0.0, 0.0, 0.0, 0.0, -1.0

}
@PART[LazTekDragonTrunk]
{
@rescaleFactor = 1.2
@node_stack_top = 0, 1.12, 0, 0, 1, 0, 4
@node_stack_bottom = 0,-1.1, 0, 0, -1, 0, 4

MODULE
{
name = ModuleFuelTanks
volume = 100
type = Default
basemass = -1
}

}
@PART[LazTekFalcon9PanelDecoupler]
{
@rescaleFactor = 1.2
@node_stack_top = 0.0, 0.51, 0.0, 0.0, 1.0, 0.0, 2
@node_stack_bottom = 0.0, -0.475, 0.0, 0.0, -1.0, 0.0, 2
@node_stack_attach = 0.0, 0.0, 0.0, 0.0, 1.0, 0.0

}
@PART[LazTekFalcon9InterstageFairing]
{
@rescaleFactor = 1.2
@node_stack_top = 0.0, 2.26, 0.0, 0.0, 1.0, 0.0, 4
@node_stack_bottom = 0.0, -2.255, 0.0, 0.0, 1.0, 0.0, 4

}
@PART[LazTekFalconHeavyExpandedFairing]
{
@rescaleFactor = 1.2
@mass = 0.875

@MODULE[ModuleAnchoredDecoupler]
{
@ejectionForce = 1000
}

}
@PART[LazTekFalconHeavyFairingBase]
{
@rescaleFactor = 1.2
@node_stack_top = 0.0, 0.31, 0.0, 0.0, 1.0, 0.0, 2
@node_stack_bottom = 0.0, -0.21, 0.0, 0.0, 1.0, 0.0, 4

}
@PART[LazTekFalconHeavyInterstageFairing]
{
@rescaleFactor = 1.2
@node_stack_top = 0.0, 2.26, 0.0, 0.0, 1.0, 0.0, 4
@node_stack_bottom = 0.0, -2.255, 0.0, 0.0, 1.0, 0.0, 4

}
@PART[FalconHeavyNoseCone]
{
@rescaleFactor = 1.2
@mass = 0.5
@node_stack_bottom01 = 0.0, -1.69, 0.0, 0.0, 1.0, 0.0, 4

}
@PART[FalconLowerGear]
{
@rescaleFactor = 1.2
@mass = 0.5

}
@PART[LazTekFalcon9MainTank]
{
@rescaleFactor = 1.2
@node_stack_top = 0.0, 14.01, 0.0, 0.0, 1.0, 0.0, 4
@node_stack_bottom = 0.0, -14.0, 0.0, 0.0, 1.0, 0.0, 4
@node_attach = 0.0, 0.0, 1.54, 0.0, 0.0, -1.0, 1
!RESOURCE[LiquidFuel] {}
!RESOURCE[Oxidizer] {}
!RESOURCE[MonoPropellant] {}
@mass = 9.327
MODULE
{
name = ModuleFuelTanks
volume = 368000
type = ServiceModule
basemass = -1

TANK
{
name = LiquidOxygen
amount = 241040
maxAmount = 241040
}
TANK
{
name = Kerosene
amount = 126960
maxAmount = 126960
}

}

}
@PART[FalconMiddleGear]
{
@rescaleFactor = 1.2
@mass = 0.3

}
@PART[LazTekFalconPayloadBay]
{
@rescaleFactor = 1.2

}
@PART[FalconRadialDecoupler]
{
@rescaleFactor = 1.2
@MODULE[ModuleAnchoredDecoupler]
{
@ejectionForce = 2000
}

}
@PART[LazTekFalconRemoteControl]
{
@rescaleFactor = 1.2
@mass = 0.5
@node_stack_top = 0.0, 0.07, 0.0, 0.0, 1.0, 0.0, 4
@node_stack_bottom = 0.0, -0.08, 0.0, 0.0, -1.0, 0.0, 4

@RESOURCE[ElectricCharge]
{
@amount = 4000
@maxAmount = 4000
}

!MODULE[ModuleSPU] {}

MODULE
{
name = ModuleSPU
}
MODULE
{
OmniRange = 50000000

TRANSMITTER
{
PacketInterval = 0.3
PacketSize = 2
}
}
}
@PART[LazTekFalcon9ASASBase]
{
//@title = Falcon Remote Flight Control System and Heat Shield fairing
@rescaleFactor = 1.2
@node_stack_top = 0.0, 0.17, 0.0, 0.0, 1.0, 0.0, 4
@node_stack_bottom = 0.0, -0.18, 0.0, 0.0, -1.0, 0.0, 4
@maxTemp = 3400
@mass = 0.2

