[0.90] LazTek SpaceX Launch, Exploration, Colonial Transporter & Historic mods (1/25/14)

LazarusLuan

I'm trying to get the Launch Pack working with 0.23 but it keeps crashing KSP on load. The Exploration pack works fine, but as soon as the Launch Pack files are added, KSP crashes on load. This is using the most recent version available on Space Port.

I'm trying to get the Launch Pack working with 0.23 but it keeps crashing KSP on load. The Exploration pack works fine, but as soon as the Launch Pack files are added, KSP crashes on load. This is using the most recent version available on Space Port.

Sounds like you're running out of memory.

I get major control problems when firing up my dragon on the falcon nine, it doesn't seem to react to my controls and when it does I can't stop it from continuing until I'm spinning and out of control.

Are you referring to the superdracos engines that attach radially? If so, you need to rotate the dragon 45degrees (shift+Q 9 times) before you attach the engines. Or use RCSbuildaid to help you visualize the torque.

That might be it, but allow me to give a more descriptive explanation of what happens.

When I first begin my gravity turn on the first stage, it takes about five seconds for the thing to react.

After it reacts, I can't stop my gravity turn from turning, it just keeps on tilting forward until I'm in a spin.

Yes, I do use FAR, but I just got it and this problem was going on before I started using FAR.

I've also removed the draco system all together just to see if that was the case.

I think it might have to due with the dragon capsule itself, if it helps you figure it out I'm also using mechjeb.

Are there any issues integrating KerbX parts with Laztek (on user's end)?

KerbX isn't compatible anymore I think, since it was abandoned a while ago.

Also, there is quite a "quality gap" to be honest. LazTek's work is incredibly detailed... while the KerbX Falcon 1 is very basic.

On the other hand, I think that KerbX engines are a bit more detailed. Those engines still hold up, while all I've seen on LazTek ones is the nozzle (unless it changed recently).

On the other hand, I think that KerbX engines are a bit more detailed. Those engines still hold up, while all I've seen on LazTek ones is the nozzle (unless it changed recently).

True actually.

• 2 weeks later...

I've tested the current release of the SpaceX Launch pack and Explorer Expansion kit with the .23.5 release of KSP and for the most part, everything seems to work the same or better. There is no longer any need to use struts between the Merlin 1D Housing and the main fuel tank, but upper connecting struts are still needed to stabilize the Falcon Heavy and Dragon Explorer configurations. While the upper stages no longer break, they bend badly without added support and/or the use of the shorter Explorer tank. KSP still requires the Dragon 2 capsule to be rotated 45 degrees before placing the four Superdraco engines to get the thrust vectors to straighten up and not rotate the ship uncontrollably.

Here is my current list of changes that still need to happen:

1. Add flag placement on parts

2. Rework Dragon RCS thrust points to get RCS roll to work

3. Fix "expanding tanks" bug with VAB parts selector

If there are any changes I still need to address, or if anyone has a clue as to what could cause the "expanding tanks" bug, please let me know. I will also be adding new flame effects to all the regular-fuel engines. Now that KSP has fixed the issues with stability of large parts, I will be releasing my SpaceX 3.75-meter Super Heavy Lifting Pack within a couple of weeks, which will include concept versions of the upcoming Raptor engines.

Nice. :) Just keep in mind, RCS thrusters apply their thrust through the COM. So RCS roll will never work on a stack-mounted RCS part. You'd need to make the RCS separate, attachable parts for this to happen.

For the expanding parts bug, some parts require a dummy description module to be added which will fix the problem. Somebody made it into mod here.

Also I actually made a config which rescales your mod parts and applies the most recent data SpaceX has released regarding the Raptor engines. It's made with realsolarsystem and all the realismoverhaul mods in mind (also needs HotRockets), but if you are interested you can check it out. You can find it in the main link in my sig in the FalconBFR_RaptorEngine folder. My numbers come mostly from this article , this blog, and a few scattered forum posts in the spaceflight forums.

Here is the Falcon BFR Heavy compared to a "regular" Falcon Heavy (rescaled to RSS parameters with my realismoverhaul cfg):

Javascript is disabled. View full album
Edited by Scripto23

Yeah what Nathan said. To be more specific, the bug occurs on parts that have three or more resources, but no partmodules. You can see TaranisElsu's bug report here for some more details. So the fix is to just add something like this to the affected part:

MODULE
{
name = ModuleSAS
}

Why is this beautiful pack not responding to MechJeb? Please Help. I am used to Yuri Gagarin style flying. Don't like to input manual override codes for anything.

Found out that 3 tanks are the culprits for my MechJeb dilema. (Falcon Upper Stage Tank - Explorer Main Tank - Falcon Main Tank) I removed the parts from the stock Laztek rocket builds and they work without issue. The question remains, how are these 3 tanks breaking MJ? or is it the 400 ISP engine and engine faring involved? Don't know, need to test.

On another note I am having severe wobliness coming from the joints between service modules and heatshields or somewhere along those joints. Could anyone take a look or send me a quick reply regarding a fix?

Thanks in advance.

I have a few questions about the satellite capture frame.....

1. does this really capture any craft in space using the reusable fairing payload bay?

2. does it work by magnetics or docking port?

If this is a functioning piece , this is by far incredible use of tactics that spacex should use in real life! :D