@RESOURCE[ElectricCharge]
{
@amount = 4000
@maxAmount = 4000
}

!MODULE[ModuleSPU] {}

MODULE
{
name = ModuleSPU
}
MODULE
{
OmniRange = 50000000

TRANSMITTER
{
PacketInterval = 0.3
PacketSize = 2
}
}
}

@PART[LazTekFalconSatCapture]
{
@rescaleFactor = 1.2

}
@PART[LazTekFalcon9UpperTank]
{
//@title = title = SpaceX Falcon Upper Stage Tank
@rescaleFactor = 1.2
@node_stack_top = 0.0, 3.33, 0.0, 0.0, 1.0, 0.0, 4
@node_stack_bottom1 = 0.0, -3.82, 0.0, 0.0, -1.0, 0.0, 2
@node_stack_connect1 = 0.0, -3.22, 0.0, 0.0, -1.0, 0.0, 4
!RESOURCE[LiquidFuel] {}
!RESOURCE[Oxidizer] {}
!RESOURCE[MonoPropellant] {}
@mass = 3
MODULE
{
name = ModuleFuelTanks
volume = 87000
type = Default
basemass = -1
TANK
{
name = LiquidOxygen
amount = 56985
maxAmount = 56985
}
TANK
{
name = Kerosene
amount = 30015
maxAmount = 30015
}

}

}

@PART[LazTekFalcon9EngineHousing]
{
@rescaleFactor = 1.2

}

@PART[LazTekFalcon9EngineCluster]
{
@rescaleFactor = 1.2
@node_stack_top = 0.0, 1.87, 0.0, 0.0, 1.0, 0.0, 4
//@heatProduction = 400

@MODULE[ModuleEngines]
{
@maxThrust = 4320
@atmosphereCurve
{
@key,0 = 0 311
@key,1 = 1 282
}
@PROPELLANT[LiquidFuel]
{
@name = Kerosene
@ratio = 0.345
}
@PROPELLANT[Oxidizer]
{
@name = LiquidOxygen
@ratio = 0.655
}
}
!MODULE[ModuleEngineConfigs] {}
MODULE
{
name = ModuleEngineConfigs
origMass = 3.6
techLevel = 0
origTechLevel = 0
maxTechLevel = 0
engineType = L
configuration = Kerosene+LiquidOxygen
modded = false
CONFIG
{
name = Kerosene+LiquidOxygen
maxThrust = 4320
PROPELLANT
{
name = Kerosene
ratio = 0.345
DrawGauge = true
}
PROPELLANT
{
name = LiquidOxygen
ratio = 0.655
}
IspSL = 1.25333333333333
IspV = 1.244
throttle = 0.7
}
}

}
@PART[LazTekFalcon9EngineCenter]
{
//@node_stack_top = -0.01, 0.61, 0.0, 0.0, 1.0, 0.0
//@node_stack_bottom = -0.01, -0.75, 0.0, 0.0, 1.0, 0.0
//@node_stack_top = 0.0, 0.61, 0.0, 0.0, 1.0, 0.0
//@node_stack_bottom = 0.0, -0.75, 0, 0.0, 1.0, 0.0
@rescaleFactor = 1.2
//@heatProduction = 100
@MODULE[ModuleEngines]
{
@maxThrust = 720
@atmosphereCurve
{
@key,0 = 0 311
@key,1 = 1 282
}
@PROPELLANT[LiquidFuel]
{
@name = Kerosene
@ratio = 0.345
}
@PROPELLANT[Oxidizer]
{
@name = LiquidOxygen
@ratio = 0.655
}
}
MODULE
{
origMass = 0.6
techLevel = 0
origTechLevel = 0
maxTechLevel = 0
engineType = L
modded = false
CONFIG
{
maxThrust = 720
PROPELLANT
{
name = Kerosene
ratio = 0.345
DrawGauge = true
}
PROPELLANT
{
name = LiquidOxygen
ratio = 0.655
}
IspSL = 1.25333333333333
IspV = 1.244
//throttle = 0.7
}
}

}
@PART[LazTekMerlin1dVacuumEngine]
{
@rescaleFactor = 1.2
//@mass = 0.787
@heatProduction = 100
@MODULE[ModuleEngines]
{
@maxThrust = 801
@atmosphereCurve
{
@key,0 = 0 342
@key,1 = 1 120
}
@PROPELLANT[LiquidFuel]
{
@name = Kerosene
@ratio = 0.345
}
@PROPELLANT[Oxidizer]
{
@name = LiquidOxygen
@ratio = 0.655
}
}
MODULE
{
origMass = 1
techLevel = 0
origTechLevel = 0
maxTechLevel = 0
engineType = U
modded = false
CONFIG
{
maxThrust = 801
PROPELLANT
{
name = Kerosene
ratio = 0.345
DrawGauge = true
}
PROPELLANT
{
name = LiquidOxygen
ratio = 0.655
}
IspSL = 0.740740740740741
IspV = 1.26666666666667
//throttle = 0.6
}
}

}
@PART[LazTekSeparationEngine]
{
@rescaleFactor = 1.2

}
@PART[LazTekSHERPA]
{
@rescaleFactor = 1.2

!MODULE[ModuleSPU] {}

MODULE
{
name = ModuleSPU
}
MODULE
{
OmniRange = 50000000

TRANSMITTER
{
PacketInterval = 0.3
PacketSize = 2
}
}

}
@PART[LazTekSHERPATank]
{
@rescaleFactor = 1.2

}
@PART[LazTekSPSDecoupler]
{
@rescaleFactor = 1.2

}
@PART[LazTekSuperDracoNacelle]
{
@rescaleFactor = 1.2
@description = (To apply to Dragon capsule: Rotate capsule 45degrees by holding shift and pushing Q 9x. Then place in 4x symmetry with angle snap on. This will eliminate torque) Twin SuperDraco engines and nacelle radial mount to attach to SpaceX Dragon 2 spacecraft. Using hypergolic MMH + N2O4 contained in the Dragon, these are designed to be used as emergency escape thrusters or for powered landings.
@MODULE[ModuleEnginesFX]
{
@exhaustDamage = true
@maxThrust = 134
@atmosphereCurve
{
@key,0 = 0 330
@key,1 = 1 270
}
@PROPELLANT[MonoPropellant]
{
@name = MMH
@ratio = 0.345
}
PROPELLANT
{
name = N2O4
ratio = 0.655
}
}
MODULE
{
origMass = 0.25
techLevel = 7
origTechLevel = 7
maxTechLevel = 7
engineType = O
configuration = MMH+N2O4
modded = false
CONFIG
{
name = MMH+N2O4
maxThrust = 134
PROPELLANT
{
name = MMH
ratio = 0.345
DrawGauge = true
}
PROPELLANT
{
name = N2O4
ratio = 0.655
}
IspSL = 2.15
IspV = 0.85
throttle = 0.0
}
}

}

PART
{
name = SpaceXUpperStageThruster
module = Part
author = LazTek,Scripto23

MODEL
{
model = LazTek/Parts/LazTekSeparationEngine/model
}

rescaleFactor = 1.8
scale = 1.0
node_attach = 0.0, 0.0, 0.0, 0.0, -1.0, 0.0

TechRequired = fuelSystems
cost = 450
category = Propulsion
subcategory = 0
title = SuperDraco Single engine
manufacturer = SpaceX
description = This thruster is applied in 4x symmetry along the base of the upper tank and is used for soft landings following return of the upperstage.
// attachment rules: stack, srfAttach, allowStack, allowSrfAttach, allowCollision
attachRules = 0,1,0,1,1

// --- standard part parameters ---
mass = 0.15
dragModelType = default
maximum_drag = 0.3
minimum_drag = 0.2
angularDrag = 2
crashTolerance = 7
breakingForce = 50
breakingTorque = 50
maxTemp = 3600

// --- FX definitions ---
fx_exhaustFlame_blue = 0.0, -1, 0.0, 0.0, 1.0, 0.0, running
fx_exhaustLight_blue = 0.0, -1, 0.0, 0.0, 0.0, 1.0, running
fx_exhaustSparks_flameout = 0.0, -3.4, 0.0, 0.0, 1.0, 0.0, flameout

// --- Sound FX definition ---
sound_vent_medium = engage
sound_rocket_hard = running
sound_vent_soft = disengage
sound_explosion_low = flameout

MODULE
{
name = ModuleEngines
thrustVectorTransformName = thrustTransform
heatProduction = 50
ignitionThreshold = 0.1
maxThrust = 67
fxOffset = 0, 0, 0.2
atmosphereCurve
{
key = 0 300
key = 1 260
}
PROPELLANT
{
name = Kerosene
ratio = 0.345
}
PROPELLANT
{
name = LiquidOxygen
ratio = 0.655
}
}
MODULE
{
origMass = 0.15
techLevel = 0
origTechLevel = 0
maxTechLevel = 0
engineType = L+
modded = false
CONFIG
{
maxThrust = 67
PROPELLANT
{
name = Kerosene
ratio = 0.345
DrawGauge = true
}
PROPELLANT
{
name = LiquidOxygen
ratio = 0.655
}
IspSL = 1.22641509434
IspV = 1.16279069767
//throttle = 0.0
}
}

MODULE
{
name = ModuleGimbal
gimbalTransformName = thrustTransform
gimbalRange = 1
}
}

PART
{

// --- general parameters ---
name = RCSnitro
module = Part
author = NovaSilisko, Scripto23

MODEL
{
model = Squad/Parts/Utility/RCS block/model
//scale = 0.1
}

scale = 0.1

// --- node definitions ---
// definition format is Position X, Position Y, Position Z, Up X, Up Y, Up Z
node_attach = 0.45212, -0.0105571, -0.0059382, 1.0, 0.0, 0.0

// --- editor parameters ---
//TechRequired = fuelSystems
//entryCost = 3400
cost = 450
category = Control
subcategory = 0
title = Cold Nitrogen RCS Thruster
manufacturer = SpaceX
description = Cold nitrogen thruster system designed to be used on the first stage of the SpaceX Falcon rockets. Attach with 4x symmetry at top of the first stage fuel tank.

// attachment rules: stack, srfAttach, allowStack, allowSrfAttach, allowCollision
attachRules = 0,1,0,0,0

// --- standard part parameters ---
mass = 0.01
dragModelType = default
maximum_drag = 0.001
minimum_drag = 0.001
angularDrag = 2
crashTolerance = 15
maxTemp = 3600

// --- rcs module parameters ---

MODULE
{
name = ModuleRCS
thrusterTransformName = RCSthruster
thrusterPower = 1
resourceName = Nitrogen
atmosphereCurve
{
key = 0 30
key = 1 67
}
}

MODULE
{
type = ModuleRCS
thrustRating = thrusterPower
techLevel = 7
origTechLevel = 7
engineType = L
origMass = 0.01
configuration = Nitrogen
modded = false

CONFIG
{
name = Nitrogen
thrusterPower = 1
resourceName = Nitrogen
IspSL = 0.1
IspV = 0.195
}
}
}

@PART[LazTekPulseJetNacelle]
{
@rescaleFactor = 1.2
}

@PART[FalconUpperGear]
{
@rescaleFactor = 1.2
}

@PART[FalconMiddleHeatShield]
{
@rescaleFactor = 1.2

@PART[LazTekDragonMonopropellantTank]
{
@rescaleFactor = 1.2
}

@PART[LazTekDragonDockingTrunk]
{
@rescaleFactor = 1.2
}

@PART[DragonShield]
{
@rescaleFactor = 1.2

@PART[LazTekSolarPanelCoverRetractable]
{
@rescaleFactor = 1.2
}

@PART[LazTekNoseConeRetractable]
{
@rescaleFactor = 1.2
}

@PART[LazTekDragonHabitat]
{
@rescaleFactor = 1.2
@mass = 4.2
}

I placed the MM config in Gamedata. That resulted in only the dragon and it's unmanned systems to scale up. I placed it in the LazTek folder. The same happened again.

Edited by Deathsoul097

EDIT: I have downloaded the pack, and the MM patch. I have removed anything to do with ELCSS or DRE. Will this cause problems?

EDIT EDIT:The MM config is broke. Only the Dragon Pod and the unmanned control system and it's heat shield scale up correctly. What have I done wrong?

I placed the MM config in Gamedata. That resulted in only the dragon and it's unmanned systems to scale up. I placed it in the LazTek folder. The same happened again.

I've found a good rule of thumb is if only certain parts of a rescale work properly then it's probably a missing bracket somewhere. And the rule holds true! :) There's a bracket missing at the end of the ModuleFuelTanks module in the dragon capsule.

edit: I've added a config that doesn't have the life support to dropbox (see my sig for link). It's listed as LazTekrescaleNoLS.cfg.

Edited by Scripto23

Pity. I especially liked the animation, where the shields pivot away, and the legs come out. Why couldn't they have been left in as an option? Adding something doesn't require taking something out :-)

Stock KSP + FAR + RT + quite a bit of parts.

The old landing legs didn't match the actual design of the landing legs that SpaceX released, so I removed them initially, but have been attempting to update all my landing legs to work with the new suspension system before re-releasing them in my next update. I am having an issue getting the suspension to actually work instead of locking into a solid leg. Anyone here familiar with working with the wheelCollider in the new landing legs in Unity?

EDIT: Figured out the suspension system - new update forthcoming.

Edited by LazarusLuan